all set.... to.... go...

Wish you all the best of luck! :hug:

I'm looking forward to hear your update after surgery.

Congratulations! Here's wishing you all the best for surgery! :)

I think it's great that we're going to have another AB user on the board! Now we just need a few people with Med-El! :)

Congrats on the surgery !! Wish you the best !!
By the way Ashley is getting Med-El when she has her surgery.

By the way Ashley is getting Med-El when she has her surgery.

That's great! :) If you don't mind my asking, why did you choose Med-El? I'm not trying to start a brand war -- you can't go wrong with any of the 3 CI brands. I'm just curious as to the reasons behind your decision. :)

*surprised* you're getting CI asap... oh wow.. I'm shocked and stunned hell lot and by the way congrats to you.... wishes you have great luck and activited ci asap... let me know how's went so far?
That what I saw Lake Tadoe's thread and mentioned about when implanted done then funny tongue as taste metal thing...
Made me wonder how long takes up to... ?

That what I saw Lake Tadoe's thread and mentioned about when implanted done then funny tongue as taste metal thing...
Made me wonder how long takes up to... ?

It depends on the person and how they heal. I took me about 8-9 months to get over that.

Oldnavygirl - Best of success in your endeavors...

i'm also wondering how long did it take you guys to heal the incision?? still individuals on people? i'm very curious here. there is a little sticky situation going on here.

i'm also wondering how long did it take you guys to heal the incision?? still individuals on people? i'm very curious here. there is a little sticky situation going on here.

Yea, it depends on the person. Let me see if I can even remember this. There are two aspects to the incision. One is the incision itself and the other is the numbness of the ear (which can't be helped simply due to the incision). I think my incision healed quickly and was pretty much done by two or three weeks. The numbness in the upper half of my ear took far longer to regain feeling. I think that took about five to six months and longer for the the tip.

I will say to this day (almost two years ago), the area were the incision had been made is slightly tender compared to other skin further away. It isn't a big deal but something of note.

It will depend because different CI centres seem to do different incisions but my incision was quite nicely healed by two weeks. Like S171s the numbness at the top of the ear takes longer but it's not painful or bothersome. I also have slight numbness on part of the side of my tongue. I only ever had the metallic taste once and for a few seconds though so it shows how different we are.

Different surgeons use different incisions. My incision was 1-1/2 inches long and took 2-3 weeks to heal. My surgeon used dissolveable stitches, so they didn't have to be removed.

As for ear numbness, this took a few months to completely disappear.

On the magnet site of my second implant, I still experience some numbness but it isn't bothersome by any means.

I didn't experience any metallic taste following either of my surgeries. Instead, I had a heightened sensation of taste (following both surgeries) which disappeared after 3-4 months.

we do have calendar just click "calendar" at top and we are able to enter a event.

we do have calendar just click "calendar" at top and we are able to enter a event.

It looks like a calender for the whole of Alldeaf. I'm not sure how the members who do not frequent the CI section or who are interested in or even don't agree with them would feel if we clogged it up with CI surgeries!

Congrats! I can't wait to hear about your process on the implant surgery and the hook up date.. yay! :fruit: :D

so.. the calendar at this moment are all clogged up with birthday dates eh.. some has events posted. I posted my feb 7 appt there.. big deal.. :D

i also found out my activation date is on march 6th -- number 6 is always my favorite and lucky number. :-D

lol eric.... u'll be fineeee :) love you lots too. :)

Back