AOL IM constantly on?

AlleyCat

Reaction score
A question for you AOL IM users:

I hardly ever use AOL IM. Yet the last time I was on weeks ago, I was also on my blackberry so I clicked on the area where it lists your status ("available", "away", "mobile", etc.) and clicked on mobile so my conversation could be continued on my phone. Ever since then, I can't get myself "off" AOL. I signed out and closed my AOL screen, yet all my friends tell me I'm still "logged on" and in "mobile" status. So friends are continuing to IM me even when I don't want to be bothered. How do I get myself off this and onto "offline" status? I've tried everything !!!

Thanks for your help!

Easy...take a hammer, smash the mobile device and a new status will be: 'disabled' :laugh2:

:whistle: I use a regular cell phone and have used the AIM mobile feature and was able to sign off on it, however, am not sure how one is able to do so on the blackberry mobile device.

Anyhow, good luck and hopefully someone here in AD will be able to help and give you some pointers. As for AIMS, gotta love it, it pretty much stays on 24/7.

~RR

LMAO ^^^ :D

My blackberry phone is NEW and there is no way in h*ll that I'm gonna take a hammer to it anytime soon ;)

I'm signed off both my computer and my blackberry, hence why I don't understand how I can still be "logged on" ... I would love it if anyone can shed light on how to fix it, and forget me going to AOL's homepage trying to search for answers, there aren't any !!!!!!! :)

just slap your blackberry and tell her how nasty it is. Maybe it will log off.

anyway, you could turn AIM log out then signal off on your blackberry and go to your computer and turn AIM log in then sign off. then turn your blackberry on and check your other AIM sn, if you have one to check status if your primary sn is log in or out.

I know what it stands for :)

I mean, what program specifically on your BB are you using to log on? Example: Jivetalk, IM+...etc?

to me more likely they use OZ instant message. I don't like it. I use jivetalk. Had no problem with BB.

JT user here also. I've tried most of the others, IM+, Verichat, Ramble, Yak-on, JT has been the best by far. Always stable keeps the connection for as long as I leave it on.

If you sign back on, does it tell you that you're signed on at more than one location? If so, you can reply with '1' or '2'... (whatever it tells you) to sign off the other locations. Then you can sign off where u are. :)

If you sign back on, does it tell you that you're signed on at more than one location? If so, you can reply with '1' or '2'... (whatever it tells you) to sign off the other locations. Then you can sign off where u are. :)

That has occured with my AIM, when I was at Uni, I left my AIM when I disappeared for my lunch break and went back on, on another computer in the library, but since I have noticed, you can leave both on, as long you use either window to continue talking. :)

Back