Anybody lives in North Carolina? I have a question.

Yet your story somehow got me to thinking more carefully, most of my family live here now. It's just that if I step one foot on KKK compound, they'd wield their weapons to beat the holy hell out of me and left me dead. Mind you, I'm black guy here, it's just that I'm looking for a safe place to live to recovering myself from this bad economy.
Why would you want to step onto a KKK compound in the first place?

I don't about you, but I never met one in my life. Now I have heard racist comments (especially when it comes to their family's love life) but that happen anywhere.
I'm 58 years old and I've lived in South Carolina for 29 years, and for 7 years before that in the Panhandle of Florida, and I've never seen a KKK member or "compound." I'm not saying they don't exist but I've never seen one in person.

I've visited Georgia and North Carolina several times, and I saw no KKK activities there either.

:dunno:

I am confused...

North Carolina... then Canada... then New Jersey... then Holilywood?

me too. Obviously, Prime Boss is seriously delusional or undecided what he really wants.

I don't think the place where I saw may still showing kkk symbol anymore as I was there 15 years ago. So anything can easily changed in 15 years.

DHB
I'm 58 years old and I've lived in South Carolina for 29 years, and for 7 years before that in the Panhandle of Florida, and I've never seen a KKK member or "compound." I'm not saying they don't exist but I've never seen one in person.

I've visited Georgia and North Carolina several times, and I saw no KKK activities there either.

I live not too far from the biggest city in NC, Charlotte. I was born and raised in NC ever since and I dont remember going to greensville before but I believe I may have before even thou I dont really remember...I've been pretty much everywhere in NC lol I dont know about the KKK clan cause I hardly even heard of them anywhere in NC or even seen any. If you are trying to avoid racism, there's no way out of it cause it's practically everywhere not just NC. crimes often happen near cities...but of course crime can still happen about anywhere but I've been living in this neighborhood since 1995 and nothing major happened lol its just pretty much boring and quite...of course that could be cause I'm close to the country and township as there are alot of countrysides in NC. I don't really have any problems living anywhere in NC...expect that jobs are super tough to find these days..and charlotte isn't 100% deaf friendly don't really have any movie theatres with open captions for the deaf. which sucks yea...so far NC is pretty much just okay.

North Carolina is a huge state, so talking about the whole state as a good or bad place is just kind of a tad bit absurd.

:whistle:

If you think I'm undecided...

Thanks to my friend that he was able to give me that link. That give me a long serious pause to ensure that certain places that are safe for me and my family to live here as long as I can enjoy North Carolina.

Here it is: SPLCenter.org: Hate Groups Map

I don't think the place where I saw may still showing kkk symbol anymore as I was there 15 years ago. So anything can easily changed in 15 years.

DHB

yep most likely especially when the past couple Presidential administrations came down hard on them with legislation like RICO, Domestic Terrorism, Organized Crime bills, etc.

If you think I'm undecided...

Thanks to my friend that he was able to give me that link. That give me a long serious pause to ensure that certain places that are safe for me and my family to live here as long as I can enjoy North Carolina.

Here it is: SPLCenter.org: Hate Groups Map

I think it all balance out due to populations. The states that have less population seem to have less hate group.

Uh-huh.....ever see those bumper stickers....."We don't care how you do it up North."! Lots of retirees do flock to Eastern N.C. (from N.Y., N.J., etc.)....If you haven't visited Wilmington, I urge you to do so....really a historic city! Very friendly too...and the U.S.S. North Carolina is docked right on the Cape Fear River....lots of movie studios there also...and it's where Bruce Lee was shot....and also the movie "Cape Fear" was made, along with many others....Great seafood restaurants, beaches 15 miles away.

yep. I've posted the links a while ago explaining about NY-NJ exodus to North Carolina and Pennsylvania (we're losing about 200,000 people per year if I remember correctly). It's been happening for past few years due to rising living cost and ridiculous taxes especially income tax and property tax. The taxes we pay in here are probably enough to feed hundreds of mouths :(

Maybe I should join the pilgrimage! NC gun law sounds pretty damn reasonable and common sense! j/k

yep. I've posted the links a while ago explaining about NY-NJ exodus to North Carolina and Pennsylvania (we're losing about 200,000 people per year if I remember correctly). It's been happening for past few years due to rising living cost and ridiculous taxes especially income tax and property tax. The taxes we pay in here are probably enough to feed hundreds of mouths :(

Maybe I should join the pilgrimage! NC gun law sounds pretty damn reasonable and common sense! j/k

this remind me something i told my MIL -- in our city, the local gov't were giving away money for people to improve the look of their homes. I told my mother in law that once they fix their homes, their property tax will go up higher and they may have no choice but move out. So basically, it is like they are kicking the poor people out of their homes and forcing them to live somewhere else. It isn't cheap to pay property tax and mortage. our property tax is almost the same as you pay for rent each month.

this remind me something i told my MIL -- in our city, the local gov't were giving away money for people to improve the look of their homes. I told my mother in law that once they fix their homes, their property tax will go up higher and they may have no choice but move out. So basically, it is like they are kicking the poor people out of their homes and forcing them to live somewhere else.
yep. not surprising! it's a very sneaky move! our small cities in NJ are doing same tactic. That's why Jersey City, Hoboken, and Newark are transforming. It's actually livable for New Yorkers.

It isn't cheap to pay property tax and mortage. our property tax is almost the same as you pay for rent each month.
:mad2:

Well, we have a bigger house in an expensive location so it is reasonable. But we wanted to live next to my husband's grandparents.

Well, we have a bigger house in an expensive location so it is reasonable. But we wanted to live next to my husband's grandparents.

remind me - what state do you reside in? and what state is your hubby's grandparents?

I think it all balance out due to populations. The states that have less population seem to have less hate group.

it's a very complicated relationship because it can also be like this - a state with less population tends to have a more conservative, homogeneous view - meaning... their racist view is more pronounced and their backgrounds are very similar - same race, race religion, same opinion, etc.

I've had a great opportunity to learn about this complex relationship from this genius professor. this course teaches about population, census, people, and the whole relationships relating to it. That's why I'm considering pursuing graduate degree in this - urban planning or related. it's fascinating really.

My good friend lives in that town after moving there 2 years ago from Baltimore. She is black and she has never reported any problems there.

Back