ASL Web Browsers??

MomToDeafChild

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any other web browsers for ASL besides ASL Pro and ASL Browser that have LOTS of signs?

I've been using both of these to learn sign, but they don't have a huge list of words, and it is so much easier to see someone doing the sign than trying to figure it out from a book. I've been trying to keep ahead of my Kindergartener who is reading first grade stories, and these websites are missing quite a few of the words in her books, lol.

Are there any browsers where you can type in the word you the sign you are looking for?

Yes, websites like ASL Pro and ASL Browser?

I guess I called it 'browser' because it was in ASL Browser, lol. Sorry for the confusion...

You would be much better off getting an integrated book and video text than trying to learn from those sites. What you're doing is like someone trying to learn English by reading the dictionary. (Not to put down those sites, they are very good "dictionaries.") I recommend the Signing Naturally series; you will learn vocabulary and grammar and the language as a whole, which will be much more helpful. Good luck!

I agree. I used the Signing Natural series. They show the signs in context and syntax, not just as random signs.

ASL Pro and ASL Browser are useful for quick "look ups" or to verify a sign.

That is very good one. I like these websites. Thanks.

I agree that it is a good idea to study the ASL from the books. I think that the websites are also helpful if they fascinate them so that they will get the book(s).

Back