Are the Muslims really Terrorists?

Are the Muslims really Terrorists?

• Total voters
I only answer yes on Banjo´s thread what he pointed out that Muslims are not terrorist on his thread.

Voting 'NO'....

For every race on this planet...there is bound to be a 'few' rotten apples that we call 'terrorists'....per group/function/race....

Uhhhhhhhhhh

Isn't this like havin a a poll on 'all blondes are dumb' or 'all black guys play basketball' or 'all deaf are _______ (fill in yer fave from over the years) ??

:confused: :)

Helloooooooo ;)

muslim isn't limited to a group of people, its like calling an Brazilian christian a terrorist if some christian from canada or whatever bombs some little country

I don't think that Muslim's are terrorists, regardless of what happened or happens.

I think it's unfortunate however that what we see in the media is the same biased shit over and over again, and not just in Muslim nations, but with all the bombings and suicide killings and fighting over in the Middle East and who know's what'll be blown up and killed next. Everytime i turn on the news there's been some new bomb or something going off over there, and i think that it creates a very biased opinion for those who don't know and understand what these places are like without this.

How can we not think that these nations are terrorists when all we see is random acts of terror going on over there? I think it's unfortunate the way our world is turning out nowadays. It's like there's no shock value anymore. It's like we expect to see this. It's sad. No one group is a terrorist....a lot of is media hype, and we as a society under the media's influence tend to scrutenize what we don't understand, and what we're afraid of.

I picked no because it is pointless to accuse a group of people when only a select few (ok many) decided to go do bad things. Remember Pearl Harbor? How we rushed the Japanese out of their homes and into "camps" because of the attack. They felt violated and knew they were innocent. American's react badly, I think. I get mad when my mom says something ishy about a Muslim who passes us, or something. She makes a dirty face and says something related to Bin Ladin. And I'm like, Mom, not everyone follows him, so not everyone is bad! But she'll go on and on, and thats when I'm like, stop - i dont want to hear anymore. So no, they're not ALL terrorists, just the ones that decide to be stupid and commit crimes against America. =/

pinkster said:
I picked no because it is pointless to accuse a group of people when only a select few (ok many) decided to go do bad things. Remember Pearl Harbor? How we rushed the Japanese out of their homes and into "camps" because of the attack. They felt violated and knew they were innocent. American's react badly, I think. I get mad when my mom says something ishy about a Muslim who passes us, or something. She makes a dirty face and says something related to Bin Ladin. And I'm like, Mom, not everyone follows him, so not everyone is bad! But she'll go on and on, and thats when I'm like, stop - i dont want to hear anymore. So no, they're not ALL terrorists, just the ones that decide to be stupid and commit crimes against America. =/

Yeah -- I'm part Japanese. My father was born in one of those Japanese-American camps in 1943 in Amache, Colorado.

It's sad on how badly and quickly America reacted to events such as when Pearl Harbour was bombed, etc.

WaterRats13 said:
Yeah -- I'm part Japanese. My father was born in one of those Japanese-American camps in 1943 in Amache, Colorado.

It's sad on how badly and quickly America reacted to events such as when Pearl Harbour was bombed, etc.

And let's NOT forget how badly we reacted to 911.

If anyone thinks all muslims are terrorists there's something seriously wrong with them. Its a religion for god's sake, you can't classify everyone in a religion as being something except trusting in their religion. A cult, yes, but not a religion. Lets say it was a group of Roman Catholic militants who hijacked the planes on 9-11. Would everyone be calling the Roman Catholics terrorists? Hell no.

Not all Muslims are terrorists.

All terrorists on 9/11 were Muslims.

Two different meanings.

Reba, and others.....this might be so but I find it strange that the Muslims have not come out publicly(that I know of)and decried the events of 9/11 and terrorists in general.......

Tousi said:
Reba, and others.....this might be so but I find it strange that the Muslims have not come out publicly(that I know of)and decried the events of 9/11 and terrorists in general.......
Yes, that bothers me also. :(

Well, I remember following 9/11 attacks, Arafat and several Arab leaders condemned the attacks. I remember seeing CNN reports interviewing Muslims being very angry about these terroristic attacks.

I also remember after 9/11, news reports that showed Muslims dancing in the streets and celebrating the attacks.

How many high-ranking representatives for Muslim groups or countries have recently condemned the kidnappings and beheadings of civilians? What about Muslim news media? Do their headlines regularly condemn terrorism? Are the Muslim clerics preaching against terrorism? Have you heard any Muslim clerics publicly announce, "If any Muslim commits terrorism thru suicide attacks or beheadings, he will NOT go to Paradise!"

Obviously you have not been paying attention to the news. There were some Arabs condeming the beheadings:

The video was released on the internet too late for Middle East newspaper columnists, but the grisly execution appalled many Arabs.

They said it surpassed the American military’s abuse of Iraqi prisoners in Abu Ghraib prison, which had been the top story for the past 10 days in the Middle East.
http://www.breakingnews.ie/2004/05/12/story147215.html

The Lebanese political group Hizb Allah has condemned the beheading of an American hostage in Iraq as an ugly crime that flouted the tenets of Islam.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/CCC52CD4-4303-44E8-AA41-D12F15478E76.htm

“We condemn what some people are doing regarding the beheading of prisoners and it is illegal according to Islamic law,” al-Sadr said at the Kufa mosque south of Baghdad, where he led Friday prayers for the first time in two months."
http://breaking.tcm.ie/2004/07/23/story158429.html

After terrorists cut off the head of an American contractor in Iraq, some Muslims around the world began trying to distance themselves and their faith from the act of terrorism, including an effort in Northern California called "Not in the Name of Islam."
http://www.thekcrachannel.com/news/3316157/detail.html

"Hezbollah condemns this horrible act that has done very great harm to Islam and Muslims by this group that claims affiliation to the religion of mercy, compassion and humane principles,"
http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=1950

From Riyadh to Beirut, Arab governments, newspapers and political groups joined in worldwide condemnation of the video of the young American being decapitated by a group of masked men posted on Tuesday on an Islamist website linked to the al-Qaeda terror group.
http://www.news24.com/News24/World/Iraq/0,,2-10-1460_1526601,00.html

There are more...

kuifje75 said:
There were some Arabs condeming the beheadings:
http://www.breakingnews.ie/2004/05/12/story147215.html
OK, I am catching up with the news. So far, I have read your first link. The headline to this one is "Arab media condemns beheading" but the content of the story indicates otherwise.
Arab media reacted cautiously to the beheading of an American civilian on a video issued by an associate of Osama bin Laden, with some newspapers conspicuously playing it down or even ignoring it.
The following editor only seemed to regret the fact that the beheading overshadowed the terrorists' agenda; he didn't condemn the act itself.
Mustafa Bakri, editor of Al-Osboa weekly newspaper in Egypt, said Berg’s execution would only harm efforts to expose American offences against Iraqis.“Such revenge is rejected,” Bakri said of the execution. “We were winning international sympathy because of what happened at Abu Ghraib, but they come and waste it all,” said Abdullah Sahar, a Kuwait University political scientist, said of the Islamic militants responsible.

This is not condemnation:
Egypt’s leading daily, Al-Ahram, ignored the beheading. Two other major pro-government newspapers ran news agency reports on their inside pages and without photographs.
Newspapers in Syria, where the government controls the press tightly, did not report the execution at all.

No Muslim government or religious leaders condemning beheadings in this link.

I will read the next one in a few minutes.

OK, I've read your second link.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exe...12F15478E76.htm
For one thing, any "spokesman" from Hizb Allah, a terrorist organization, is hardly a respectable leader of Muslims. Aljazeera network is also known as a terrorist propaganda medium.

Anyway, I will let his own words prove that they do not condemn the act of beheading civilians:
"The timing of this act that overshadowed the scandal over the abuse of Iraqi prisoners in occupation forces prisons is suspect timing that aims to serve the American administration and occupation forces in Iraq and present excuses and pretexts for their inhumane practices against Iraqi detainees."

The influential Lebanese Islamist group, which the United States deems "terrorist", said the executors' behaviour was closer to "the Pentagon school - the school of killing and occupation and crimes and torture and immoral practices that were exposed by the great scandal in occupation prisons".
See, he is not condemning the beheadings; he is again bashing the Americans.

Last edited:
Back