Asia quake death toll tops 23,000

This undoubtly will be recorded as 'one' of the worse and massive destruction of all time--

Not only parents losing children, but children also losing parents....the chaotic mayhem of cries throughout the day and night...lost, confused, bewildered souls lurking about with hopes diminished, dreams quashed, a future unknown...starvations, dreaded diseases increasingly manifesting itself in areas of contamination...It will definitely take thousands to only help the survivors in the days and weeks ahead, but will take countless of (more) outside 'aid' of other countries to minimize this huge crushing impact for years to come!

Lastly and from a logical stance--picturing such a huge quake which even put in a slight 'wobble' in the earth's rotation...imagine the aftershocks or the shifting of the earth's crust/plates that may produce in the days later or soon elsewhere another quake of such magnitude! Time to *pray*.....

I read somewhere today, Banjo, that for almost of all of California, a tsunami could not happen. If I can find the information later tonight, I'll post it.

Anyway, this is such a tragedy of humongous proportions.....

This Is Not Our Problem!!!!

I am so sorry for all the trauma that you have been going through. I so understand your frustration, grief, and hopelessness. I cannot give you the comfort you need, but One thing I can ask of you is this. Please don't let the anger of your situation mask the caring heart that you have. There is always someone, somewhere who is going through much more loss then you are. I know that is not much comfort, going through what you are but you are living yet, some today have died. Please don't take your anger out on the one's who did not ask for this and deserve this.

And when we had airplines crashed into WTO Twin towers, the man who bombed the fedral oklahoma city, and in California, the expressway bridges fell on and killed people, NOT ONE OTHER COUNTRY HELPED US.

Do you really think that we can turn our backs to this tragedy and still call our selves good people. If something like this happened to our country I would hope that other countries would come to our aid. Think about 9-11 and how we reacted to countries that refused to help us. Mother nature proves over and over again that she is in control and we are powerless against her. Even the US could not withstand her powers. There are things more powerful us.

ckfarbes said:
And when we had airplines crashed into WTO Twin towers, the man who bombed the fedral oklahoma city, and in California, the expressway bridges fell on and killed people, NOT ONE OTHER COUNTRY HELPED US.

Excuse me?

Canada helped the USA on 9/11 by allowing the airplanes to land in Canada instead of the USA since all of the airports were shut down. Also, a bunch of Canadians came down from Canada to comfort the New Yorkers.

So, don't you dare say that nobody ever came to your assistance on 9/11.

Keep in mind that there are still 10 of thousands of people still missing. Unfortunately, many of these are probably dead so the toll will continue to rise for some time. There are also those that are injured that may not make it, and any disease that follows after this will take lives. The total tally is far from being reached, and we may never know an exact number.

There are also a lot of stories about people unable to find their dead relatives that were swept away. Its one thing to lose friends/family, but I couldn't imagine never recoverving them to lay them to rest.

Why USA spend over millions dollars on other country???

I saw the cnn news said that USA spend over million dollars on indo-asia because of that diaster evinorment. USA really upset me big time. USA always focus and spend the million moneies on various countries outside of our country. America buy many imports from asia. america pay asia more than billioniers for imports i.e. cars, computers, various items. (China or Japan, they are rich and have a lot of moneies)Why not China and Japan help and spend their money on their own land of asia which their brothers and sisters. that who they are and so greedy. they are laughing behind our america's back. I hate to see USA spend million dollars on another country everyday when america will be crash into trouble with money and unemployments rise for many reasons on and on list.. like the great star fall from heaven crash into earth become ugly soon!

ckfarbes said:
I am so sorry for all the trauma that you have been going through. I so understand your frustration, grief, and hopelessness. I cannot give you the comfort you need, but One thing I can ask of you is this. Please don't let the anger of your situation mask the caring heart that you have. There is always someone, somewhere who is going through much more loss then you are. I know that is not much comfort, going through what you are but you are living yet, some today have died. Please don't take your anger out on the one's who did not ask for this and deserve this.

Do you really think that we can turn our backs to this tragedy and still call our selves good people. If something like this happened to our country I would hope that other countries would come to our aid. Think about 9-11 and how we reacted to countries that refused to help us. Mother nature proves over and over again that she is in control and we are powerless against her. Even the US could not withstand her powers. There are things more powerful us.

Like Banjo said, most countries helped in different ways. I don't think the US asked for financial aid. We did ask for, and received, vital intelligence on where the terrorists were working, hiding, and planning further attacks and this help continues today.

Our responsibility as an economic, military, and moral superpower in the world today mandates that we take the lead on providing all types of assistance.

I wonder if we hadn't stretched our military so thin in Iraq, we'd have the 82nd and 101st Airborne Divisions on the ground now in India, Sri Lanka, etc. helping rebuild the roads, hospitals, and police/fire stations in those countries and helping reduce the possibility of further death from diseases.

I don't know if someone already posted this, but I read this article this morning and thought I'd share it here in connection to the tidal waves....

American diver underwater during catastrophe

And the scuba driver said she was really surprised that US goverment did so little to help the American tourists deal with the ordeal. 0_o

Ummm, I hesitate to bring this up, but did anyone here have a nervous sense of foreboding Sunday morning? A feeling that something cataclysmic was about to happen?

Beowulf said:
Ummm, I hesitate to bring this up, but did anyone here have a nervous sense of foreboding Sunday morning? A feeling that something cataclysmic was about to happen?

Yes I did.

ckfarbes said:
I saw the cnn news said that USA spend over million dollars on indo-asia because of that diaster evinorment. USA really upset me big time. USA always focus and spend the million moneies on various countries outside of our country. America buy many imports from asia. america pay asia more than billioniers for imports i.e. cars, computers, various items. (China or Japan, they are rich and have a lot of moneies)Why not China and Japan help and spend their money on their own land of asia which their brothers and sisters. that who they are and so greedy. they are laughing behind our america's back. I hate to see USA spend million dollars on another country everyday when america will be crash into trouble with money and unemployments rise for many reasons on and on list.. like the great star fall from heaven crash into earth become ugly soon!

When USA goes into futher debt because we had to pay for this relief. Then i want BUSH to be impeached. Because we got the WAR ON TERROR to think about than relief crap. Why cant russia or china take care the relief efforts.

This story is really sad, and hearing more and MORE people died.....

I also saw the front page of the plain dealer yesterday about a father holding his child in his arms seeing the child's hand....*sigh* It's really saddness....

:tears:

ravensteve1961 said:
When USA goes into futher debt because we had to pay for this relief. Then i want BUSH to be impeached. Because we got the WAR ON TERROR to think about than relief crap. Why cant russia or china take care the relief efforts.

Only a moron would say this.

USA has been known for their humantarian efforts for decades. Someday USA will have their own catastrophe and Asia will be able to help back.

What you give out, you will get back later on.

I am proud to say that I have donated some money to Mercy Corps Northwest who have already started helping out there.

Dang, Meg.
I am totally crushed.
I was in total agreement with Raven for once and you step on a tomato like me and say Ketchup.
Guess I will have to do more thinking.
Gotta catch up.
Sighhh.
Bush OUGHT to be impeached, ya know..?
hee hee

Last edited:
We are really broke. I don't know where USA get money to help them out unless somewhere our pocket has to go over there. Meaning raise our cost of living higher?

jazzy said:
We are really broke. I don't know where USA get money to help them out unless somewhere our pocket has to go over there. Meaning raise our cost of living higher?

Perfect answer - we can always ask Bush to stop squandering money on his own personal agenda. He should stop sending troops to or supporting troops in Iraq and use that money or manpower for Asia, instead.

Meg said:
He should stop sending troops to or supporting troops in Iraq and use that money or manpower for Asia, instead.
Great and you know what? when we do that. The arabs will be celebrating in victory.

Sighhh.
THAT is moronic.

Last edited:
Back