Armed Forces for the Deaf?

I don't think Bush was responsible for this, It's been like that for a long time. It's Obama's military now.

It was happened in 2006 or 2007. The deaf kids from my school together. They wish to join deaf army.

Obama can't do anything for deaf to join military.

It was happened in 2006 or 2007. The deaf kids from my school together. They wish to join deaf army.

Obama can't do anything for deaf to join military.

sure he can if he wants to. He's the Commander-in-Chief.

sure he can if he wants to. He's the Commander-in-Chief.

Okay. I watched the Presidential address on tv last night. Obama didn't mention about deaf. I will ask my husband again. But He will be leave military because he need to break time. It's his last day to server at military this weekend. He need to focus on his job, school, family and have a baby birth in March. He will be enlist to military in few years later.

Okay. I watched the Presidential address on tv last night. Obama didn't mention about deaf. I will ask my husband again. But He will be leave military because he need to break time. It's his last day to server at military this weekend. He need to focus on his job, school, family and have a baby birth in March. He will be enlist to military in few years later.

no no I'm just saying that Obama CAN let deafies join the military if he wants to but he's not going to. I wouldn't either.

good luck to you and your husband!

I second that. You're right. Deaf people can't enlist in the military because can't hear.

My husband and my dad are military. They told me the same thing that deaf can't enlist in the military. My ex deaf bf wish that he join to Air Force but he can't do that. And other deaf people are complaint on Bush's rejected deaf to join Military.
Deaf people weren't allowed to join the military even before Bush was born. He didn't make the rule.

Though there is nothing that could stop a Deaf/deaf/hh person from becoming President of the U.S. And then he/she could become the Commander in Chief outranking a 5 star General.

Also you can join SDF (State Defense Force) cause they don't requires medical exams. Just have be in good moral and physically able to do your duties.

My uncle tried to join the army and was rejected immediately. In the UK you can't enlist if you are deaf.

FYI... I am military freak. I grew up wanting to fly the warplanes until I got to age of 18. I found out I can only join any military offices without setting my foot in military combat training or anything similar to that field. We deaf people can only work at the base as an employee. They have the same rule as the governments have for deaf who wants to drive anything that has a law that you have to hear 5 feet from where you are positioned. Military will NOT allow you do anything in the department that provides assistance to any military combat soldiers as well. And of course I am sad. I kept coming up with an idea to have wireless communication equipment for us in airplanes so I can fly those muthafcka war planes.... *growls*

What are the pros and cons regarding Deaf and Hard of Hearing in the military?

What are the pros and cons regarding Deaf and Hard of Hearing in the military?

I thought it was obvious to notice the cons and pros right here in the forum.

Cons... can not be in combat on ground and in the air.

Pros.... you can do some kind of jobs that is non-combat at the base.

Deaf can work for Military but as civilian employees. I worked at US Air Force Reserves Airlift 900 something (I can't remember) in Minneapolis-St. Paul area during high school working in offices. It was during summer through employment program. Military people are cool and nice.

Deaf people weren't allowed to join the military even before Bush was born. He didn't make the rule.

Yeah I know that. That what deaf teenagers thought it was Bush did. I doubt it.

I thought it was obvious to notice the cons and pros right here in the forum.

Cons... can not be in combat on ground and in the air.

Pros.... you can do some kind of jobs that is non-combat at the base.

Let me rephrase.

Hypothetically, if Deaf or Hard of Hearing were to be allowed in the Military,what would be the pros and cons of having such people in the military at the front line, in battle, in the field or off the field.

This gives me the view of comparision that Deaf or Hard of Hearing is faulty and should be tossed over the cliff much like the babies of Sparta was upon seeing a defect.

"Only the Strong survive!"

I do not think for one minute that we are weak, that is pretty much what the Military is stating, when the majority of people, whether it be Deaf or Hard of Hearing, Flat footed, curved spine, missing digits, too much tattoo on body, or can't smile right or what have you is not allowed to be in the military.

Back