AllDeaf who DON'T go to the World Expo, July 2010

Not going.

Want to be fully-employed first before going to international deaf events.

This, in my memory, is the first time Deafnation has put on a World Deaf Expo. Who knows if they will do it again?

Not going, I am not even sure what it is about. When I first heard about it, I did not consider going because I did not know that many AD folks, but now, I think I would feel more comfortable. I was in LV for a competition a few years ago and it made me feel uncomfortable. I don't think I'd go without a comfortable male friend. Maybe next year. Have fun ya'll!

I wish I could go...

Paperclip, I know what you mean...when I was there I was chased by a couple guys. Some weirdos there! :lol:

I wish I could go...

Paperclip, I know what you mean...when I was there I was chased by a couple guys. Some weirdos there! :lol:

You couldn't look down on the side walk without looking at a half-naked person on a poster. I'm kinda shy around new people anyway.

I am not going anytime soon. One, I don't have the needed vacation time from work and two I don't have the money. Oh well, maybe someday I will get to go.

I wish I could go, but my husband and I are having problem with our budget which is pretty tight now. And also this year there is going to be high school reunion in Minneapolis, Minnesota next month, August which I could not afford to go either. I love to travel but now things have gone up so much. :ugh: I want to go to Las Vegas (I have been there before around the 1970s) and attend the Deaf World Expo. Then I want to attend the high school reunion in Minnesota. So I am stuck in here for the time being. Maybe in the near future I will go. Not sure if my budget will all be paid up. **sigh**

This, in my memory, is the first time Deafnation has put on a World Deaf Expo. Who knows if they will do it again?

My apologies, what I means by "international" is non-Canadian events. That's why I haven't been to the States yet this summer, really, even though I've planned to visit the Eastern seaboard from Washington D.C. down to Raleigh, NC last year-- it didn't feel right to travel outside of Canada without knowing I've something urgent to come back to.

I regret not going :|

Unfortunately, I have reasons that I can not go...yet, I will be back anyway.... if I see an international deaf expo like this, I'll make sure my ass is reserved on the plane bound for the States!

Not going because of busy with school classes.

Oh. my thread wasn't my intention to make you tell us why you are not going. My thread is meant for anyone to post fun anything in here to kill our times while others are having good times in LV. :fruit:

I am not going because I made a comittment to my summer teaching job. This event is a major one...almost like Deaf Way. Lucky my brother, my friends, and those ADers who are going. :mad:

I am not going because I made a comittment to my summer teaching job. This event is a major one...almost like Deaf Way. Lucky my brother, my friends, and those ADers who are going. :mad:

Yea me too. I wish I could go but there is so much going on here. I am sure that there will be a major one in a few years again.

Would have loved to go but think it would be best for me as I have started another new job and want to do some good steady work plus I might consider school later so... I would have loved to check out LV and Deafnation but maybe who knows in a few years time....

not going due to $$ situation and problems with work ugh cuz they cut my hours but recenlty gave me my hours back but i work one day per week meaning on every friday?!?! blah but i'm sure my co worker will talk sense into new boss's head cuz old boss quit cuz he wasn't doing much work around the store.. which didn't surpirse me :roll: but i am not comfortable with new boss but will take me a while longer cuz can't expect to tell you know? lol but hell I'm proud that i had been at same store but long time before.. it was longs drugstore but now cvs oh well I'll live ;)

I wish I could go too. I have a summer math class that lasts just a little longer, and I have to save money. Plus, I'm still learning ASL anyway. I guess it'll be better if I was more fluent, too. :(

I wish I could go too. I have a summer math class that lasts just a little longer, and I have to save money. Plus, I'm still learning ASL anyway. I guess it'll be better if I was more fluent, too. :(

yeah and you will undererstand ASL if you social with deaf friends more often and practice makes perfect.. ;)

if you know a very very basic ASL.... going to any deaf event is equivalent to 2-3 ASL classes :cool2:

For 2 years we went Frisco campground but this time we will stay in Avon, rented a house for a week. :)

Ah ok hadnt heard of Avon. Was Emerald Isle i went to. Know a guy that lives in Ocracoke now though.

Back