Are the Muslims really Terrorists?

Are the Muslims really Terrorists?

• Total voters
Thanks, Reba for showing what I've been sensing as a dearth of Muslim leadership denouncing, as a rule of religious law, as basic decency, etc, ect this kind of behavior.

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/ne...service_id=1950
Hezbollah and Aljazeera again. Not very creditable. Nonetheless, I am glad that some of the Muslim population condemn the killings:
"This action was bad because it makes Arabs look like barbarians but that's what the Americans think anyway. My fear is that now Americans will feel Iraqis deserve the torture," Mamdouh, an Egyptian pharmacy student who did not want to give his full name, was quoted by al-Jazeera.net...

Some Arabs said Abu Musab Zarqawi, a Jordanian Washington accuses of being a leading al-Qaeda figure who is alleged to have led the decapitation, had failed the very people he said he was avenging by strengthening Washington's hand in Iraq...

"Zarqawi is an enemy of the Arab and Muslim nation because he distorted their image and portrayed Islam in an incorrect manner," Hasan Ahmad Jar Allah, 41, a Saudi government employee, who had seen the tape on the Internet, told al-Jazeera.

Al-Jazeera also quoted an unnamed Gulf analyst as saying the killing would prove counter-productive for Iraqis.

Al-Azhar scholars and Iraqi scholars – both Sunnis and Shiites – have also condemned the beheading.
That is better but I wish the countries' leaders would speak up.

Your last link.
http://www.news24.com/News24/World/Iraq/0,,2-10-1460_1526601,00.html

"The Abu Ghraib photos blew away America's attempts to claim the moral high ground in Iraq. The latest ones pull the rug from underneath the Iraqis and Palestinians", playing straight into the hands of US President George W Bush and Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, Arab News said.

Lebanon denounced the "ignoble" beheading - but voiced suspicion at the timing of an "ugly crime" which drove the torture of Iraqi prisoners by US-led forces from the headlines.

Some Arabs suspicious of US motives have suggested the Berg video was a montage by US intelligence to draw attention away from the prison scandal.

On Wednesday, Lebanon's Shiite Muslim militant group Hezbollah also harshly criticised the beheading and questioned the timing of such a "horrible" act.

"It has a suspect timing which serves the American administration and the occupation forces in Iraq and offers them justification and pretexts for their inhuman practices against Iraqi detainees" it said.

Does that "condemnation" sound sincere to you?

Tousi said:
Thanks, Reba for showing what I've been sensing as a dearth of Muslim leadership denouncing, as a rule of religious law, as basic decency, etc, ect this kind of behavior.

No need to thank me; Kuifje provided all the links. :)

sweeping generalizations are always lame

Haven't read the entire thread, so if i am being redundant, avert your eyes and pretend this post does not exist.

The word "terrorist" is used by American journalists to describe underground organization who opposes their government. However, the newspapers of the middle east calls them "freedom fighters." That said, the question itself carries a loaded term.

To the question: Muslims are not by definition terrorists. If it was the case that "muslims are terrorists" then what does that mean for those radical right-wing militant rednecks like Tim McVeigh? It would be impossible to generalize and link all muslims to the terrorists.

There are terrorists who are not muslims.

So the answer is false - not all muslims are terrorists, because there are terrorists who are not muslims, and there are muslims who are not terrorists.

Therefore I can't vote this but My bro in law said:

Not all muslims are really terroists but most of Terroists are muslims..

Wendy

Eh, and Muslims would say that most terrorists are Americans.
Depends on the perspective.

WBHarley said:
Therefore I can't vote this but My bro in law said:
Not all muslims are really terroists but most of Terroists are muslims..
Wendy

Even so, those terrorists your brother refers to do not represent muslims. They are but a radical sect of a large religion.

Anyone who makes the claim that all middle-eastern terrorists are muslims must deal with the counter-claim that all the Irish Republican Army terrorists are catholics.

So what? The bad actions of IRA does not reflect on the rest of catholics. The fact that they are members of a religious group means next to nothing, because anyone can come up with the evidence of a lunatic fringe of a religious sect. Doesn't mean those looney tunes represent their religion for everyone.
:nono:

Beowulf said:
Eh, and Muslims would say that most terrorists are Americans.
Depends on the perspective.

Yes!

And in the year 1955, "all Soviets were spies"
In the year 1966, "all Americans in Canada were draft-dodgers".

Come on. Let's use a little perspective here.

Sadly, it has happened again. :(

Pakistani Captives Beheaded
Severed Head of Bulgarian Shown on Hosting Anime Terror Site Apparently Hosted by Texas Internet Company
July 29, 2004
In a videotape sent to Al Jazeera television, a group calling itself the Islamic Army announced that it had executed two Pakistani captives....
http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/r/reynalds/04/reynalds072904-graphic.htm

Sighhhhhh.
Yeah, sad.

Attachments

• calmdown.gif
    calmdown.gif
    26.5 KB · Views: 34
Sad story from AP, 7/30/04, Anila, Philippines:

Pointing to a rusty dog chain, a prosecutor asked American missionary Gracia Burnham if it was used to shackle her husband before he was killed in a bloody rescue attempt after a year of captivity in the jungle. "I recognize that chain," Burnham testified softly Thursday at the trial of eight al-Qaida-linked guerrillas.

Burhham, 45, also recounted how her captors celebrated after the Sept. 11 terror attacks. "There was jubilation. They were patting each other's back," she was quoted by a prosectuor as saying...

...The trial is part of the Philippines' quest to impose justice on suspected Muslim militants from the Abu Sayyaf group accused of mass kidnappings, deadly bombings and beheadings.
http://www.charleston.net/stories/073004/wor_30philip.shtml

Muslim terrorists are a big problem in the Philippines, not just the Middle East.

Last edited:
I will admit that it ticks me off when religion is being used as a tool to conduct mass misinformation, fear, and terrorism. Even more when others use human-caused tragedies as a tool to discredit religions belonging to the Muslim, Jewish, or Christians, etc. You're darn right, I'm angry. I won't pretend to act indifferent anymore. This is not to start a fight or whatever-- just on the contrary! :)

I feel the real focus should be on foolish humans who hide behind religions AND politicial agendas to conduct terrorism and strike divisions between the hearts of humankind living in this human-populated planet. No more blathering excuses, and instead, hold those accountable for their actions. It starts with ourselves.

Now let's have ourselves a nice Alldeaf orgy, eh? :D :rofl:

Bush actually said:
"we cannot let TERRIERS and rogue nations hold this nation HOSTILE or hold our allies HOSTILE."

Attachments

• poundin-em-down-with-dub.jpg
    poundin-em-down-with-dub.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Terrorists attack Christian civilians:

Blasts Rock Iraqi Churches
Sunday, August 01, 2004
BAGHDAD, Iraq — Blasts rocked Baghdad and Mosul on Sunday in a coordinated terror attack on Iraq's Christian community, killing at least two people and injuring about 60 others.

It was the first time guerrillas targeted Christian houses of worship during the 15-month insurgency.

In Baghdad, mere minutes separated two of the attacks, which took place during Sunday evening services. Shortly thereafter, two more explosions hit churches in other areas of the capital. At around the same time, two blasts struck outside a church in Mosul, Iraqi officials said.

The U.S. military confirmed two other explosions in Baghdad on Sunday evening, but their targets were not immediately clear. In all, five churches were attacked....

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,127689,00.html

i don't think muslims are terrorist...

Not all... but some.

I have a close friend who is muslim...

they ain't terrorists..

Muslim arent terrorist period....I will tell you why? I have associated with some muslim people ( I am not muslim but do have several occassionally of conversation with them). I knew there are so FRIENDLY muslims and they show their affect and love for their religion belief...they dont blah abt killing or blow up anyone..Muslim are similar to Christianity...but Muslim believed this Allah is their God...and Muhammed is their classy prophet...also they dont believe in Jesus Christ as son of God but just believed in Jesus as prophet this all.....Some Muslim are closed minded...they obesses on wrecking false religion, even they call Christianity fraud religion...in Middle East there are many muslim who fueled themselve up to make muslim into one nation...so therefore they want to kill and hurt...Muslim who want to kill are FULL of nonsense why...God isnt God of murderous...God isnt God of Hater....God isnt God of Favorism...God is LOVE period....God have love in himself...so it is pointless for Muslim to kill and destroy others as being terrorist....Christianity dont teach to kill or wreck...they simply spread the gospel about love of God based on message of Jesus Christ...I knew some honest and good hearted Muslim are embrassed by Muslim who are terrorist this seek out to kill to do for their Allah the God...it is NONSENSE....

BigSpike said:
I knew some honest and good hearted Muslim are embrassed by Muslim who are terrorist this seek out to kill to do for their Allah the God...it is NONSENSE....
I agree that there are many good Muslim people. I just wish their leaders would speak out more strongly against terrorism. Too many Muslims accept terrorist ways. :(

Back