anybody who cares or wanna to know about me?

:starts arguing in alien language with Steel and LadyDuke:

Originally posted by Steel
Well it wasn't my fault. My mother always wanted me to talk and that's why i used cued speech in the first place...to talk better, read better, write better, and have a better chance of education and goals...it's a good tool to use for academic settings, really. ASL or ESL are OKAY to use for any communication...it's even cool to use when you aren't allowed to talk out load lol but relax! i know most deaf people don't really talk much and uses sign language for everything and believe me, i think i should've learned sign language when i was younger but cued speech took over my life and treated me like a hearing person even when i'm not really hearing, you know? Every deaf person is different...some can hear alittle, some can't hear at ALL. some can speak better. some can't speak at ALL. some can talk on the phone. some can't at ALL. I'm one of the many different kinds of deaf people, you know.

I can't talk on the phone because of weird feed back or the voice is WAY too soft you can hardly hear it coming out into your ears. I don't always understand ppl when they mumble or talk too fast. I always need an intercrepter in every class at school like every other one needs a intercrepter for ASL, too. Don't consider this to be war, because everyone has different opinons. there are alot of good reasons that Cued Speech should be taught while there are still alot of good reasons that ASL should be taught too...

I have TONS of deaf friends who sign, and i don't always understand them because they were signing too FAST and i always tell 'em to slow down and tell me what the heck they are trying to say! lol

but sometimes i just write on paper or talk to them online and we still share jokes and stories and stuff...so relax. i'm still working on it.

Steel.. i agree with you competely... at least we have something to communicate with ... it doesnt matter.. .we always can find a way to understand each others eventhough if we sign in different way... and theres no need to make a sign lanuage war!!!! all what i wanna is a peace rooom heh... to be honest.. who cares about asl, esl, cued!!! thats our Lanuage!!! smile... so keep our head held in high air!! not down! smile...

Originally posted by LadyDuke
Okay, do you know who Netrox is? He's a cuer from Texas whom I used to battle over Cued Speech and Cochlear Implants in another deaf forum. I strongly disagree with him on cochlear implant issues, but am learning more about Cued Speech (Cued English as Netrox called it) from him.

Netrox kept on saying Cued Speech/English does not promote nor discourage the use of speech. This means Cued Speech is not to teach d-Deaf people how to talk, but teach d-Deaf people how to read and write the English language.

Netrox has posted an article several times in another deaf forum, where I used to regularly partonize, about a father of a cuer. He said his daughter can read and write English better than most of her peers, but she couldn't order meal at McDonald's. Something like that.

I can understand that it is not your fault. But you know, you can always tell your parents that you want to be in a classroom that uses ASL.

Are you still in high school? Have you thought of attending NCSD? I meant, have you thought of asking your parents to send you there?
Yes i'm still in high school but should graudate on the 12th :P and I had a talk with my mom about me going to a college for the deaf because i NEVER been to a school for the deaf you know? well, i proably want to stick in the "deaf world" for a while instead of being in a "hearing versus deaf" world...i thought it would be alot of fun to hang with other ppl who has the same disablity as you do you know? because they know how you feel being deaf, and they act like your brother or sister, and just talk either in slience or out loud...doens't matter. I know most of them will be using sign language there and i should know most of them though. I thought about going to Galludent University in Washington, DC because it's closer, you know? but still undecided.

Steel, hope u a good luck.. and hope that u can attend deaf univeristy or college so u can get some experince... and yeah we're in slience world.. which that i love the most i dont have to worry about those silly or stupid noise... such as screaming or verbal from hearing world... i'm sure u'll enjoy being in deaf school.. its more fun because we all gettin together almost everyday and doing our events together... u're right we're like a brother and sister cuz there arent alot of deaf people on this world compare to hearing people.... I surely hope that we'll have more and more deaf later on.. keep it up!! and i wish u a great luck by goin to deaf college hope u'll enjoy being with bunches of deafies :D

Steel,

:cool:

Gallaudet University might be a good university to begin with. However, there are NTID and CSUN to choose, though.

You still haven't answered my question about Netrox.

I'll add Whoa mama! but since I'm gay then I cant say it! :lol:

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
I'll add Whoa mama! but since I'm gay then I cant say it! :lol:

hahah how cute.... ur being silly really... very sad to hear... i aint mama yet... i'm still young lady with no kids :D thats why i call myself *WHOA* that's it...

hello everybody?... anyone lost interesting in this thread?... :tears: i'm tryin to keep it alive so it'll keep me busy to read or listen what ur option are... i guess this issue is so bored to ya'll cuz it dont sound so exciting... :(

Originally posted by LadyDuke
Steel,

:cool:

Gallaudet University might be a good university to begin with. However, there are NTID and CSUN to choose, though.

You still haven't answered my question about Netrox.
Yes I have heard of NTID but that's in NEW YORK! (or is it?) that's like, 500 miles away and i don't really like being too far away from my family during the first time of my "being on my own" for awhile...you know? i would still need help from my family to understand what is good to do when you live on your own, you know, the ways of paying taxes and bills, finding a good place to live, and where is the right place for me to live, and who should be my roomate...and so on. You know? i just like to see my family quite often where Virgina is only above North Carolina, that's not too far so i dunno...we'll get back to that later. and what about CSUN? i never heard of that name...where is that?

and how many of you are in or going to Gallaudet University?

yo... Ntid is in New york yes... and CSUN... uhh its in california... its like 3.000 thousand miles away from here... its way too far... and gally?... moi?.. never attented there... its not for me... and i always wanted to go to ntid but never make it :( due to money problem issue... hopefully one day later on that i can make it up there... :fingersx:

well since we are both in NC Gallaudet University seems like a perfect choice for me since it is closet i ever know...how come you want to go to NTID in NY?? so fuckin' far away girl! lol

Steel,

(shaking my head)

Go back to page 3 to find my question to answer.

By the way, I wonder if Whoa's favorite color still is purple? I never forget when I was in high school, Whoa wrote a story about herself grew a purple tail the next morning she woke up. Something like that. It was for a creative writing project for our English class.

Back