Aphrodite: ASK her!

Originally posted by kuifje75
Do you remember any of foreign SLs you learned?
Do you find the Spainards to be very warm and friendly ppl?
Are you going to visit any hearing friends too?

Just British Sign Language - mostly in ABCs and some Sweden signs as I travelled with 4 deaf Swedes in Greek Islands for a couple of weeks. You should take a look at my Greek pictures!

Spainards are so amazingly WARM & FRIENDLY ppl as I met them at Deaf Way II and we hung out sometimes. I was going to ask them for their email addresses, but it didn't happen! I was hoping to bump into them this summer if there's a chance!

I don't have any hearing friends - expect for one Aussie that I met in person a month ago and we met on www.lonelyplanet.com and had been pals ever since - and he said I am more than welcome to stay w him in Perth, Australia!

Originally posted by Aphrodite
Oh, ah - I am also your classmate :D - saw a pix of you somewhere in this site and yes, I do remember you. We don't talk that much - but we happened to be in the same CRAZY, WACKED class that MSSD ever had!

Oh yeah, I know you. I was looked in your profile and know your aol screename. :o

I am just only playin' w/ words... :( - don't be sad, Kevbo.

Found more possible chicks yet?
All of them are on waiting list because I am not sure what I want. :o

Herm?

Uh-huh? I don't get ya. What name are you referring to? My AD name?
Yes, your AllDeaf member name. Did you forget to add "herm" to the beginning of your name?

Dear Aphrodite,

I have a situation. My ex is deadbeat, and hasn't straightened out his priorities about paying back this loan (missed payment for 5 months and still have about 1,000 left to pay off and haven't communicated with me in months). I wouldn't have cared, IF this loan wasn't under my name.

I have tracked down his parents' number, and left a message on their answering machine telling them I had a concern to share with them just yesterday. I love them, they were so fantastic to me even after I dumped the ex. I also CC'd my emails for my ex to his current GF (whom I like very much, and they are supposedly being married already in April). I have not heard any reply for weeks.

I also talked with my Dad about it. He told me it was all my fault, and that I screwed up.

So, the question I'm asking you: Is this crap all my fault? Yes I was a moron for trusting my ex. I just thought we'd be together long at the time. :(

Any suggestion and ideas also? The point would be to make my ex pay back as promised. How can I ensure that he does this? He is about 37 or 38 years old. I am at my wits' end, and this is making me sick physically!

What are you doing in So. Cal? I lived in LA for a year!

Originally posted by VamPyroX
Yes, your AllDeaf member name. Did you forget to add "herm" to the beginning of your name?

Hermaphrodite?

It looks so rotten!

You have no right to do so with my name.

Aphrodite - that is, one of these beautiful greek goddesses...

Last edited:
Originally posted by e
What are you doing in So. Cal? I lived in LA for a year!

Doing an internship to meet the 600 hours requirement towards my master's degree. So, I work for around 16 weeks. Will be returnin to Jersey in less than 3 weeks from now!

Originally posted by Liza
Dear Aphrodite,

I have a situation. My ex is deadbeat, and hasn't straightened out his priorities about paying back this loan (missed payment for 5 months and still have about 1,000 left to pay off and haven't communicated with me in months). I wouldn't have cared, IF this loan wasn't under my name.

I have tracked down his parents' number, and left a message on their answering machine telling them I had a concern to share with them just yesterday. I love them, they were so fantastic to me even after I dumped the ex. I also CC'd my emails for my ex to his current GF (whom I like very much, and they are supposedly being married already in April). I have not heard any reply for weeks.

I also talked with my Dad about it. He told me it was all my fault, and that I screwed up.

So, the question I'm asking you: Is this crap all my fault? Yes I was a moron for trusting my ex. I just thought we'd be together long at the time. :(

Any suggestion and ideas also? The point would be to make my ex pay back as promised. How can I ensure that he does this? He is about 37 or 38 years old. I am at my wits' end, and this is making me sick physically!

Was wondering why you asked me about this situation directly.

First question, did you get the response from the parents yet?

It is not all your fault. Everybody do make their own mistakes and learn from it. You thought you guys will be together, but with the stance of unpredictable life events, it is not your fault.

This person owe you some moolah, so thus it is his responsiblity to pay you back. Maybe he is hoping to see if you forgot if he cut his ties off with you. But, it is quite impossible since it is hard to forgot the amount of $1000. Calling his parents is a good step once you used to have good relations with them in the past. I do recall a friend being stuck in this similar situation - and she decided to call her ex's folks to ask about the $3000 I.O.U - and, didn't work out - then called again and sayin that she will have a lawyer to be involved in this matter - and the folks paid her $3000. She lied about the lawyer. Such a risk - but she made it.

For you - wait to hear from his parents and see what they have to say. If it is not sucessful, let's figure a plan B. I think you had to step into their lives til you get $1000 back since it is under your name.

At least - you should be grateful that you are no longer being with him to see how he is not able to arrange his life priorities especially he is in his late 30s! Older people should be wiser, but guess not! :)

He broke his promise and it is not your fault, baby.

That's all I can account for - if you tell me more - and see how new events of this situation arise - let me know :)

Originally posted by kuifje75
Check your dictionary to see what it means. Vamp :crazy:

*looking around for the dictionary*

I know it can be something sleazy related to this termiology - I gotta check it out. As you called Vamp crazy - I am like this: *ahem, what is heck that anyway?!?*

That's why I said it's rotten at the first place!

Originally posted by kevbo
Because your a jersey chick?

You didn't answer my question accurately: "How come?"

And, yes - I do consider myself as a Jersey chick. :D

*looking around for the dictionary*

I know it can be something sleazy related to this termiology - I gotta check it out. As you called Vamp crazy - I am like this: *ahem, what is heck that anyway?!?*

That's why I said it's rotten at the first place!

From Merriam-Webster dictionary online:

Main Entry: her·maph·ro·dite
Pronunciation: (")h&r-'ma-fr&-"dIt
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English hermofrodite, from Latin hermaphroditus, from Greek hermaphroditos, from Hermaphroditos
Date: 14th century
1 : an animal or plant having both male and female reproductive organs
2 : something that is a combination of diverse elements
- hermaphrodite adjective

*laff* Vamp - are you obessed about this eh? :) at least the second definition is more accurate. At least - the name is converted for the acknowlegement of biological factors - so what is wrong with that?

You didn't answer my question accurately: "How come?"

And, yes - I do consider myself as a Jersey chick. :D
I'll take that as you want to be rejected. :P

Back