Anyone own a gun?

Wow—classic thread. Wish I had some new guns to show off, but the recession is taking its toll. :( When I can afford it though, my next pride & joy will be some sort of bolt action .308. I'm leaning towards the Howa Model 1500, as I'd like to keep the price (without the scope) under $1000.

lol it's cute..... especially with pink bag. I haven't decided on which CCW weapon to get.... I'm kind of leaning toward to revolver because it's nice and simple... and small. I don't need to carry 5/6+ rounds. My current gun is a "cannon" to carry around so it's impractical for CCW purpose but it makes a great competition pistol.

I'm enjoying more of IDPA challenge

My boyfriend owns three guns.... and I don't like it one bit.

My Dad and Grandfather owns lots of guns, as they often go hunting.... and I told them that I don't like guns. They told me to grow up and that I need to learn how to shoot. I refused to learn how to shoot.... my Dad even got me my own hunting gun.... and I wouldn't even touch it.

Yes, I own a gun, a hunting gun but it's at my Dad's and I still won't have it in MY own house.

Used to duck and partridge hunt with my Dad as a kid, used a 45 rifle I think. Was actually very good at target shooting, but when it came to hunting, dad would usually grab the gun from my hands and blast it off,ha! I don't own a gun now, nor do I plan too unless I move out of the city or move to a big bad city.

nice gun Reba.

Lev, look into used gun.

I really like the Howa though—it's not like I'm making a concession because of the price. It has an excellent reputation.

Speaking of defense nuts, you heard from the man from Emporium lately? Just wondering how he's doing.

I really like the Howa though—it's not like I'm making a concession because of the price. It has an excellent reputation.
than save up until you get it. if that is what you really want, the extra time needed is worth it.
Speaking of defense nuts, you heard from the man from Emporium lately? Just wondering how he's doing.
nope. hope his mission for personal growth is still on the right path

My boyfriend owns three guns.... and I don't like it one bit.

My Dad and Grandfather owns lots of guns, as they often go hunting.... and I told them that I don't like guns. They told me to grow up and that I need to learn how to shoot. I refused to learn how to shoot.... my Dad even got me my own hunting gun.... and I wouldn't even touch it.

Yes, I own a gun, a hunting gun but it's at my Dad's and I still won't have it in MY own house.

it's wrong of them to force their belief onto you. I never do that to my friends and family.

That Walther P99 does look like a nice gun. Which thread are you referring to with the 15 y/o?

Many people do not like guns, and they only use them for the protection of their family. Thats where I fall into things. I was never a hunter and have no desire to hunt. I'm not a gun nut. I just believe that I am ultimately responsible for my own safety.

I've narrowed it down to a Glock, but I'm not sure which model I want to get. I've fired Glocks before and they are pretty dependable.

I really like the Glock 31, but it appears the ammo is a little hard to find.
glock31.jpg

I also like the Glock 21
glock21.jpg

For off-duty carry:
glock36.jpg

Its smaller and falls into their 'slimline' line of guns.

Still undecided on which one I want to do. There is a range about 1/2 hour from where I live where they will allow you to test fire various guns to see which ones you like.

I'm not much on the high powered rifles. I'd like to take out the intruder and not the neighbor down the street ;)

BUMPING the thread. Taylor - have you decided yet? I would like to steer you toward to Springfield pistol. I find it much better than glock. It has additional safety feature and couple of clever design.

TOO COOL!!!!

So a little about myself (I mean this is my first post!).

I'm a first semester ASL student in FL. I came up with the idea of looking for an ASL forum to find out places I could volunteer over the next few months. Of course I find alldeaf.com and start browsing through threads and and thinking "Hey this is cool...I actually have some pretty common interests with people here". Then I happen on to a gun thread!!!! Oh the joy! I love shooting and hunting.

Anyways I figured I'd share some pics with yall! I have more but need to put them on photobucket.

H&K P7 in 9mm
P1050008.jpg

Top is a H&K P2000SK and bottom is a H&K P2000. Both are .40
P1050014.jpg

Springfield Armory 1911 in .45
P10500312.jpg

Glock 23 in .40
P1050088.jpg

Sabre Defence AR-15 in .223
cfghh.jpg

Remington 597 in .22LR
P1030837.jpg

Me and my Franchi 612vs out skeet shooting
johnandI-1.jpg

Marlin 22, I am a crack shot. Sport ahem, yeah...sport....

I've never owned a gun before. I do get to go shooting cly pigeons on Saturday; I look forward to this experience

I didn't know that you are allowed to own many guns. I enjoyed skeet and trap games. But, I refused to go on hunting - absolute never.

I didn't know that you are allowed to own many guns. I enjoyed skeet and trap games. But, I refused to go on hunting - absolute never.

*fainting*.......

Anyway, yes, I own the 7 rifles, 2 pistols, and 2 shotguns. Long live the 2nd Amendment!

Back