Are you a "night owl"?

I suffered with tinnitus for three years everyday and night, no peace and it was making me depressed and crazy. My parents finally believed me and got me help
with anti-anxiety medication and it finally went away. My tinnitus was from anxiety because of the death of my cousin whom I was very close to. I never knew anxiety could cause ringing in the ears like that.

I know what you're talking about..my hearin aid was broken and couldnt hear nothin except loud ringing. It made me miserable especially tryin to sleep. The ringin would never ever end.

yeah caffeine and alcohol will get mine going full speed...they are always ringing though. Too much sun does it too. And I'm in the sun alot!

too much sun cause tinnitus? never heard of that. :lol: I rarely drink caffeine and alcohol. :bowdown: I have no tinnitus problem anymore. :rockon:

Night Owl Mimsy checking in.

I just brought some clean (but old) blankets and towels to the all-night emergency animal clinic. They really need this stuff. I feel good that I did something charitable today. Especially for those poor sick dogs and cats.

Now it's 1:07 am and I'm going to try to sleep. Early morning tomorrow to the ophthalmologist to see if I am a good candidate for the Lasic procedure on both eyes. I really want to get rid of my contacts and be able to see clearly.

Up until very recently I was staying up until 2-4am and waking up around 12-1pm. Now? I seem to be unable to be in bed past 10:30am, even if I try and sleep in a bit later. I tend to go to bed around midnight too, but that might be more because I have to get myself ready to wake up for a job in the next few days - I'll also have to be getting up an hour earlier than that to be on time, but it doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

I kind of like being a night owl - less people to bug you, and more relaxed times. But then again, I miss seeing the morning sun, and making the most of my day. I may try and fix my sleeping pattern so I can start to see it more.

used to be a night owl. at the time, it fit my lifestyle perfectly. even the shift I had at work was perfect for me.

these days, I have to get up early to take care of my family.

most definitely a night owl over here. first post at almost 5am lol. hello y'all... looking forward to making friends and having a good time on here

I have found that if I get some kind of tiring exercise in during the day and some fresh air, then the tinnitus doesn't keep me up at night. I have also managed to be able to change the tune or sound of the tinnitus at times.

Exercise and getting out of the house can help sometimes. If I am out too long or over do it my Dystonia pain flares up badly. When I have severe pain the noises go way up. That is what is happening tonight so I am still very awake at 2am.

I have narcolepsy, I used to have a rx for ghb to sleep at night but I didn't really like it. Now with the pain I'm in with the hearing loss thinking about asking my neurologist to prescribe it again. I sleep about 3 or 4 hours a night. With the narcolepsy I've always been a night owl.

Back