anybody who cares or wanna to know about me?

Originally posted by Steel
what about camp cheerio? it's a camp for cued speech instructions and games for the deaf...there isn't really much sign language there because it's the camp for cued speech, literally. That's why i don't know EVERY single sign of the sign language community, but so far i'm about 50% knowing sign language lol i'm still working on it...i learned some sign language since i was in 6th grade.

Well, i seen alot of bruntte chicks around so they are all alike so i wouldn't know if i've met you or not lol

and you are 25 years old?? lol you look younger though

i'm only 18 and should be turning 19th this october anyway.

well, it's nice to know you are in the same state as i am so see ya around

Steel, you are wasting your time on cued speech as a sole mode of communication. You should've learned BOTH ASL and Cued Speech earlier in your life. You know only HALF of ASL? That's BAD! You really have a long way to go.

I am not a cuer. Neither is Whoa.

Whoa and I grew up together as classmates and dormitory roommates at the North Carolina School for the Deaf. I'll say that Whoa is a quiet type. She's the kind of person who usually keeps things to herself unless she wants to talk about some certain things.

Whoa was an "above-average" student at NCSD as long as she didn't goof around! Hahaha. She's a 3rd-generation (I think) DODA and is fluent in ASL It's my understanding that ASL is her first language.

Whoa was voted by the NCSD student population as the most wittiest girl in the senior class for the yearbook memories.

Boy, you see...ever since high school, Whoa won't take her eyes off the computer! LOL!

I better stop rattling about what I know of WHoa and let others ask Whoa questions.

BTW, Whoa won't bite a fly unless she wants to b*tch out someone whom she feels offended.

what about camp cheerio? it's a camp for cued speech instructions and games for the deaf...there isn't really much sign language there because it's the camp for cued speech, literally. That's why i don't know EVERY single sign of the sign language community, but so far i'm about 50% knowing sign language lol i'm still working on it...i learned some sign language since i was in 6th grade.

Well, i seen alot of bruntte chicks around so they are all alike so i wouldn't know if i've met you or not lol

and you are 25 years old?? lol you look younger though

i'm only 18 and should be turning 19th this october anyway.

well, it's nice to know you are in the same state as i am so see ya around

camp cherrio??.. i never bein there.. and i aint into cued speech.. i use asl ! cuz i come out from deaf familiy smile...

hahaha ur silly :-D who knows if we did bumped into each others in some strange place :laugh2:

yeah i'm 25... aw thanks.. so many people think i'm less than 18 and i'm so proud with my looks heh....
u too steel its nice to know that u're in nc too make me feel good that i aint alone in here *giggle*

lol lol yeah... i'll be fine... til i get it in my hand wooohooo big party time for me *giggle* and really? oh damn.. poor yew sis.. at least u got plently of REST thats what u really need heh

Originally posted by LadyDuke
Whoa and I grew up together as classmates and dormitory roommates at the North Carolina School for the Deaf. I'll say that Whoa is a quiet type. She's the kind of person who usually keeps things to herself unless she wants to talk about some certain things.

Whoa was an "above-average" student at NCSD as long as she didn't goof around! Hahaha. She's a 3rd-generation (I think) DODA and is fluent in ASL It's my understanding that ASL is her first language.

Whoa was voted by the NCSD student population as the most wittiest girl in the senior class for the yearbook memories.

Boy, you see...ever since high school, Whoa won't take her eyes off the computer! LOL!

I better stop rattling about what I know of WHoa and let others ask Whoa questions.

BTW, Whoa won't bite a fly unless she wants to b*tch out someone whom she feels offended.

so so so true lady duke... thanks for tellin who i am... hmmmm and haha yeah u're right about computer... hmm its my life!....
oh yeah u better stop ratting!!! :laugh2: i'm glad u're here....
i wont bite a fly?.. oh ur so damn right!!!! hahah ur so cute for saying something like that... :bowdown: to lady duke for tellin about me!!!!!!! :rofl:

Originally posted by Irish Devil Dog
LOL sis yeah.. rite now I am at parent's and using this puter heheh... :D

cool.. really using parent's computer how cooL! haha... enjoy??? :rofl: jk and now u know me more now... hmm...

yeah i know u do and thanks to lady duke for running her mouth about me :laugh2: jk.... she know me soo well!! cuz we grow up together in school.. shes a wild one!!! :x my lips sealed now :rofl:

:twisted:

Ah, bite a fly or hurt a fly??? I guess I messed up. :lol:

*wondering who is Irish Devil Dog* I am not surprised Whoa knows this guy because she loves dogs! Her father used to bring dogs to school when he and the rest of the family went to visit Whoa. Ooooopssss my big mouth again.

BTW, Irish Devil Dog, I assume you are Irish. So am I. Both of my grandfathers were full blooded Irish.

hmmm yeah i know irish from online... shes my sister onliner... shes so awesome!! and haha yeah u're right about dog.. want to know the fact?.. i guess i'm running a zoo in my old house with my family :rofl: jk jk jk.... for real my family is a animal lover!!! cant help it!!! and here u go again lady duke.. running ur mouth again!!!! i guess i'll have to kick ur :booty:!!!!

heheh know what????....:ily: :laugh2:

OH MY GOOD GRIEF!

I did not realize Irish Devil Dog was a WOMAN! I accidentally used the word "guy" (embarrassed look)

Forgive me, IDD...

OUCHHHH! Now that my :booty: is sore with bruises all over! :D

:twisted:

Ah, bite a fly or hurt a fly??? I guess I messed up. :lol:

*wondering who is Irish Devil Dog* I am not surprised Whoa knows this guy because she loves dogs! Her father used to bring dogs to school when he and the rest of the family went to visit Whoa. Ooooopssss my big mouth again.

BTW, Irish Devil Dog, I assume you are Irish. So am I. Both of my grandfathers were full blooded Irish.

:rofl:!!! I assumed u THOUGHT I'm a guy.. In fact I'm a gal :D. Yes I am a mutt Irish :P

Aww sis thanks for saying I am awesome :lol:

OH MY GOOD GRIEF!

I did not realize Irish Devil Dog was a WOMAN! I accidentally used the word "guy" (embarrassed look)

Forgive me, IDD...

LOL :rofl: Your forgiven :D. Now I'm gonna :slap: yew :lol:

OH MY GOOD GRIEF!

Forgive me, IDD...

:laugh2: hahahahha yeah i'm sure ur soo embrassed.... and... thast great to know that ur :booty: is so sore!! :rofl:

Originally posted by Irish Devil Dog
:rofl:!!! I assumed u THOUGHT I'm a guy.. In fact I'm a gal :D. Yes I am a mutt Irish :P

Aww sis thanks for saying I am awesome :lol:

no problem sis :ily: thats the fact i'm telling.... u're awesome really! heh... smile!!!

Steel, you are wasting your time on cued speech as a sole mode of communication. You should've learned BOTH ASL and Cued Speech earlier in your life. You know only HALF of ASL? That's BAD! You really have a long way to go.

I am not a cuer. Neither is Whoa.
Well it wasn't my fault. My mother always wanted me to talk and that's why i used cued speech in the first place...to talk better, read better, write better, and have a better chance of education and goals...it's a good tool to use for academic settings, really. ASL or ESL are OKAY to use for any communication...it's even cool to use when you aren't allowed to talk out load lol but relax! i know most deaf people don't really talk much and uses sign language for everything and believe me, i think i should've learned sign language when i was younger but cued speech took over my life and treated me like a hearing person even when i'm not really hearing, you know? Every deaf person is different...some can hear alittle, some can't hear at ALL. some can speak better. some can't speak at ALL. some can talk on the phone. some can't at ALL. I'm one of the many different kinds of deaf people, you know.

I can't talk on the phone because of weird feed back or the voice is WAY too soft you can hardly hear it coming out into your ears. I don't always understand ppl when they mumble or talk too fast. I always need an intercrepter in every class at school like every other one needs a intercrepter for ASL, too. Don't consider this to be war, because everyone has different opinons. there are alot of good reasons that Cued Speech should be taught while there are still alot of good reasons that ASL should be taught too...

I have TONS of deaf friends who sign, and i don't always understand them because they were signing too FAST and i always tell 'em to slow down and tell me what the heck they are trying to say! lol

but sometimes i just write on paper or talk to them online and we still share jokes and stories and stuff...so relax. i'm still working on it.

Well it wasn't my fault. My mother always wanted me to talk and that's why i used cued speech in the first place...to talk better, read better, write better, and have a better chance of education and goals...it's a good tool to use for academic settings, really. ASL or ESL are OKAY to use for any communication...it's even cool to use when you aren't allowed to talk out load lol but relax! i know most deaf people don't really talk much and uses sign language for everything and believe me, i think i should've learned sign language when i was younger but cued speech took over my life and treated me like a hearing person even when i'm not really hearing, you know? Every deaf person is different...some can hear alittle, some can't hear at ALL. some can speak better. some can't speak at ALL. some can talk on the phone. some can't at ALL. I'm one of the many different kinds of deaf people, you know.

I can't talk on the phone because of weird feed back or the voice is WAY too soft you can hardly hear it coming out into your ears. I don't always understand ppl when they mumble or talk too fast. I always need an intercrepter in every class at school like every other one needs a intercrepter for ASL, too. Don't consider this to be war, because everyone has different opinons. there are alot of good reasons that Cued Speech should be taught while there are still alot of good reasons that ASL should be taught too...

I have TONS of deaf friends who sign, and i don't always understand them because they were signing too FAST and i always tell 'em to slow down and tell me what the heck they are trying to say! lol

but sometimes i just write on paper or talk to them online and we still share jokes and stories and stuff...so relax. i'm still working on it.

Okay, do you know who Netrox is? He's a cuer from Texas whom I used to battle over Cued Speech and Cochlear Implants in another deaf forum. I strongly disagree with him on cochlear implant issues, but am learning more about Cued Speech (Cued English as Netrox called it) from him.

Netrox kept on saying Cued Speech/English does not promote nor discourage the use of speech. This means Cued Speech is not to teach d-Deaf people how to talk, but teach d-Deaf people how to read and write the English language.

Netrox has posted an article several times in another deaf forum, where I used to regularly partonize, about a father of a cuer. He said his daughter can read and write English better than most of her peers, but she couldn't order meal at McDonald's. Something like that.

I can understand that it is not your fault. But you know, you can always tell your parents that you want to be in a classroom that uses ASL.

Are you still in high school? Have you thought of attending NCSD? I meant, have you thought of asking your parents to send you there?

Back