Any body like to fly?

that might be me your thinking of.. I used to attend NTID Dan McCann and Paul Fox used to fly with me often..everyone else was afraid we'd crash or something and wouldn't fly with us.

I was student at RIT/NTID from 1981 to 1985

Fun!!! better than 6 flags. :)

March 1983, we rode small plane has approx 24 seats without jet (kind like Indian Jones was in long travel) during heavy storm storm from Buffalo to Philadelphia.

Few times, we rode airline during thunderstorm/strong wind or land with some ice. Most airline pilots did great job without I worry.

Spring 1977, we arrived Kansas City airport with very heavy fog. Same day, two 747 had bad accident at Canary Island.

Sept 1983 or 85, we arrived Paris. Same day, Soviet shot Korea Airline "KAL 007" down.

I have been in 40 states, europe and Colombia (south america).

I always want to pilot from town to town. No worry about cop wait for speed driver on highway.

It was a JET plane it was a turboprop, its a jet engine, but instead of driving a Fan like more jet engines do it drives a prop. they are more fuel efficent than turbo fan / fan jet engines. lot people won't fly those planes because they think they are not a jet... they really are jet engines turning a prop.

I really cannot understand why John Kennedy flew and crashed his small plane near Nantucket Island or Martha's Vineyard in 1999. I was told that he flew upside down in a heavy fog that made him confused flying in the wrong way. I was told that his airplane was cheap. He was a multi-millionaire, and he should have bought expensive one. Is that would make a difference?

I really cannot understand why John Kennedy flew and crashed his small plane near Nantucket Island or Martha's Vineyard in 1999. I was told that he flew upside down in a heavy fog that made him confused flying in the wrong way. I was told that his airplane was cheap. He was a multi-millionaire, and he should have bought expensive one. Is that would make a difference?

very typical issue for pilots - It's NOT the same as being upside down in car. When you're in air, sometimes you can't tell if you're upside down or not especially at pitch black nite or heavy fog. I think this typical confusion is called "VERTIGO." (correct me if I'm wrong, MX757) That's why the Attitude Indicator is your best friend!! It's easy to panic and get confused when your visual does not match what instruments say. I don't know the detail of the accident but maybe he's like one of few millionaires/billionaires who like to do it old school or to spend it wisely. Bill Gates drives 1988 Porsche (special permission by President Clinton). Steve Ballmer - a true Detroit moto-man... 1998 Lincoln Continental.

lesson is - DO NOT ARGUE WITH FLIGHT INSTRUMENTS WITH YOUR CONFUSED COMMON SENSE JUST CUZ YOUR EYES SAID SO!!!

btw - his plane - Piper Saratoga II HP - that's not cheap and piece of shit. it's high performance with pretty reliable record. He bought it second-hand.

very typical issue for pilots - It's NOT the same as being upside down in car. When you're in air, sometimes you can't tell if you're upside down or not especially at pitch black nite or heavy fog. I think this typical confusion is called "VERTIGO." (correct me if I'm wrong, MX757) That's why the Attitude Indicator is your best friend!! It's easy to panic and get confused when your visual does not match what instruments say. I don't know the detail of the accident but maybe he's like one of few millionaires/billionaires who like to do it old school or to spend it wisely. Bill Gates drives 1988 Porsche (special permission by President Clinton). Steve Ballmer - a true Detroit moto-man... 1998 Lincoln Continental.

lesson is - DO NOT ARGUE WITH FLIGHT INSTRUMENTS WITH YOUR CONFUSED COMMON SENSE JUST CUZ YOUR EYES SAID SO!!!

btw - his plane - Piper Saratoga II HP - that's not cheap and piece of shit. it's high performance with pretty reliable record. He bought it second-hand.

he is correct.

Wow. It's unbelievable!

yea it's not really an issue of quality of plane he flew in. It's tragically... a pilot error. One can say it's a conspiracy to kill him under guise of tragic plane crash..... :blah:

Really? ... even during turbulence or stormy weather?
Yep. I might wake up from a sudden shake cuz it's like someone trying to wake me up unexpectedly, but I usually fall back asleep again. :)

JFK jr's mom did not allow her son to take pilot lesson. Until her mom passed away. Then, JFK jr took flighting lesson.

JFK had very little experience as pilot.

He was very late to left from NY during sunset. During cross ocean at night made him confused flying in the wrong way.

JFK jr's mom did not allow her son to take pilot lesson. Until her mom passed away. Then, JFK jr took flighting lesson.
So??? lot of people learn to fly late in life, It doesn't matter how old you are or when you start fly...

JFK had very little experience as pilot.

that's not quite true... He meet the requirements set by the FAA to obtain a private pilots rating.

He was very late to left from NY during sunset. During cross ocean at night made him confused flying in the wrong way.

So??? lot of people learn to fly late in life, It doesn't matter how old you are or when you start fly...

JFK had very little experience as pilot. That's not quite true... He meet the requirements set by the FAA to obtain a private pilots rating. Nothing wrong with flying VFR at night, which he did. However he did not have Instrument training (and neither do I) to allow him to fly IFR refereance by Instrument .. conditions were right that night to cause him to suffer from "vertigo" where star light / moon light reflecting off water cause him to be unable to tell up from down...resulting in loss of control of the aircraft.
IFR Instrument training skills would have prevented this...but IFR rating was not required for VFR night flight...It would have helped in his case.

mx, hello! that was you (pic) nice!

lol!

someone has link for deafskydiver!
thank!
i love to be skydiver!

someone put a jet pic f22
ooo! i gotta love to ride that! i wann fly with it! lol!

Back