Anyone Closed Caption sell?

Gonji

Reaction score
Anyone have TeleCaption 3000 or 4000, Closed Caption box, or http://www.cpcweb.com/Captioning/mycap2.html?

I know all TV have CC, I brought HDTV (Olevia) have CC already but not work half view (one PC and one TV do not offer CC) I took my old one TeleCaption 4000 and it worked. I need to get two extra CC box, I would like to buy them from any of you?

Thank you and Merry Christmas

Oh boy! I retired my CC decoder long long long time ago!
Sorry, I know it won't help ya much.

Gonji said:
Anyone have TeleCaption 3000 or 4000, Closed Caption box, or http://www.cpcweb.com/Captioning/mycap2.html?

I know all TV have CC, I brought HDTV (Olevia) have CC already but not work half view (one PC and one TV do not offer CC) I took my old one TeleCaption 4000 and it worked. I need to get two extra CC box, I would like to buy them from any of you?

Yes, I found one in Ebay.

By the way, Thank you for give me letter today, saw your pic like your icon :)

Gonji said:

If CC with Olevia HDTV does not work, you need to return it....

Gonji said:

what do you mean with "half view" ? maybe i can help ya on PC/TV thing instead of CC decoder.

I used to have 62 inch RCA HDTV that come with split screens into 2 tvs or 1 for game or PC. One of those screen don't work with closed captions. But I never thought about using the old closed captions. Ahhh! Too late I sold it before I had to moved to a new place. But will buy another HDTV soon. This is great alldeaf.com getting all the news and help each other.. Smile..

Sorry about "half view". Yes, it called "Split" screen instead of full view.

:) Thank you.

Gonji said:
Sorry about "half view". Yes, it called "Split" screen instead of full view.

:) Thank you.

Great, I was wondering about that. Do the splits have both CC?

HDTV Caption Decoder Number of channels shown?

Hi, does the 4000 decoder accommodate over 99 channels? My old decoder that I used for years on old TVs only went up to 99. I now have a plasma EDTV that has no decoder and I'm looking for a decoder that would have controls to accommodate XXX number of channells.

Any hope for me?

Thanks, Bill

Do you know anyone it's 25 years anniversary since Closed Caption born? :P

I got rid of my closed caption box a long time ago, because more TV has closed caption now builded in. No reason to keep the closed caption box. :whistle:

Hooray for CC

gnulinuxman said:
:applause: Hooray for closed captioning!

It is awesome that CC has been around so long, I am glad it was around be4 I was born and all.

:deaf: :applause: :applause:

:birthday: Happy 25th birthday Closed Capitioning :party:

Deaflinuxgeek

Last edited:
I have a few of the old closed captioning boxes sitting in the shelves of our office. More interesting stuff donated to us.

Richard

These decoders are outrun by the new technologies today like the Set Top Box and HD DVD Recorder and there is plenty different ways to record TV shows with CC as it is today ;) Decoders are not needed... I have a old one but won't sell it, sorry.

my vcr died and i had to get a new one - i can't find the directions on how to hook up my telecaption 4000 to the new vcr - my rca tv was made in 1991 and does not have closed-captioning - i just bought an rca dvd player and was wondering how to hook it up also - i have comcast basic cable with no cable box - can anyone tell me what to do - thanks

Back