Anyone use Netflix?

bonkiefry

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting Netflix.

It will be worth your money if you watch the movies regularly. I am a Netflix subscriber and I yet have any problem with them. They offer nothing but great service and good deals on movies.

I watch average 6 movies per month so it is bit money-wasting for me to subscribe Netflix service... nevertheless it does worth my money every time.

I should sign up for Netflix.

I rarely watch videos - perhaps just once or twice a month but what really happens is that I am usually VERY late in returning the movies so thus my fines are HIGH every month!

Last week I went to rent 2 films and was told that I had to pay 24.34 for the previous late fees. Go figures!!!

Meg said:
I should sign up for Netflix.

I rarely watch videos - perhaps just once or twice a month but what really happens is that I am usually VERY late in returning the movies so thus my fines are HIGH every month!

Last week I went to rent 2 films and was told that I had to pay 24.34 for the previous late fees. Go figures!!!
lol, they give you a month frame and you are late on that part. Sorry but I just found it funny.

I hope you didn't offend by this post :(

Edit: Wow, I misread your comment MAJOR TIME. Ignore this post.

Last edited:
Ive heard of Netflix -- hadnt bothered with subscribing to the service cuz i rarely rent movies -- usually once every couple months and rent 2 MAYBE 3 movies at a time

i am a member of netflix, I like it they send the movie every week whatevr i am done watch the movie i out in the mail and it only 17.99 every monthly no late fee

I have thought about joining Netflix. I am like Meg... I rent them but never have time to take them back. Now I know from RosesNY how much it cost. Thanks for this thread!

I Love Netflix

I was looking over old posts here on AD and noticed one on Netflix. I have Netflix and like it very much. My contract is for "Three at a time" and that is about right for us. I tried two at a time and that was not enough. Netflix has a beautiful website, the best I have ever seen and it is fun going over all the movies and reading the reviews. The $17.95 charge above is for 3 movies at a time.

Since there is no return date, we do not feel rushed and I do not have to shop in a dirty video rental store!

;)

Last edited:
I used to do that, but I cancelled Netflix, because by the time I watched all the goodddddd movies that was out last year in theatre... I had to rent some dumbbbbbb movies, so that I can wait for the gooddddd movies I really want to see this year to rent.

It was sort of a rip off to me. :mad:

How many good movies we had last year, King Kong, Crash, and that is all I guess.... and I can just go to Blockbuster and get those... :whistle:

And plus I don't have time to look at movies everynight, because of tv show Survivor, American Idol, and Deal or no Deal.... and plus my soap opera.

So I just wait til Summer to watch movies. I just get it at Blockbuster or trick Netflix companies to try for 30 days free and rent King Kong, Crash, and something else, haha. :)

We used BlockBuster online and we get movies in the mail. We had no problem. I need to catch up on movies and return them in the mail. Also we get 2 free movie/game rental at the store. (Coupon each month)

I use Blockbuster Online and like it better than NetFlix. NetFlix screwed me over a couple times in the past. I signed up for 30 days trial. I decided to cancel. I cancelled my account and moved on. A month later, I received my credit card statement saying that NetFlix charged me $20. I called and told them that I cancelled my account. They said they had no record of it. They told me to do it again, so I did. They then said that it was confirmed that I just cancelled my account and that they would credit $20 to my credit card. A month later, I got my credit card bill and noticed that they did it again. So, I called them. They told me that I never cancelled. I told them that they told me themselves that my account was cancelled. After a few minutes of checking, they found out that they made a mistake and gave me my $20 back. It never happened again.

Now, I'm using Blockbuster Online. It's faster. They have warehouses everywhere. In fact, they have a warehouse right here in Rochester. So, I get my DVDs within a day or two instead of 3 to 5 days like most mail. Secondly, it's cheaper... $15 for 3 rentals. Third, I also get 2 free in-store coupons every month.

What if it's a Friday night and my friends suddenly decide to rent a movie? Do we have to wait for me to get it in the mail? No. Do we have to go to a local movie store and pay for a rental? No. We've already got 2 coupons that I receive for free. We simply head out to Blockbuster Video and rent whatever we want... for FREE! :)

I had been using Netflix past two years. Its is best to rent any movies and tv series. Netflix will telling you how waiting to rent what you want to see what you put them on your list. Netflix emailed me several to want to know what date I recieved. I recieved around 10-15 movies a month for just $19.07 = $1.27 ~ $1.91 a movie (not even paid gas and parking/speed tickets). That would suit for movie buff people, not for 1-3 movie rent a month people. I was happy to have netflix cuz I am true movie freak!

I knows about Blockbuster Online that gave away two free movie PER month, not save for add to next month....so, you might not find what you want to see there? Yes, I used Blockbuster Online before and hardly to use two free rent cuz most movie rentals were out on weekends. Blame on my movie freak for watching too many Hollywood movies! LOL

Then up to you to make decide - Netflix or Blockbuster Online...depend where you live. Like I lives to next town where Netflix shipped out that took a day to be in my mailbox.

Just try Netfilx or Blockbuster Online as do their free month offer. :popcorn:

Last edited:
So I guess Netflix and Blockbuster will make everybody a hermit.

Right?

So... we gonna put many Theatre owners out of work, closing down
their Theatres... because people will want to rent movies by mails and
not go to Blockbuster stores to get movies, because it would save them gas.

Why do people buy inconvience things?

What else we lazy people will buy or rent???

MaxUFC said:
I had been using Netflix past two years. Its is best to rent any movies and tv series. Netflix will telling you how waiting to rent what you want to see what you put them on your list. Netflix emailed me several to want to know what date I recieved. I recieved around 10-15 movies a month for just $19.07 = $1.27 ~ $1.91 a movie (not even paid gas and parking/speed tickets). That would suit for movie buff people, not for 1-3 movie rent a month people. I was happy to have netflix cuz I am true movie freak!

I knows about Blockbuster Online that gave away two free movie PER month, not save for add to next month....so, you might not find what you want to see there? Yes, I used Blockbuster Online before and hardly to use two free rent cuz most movie rentals were out on weekends. Blame on my movie freak for watching too many Hollywood movies! LOL

Then up to you to make decide - Netflix or Blockbuster Online...depend where you live. Like I lives to next town where Netflix shipped out that took a day to be in my mailbox.

Just try Netfilx or Blockbuster Online as do their free month offer. :popcorn:
I've never had problems with getting movies I wanted from Blockbuster Video. :)

I was using Netflix last summer, they offered many great deals, unfortunelay for me cuz I have no time to watch plus I am on tight budget, but I have Comcast Digital Cable, probably 40 channels of movies, so I dont need Netflix anymore, ha

farewell65 said:
I was using Netflix last summer, they offered many great deals, unfortunelay for me cuz I have no time to watch plus I am on tight budget, but I have Comcast Digital Cable, probably 40 channels of movies, so I dont need Netflix anymore, ha
Can you get ANY show or movie you want with cable?

I have Netflix, and I love it. The mail takes a little longer to get here because I'm not in a major city, but still I get about 3 videos every week. 12 videos a month for just under $20 is a damn good deal. The Blockbuster here charges almost $4 ($3.89, I think) per video, so I'd be spending around $50 a month on videos at a store, plus gas money to drive across town.

Back