All about turbos!!!

factory turbo'd cars and aftermarket turbo'd cars arent the in the same category.

factory turbo's arent necessarily setup for a certain thing, Kind of hard to explain.

When people mod cars and throw a turbo on there, they know what the risks are but theyre wanting more power. Whether that being low, mid, high RPM boost depending on the application/intended use. Take say a 97 Supra with factory twin turbo's its has ~280hp, but upgrade those turbo's and supporting parts and it could put down say 800hp.
For gasoline, I think i like turbocharger with VGT to avoid from the LAG.

One of my old coworker who own Supra and he told me that his car was around 600hp and his friend's Supra with BIGASS turbocharger around 900hp and guess what? 600hp is quick than 900hp because turbocharger lag.

One of my old coworker who own Supra and he told me that his car was around 600hp and his friend's Supra with BIGASS turbocharger around 900hp and guess what? 600hp is quick than 900hp because turbocharger lag.

Not always the case tho, it depends on what parts are in the engine, Take the RB26 for example If they had a full counter weight crank then can allow the engine to go to 10,000rpm add forged pistons (which can vary in weight between 343g and 532g) add some forged rods (473g to 648g) add a flywheel (4.8kg to 9.65kg) and throw in some high lift cams and a more laggy turbo can suddenly become more responsive. It all depends on who built the car and what components were used as they can vary alot. Many highly regarded tuners all over the world wont use regular off the shelf turbos no matter who makes them, you tell them your application and intended use and they will modify it to suit your particular engine.

Not always the case tho, it depends on what parts are in the engine, Take the RB26 for example If they had a full counter weight crank then can allow the engine to go to 10,000rpm add forged pistons (which can vary in weight between 343g and 532g) add some forged rods (473g to 648g) add a flywheel (4.8kg to 9.65kg) and throw in some high lift cams and a more laggy turbo can suddenly become more responsive. It all depends on who built the car and what components were used as they can vary alot. Many highly regarded tuners all over the world wont use regular off the shelf turbos no matter who makes them, you tell them your application and intended use and they will modify it to suit your particular engine.

Ah. it's make sense to me. Thanks!

thats because of the way it was set up. The 900hp car was most likely a top end car (top speed) where the 600hp car was probably setup for drag racing

Check out this car.
My computer wont load the page but its a 1200hp supra, that is the fastest street legal supra in the world on the 1/4 mile (7.59 seconds), its all extremely fast on top end

not always the case tho, it depends on what parts are in the engine, take the rb26 for example if they had a full counter weight crank then can allow the engine to go to 10,000rpm add forged pistons (which can vary in weight between 343g and 532g) add some forged rods (473g to 648g) add a flywheel (4.8kg to 9.65kg) and throw in some high lift cams and a more laggy turbo can suddenly become more responsive. It all depends on who built the car and what components were used as they can vary alot. Many highly regarded tuners all over the world wont use regular off the shelf turbos no matter who makes them, you tell them your application and intended use and they will modify it to suit your particular engine.

that

I don't know what exact function do the VGT work. For gasoline engines, I have no idea, I maybe check out the new turbocharged Subaru or import car later

I don't know what exact function do the VGT work. For gasoline engines, I have no idea, I maybe check out the new turbocharged Subaru or import car later

I don't think Subaru with gasoline engine have one, only Subaru diesel that I know so far.

Exactly, the government doesnt want these epic mpg cars here as ppl will buy them, hen oil corporations will lose money because less gas is being sold, hence the government will make less tax money AND a number of big government ppl own parts of oil corporations and in time they wouldnt earn as much money because the oil corporation made less money

Exactly, the government doesnt want these epic mpg cars here as ppl will buy them, hen oil corporations will lose money because less gas is being sold, hence the government will make less tax money AND a number of big government ppl own parts of oil corporations and in time they wouldnt earn as much money because the oil corporation made less money
That is exactly why anyone in goverment should be banned from accepting gift or holding shares above $10k in value while in office. From what i understand the big companys basically bribe anyone in office to support them and screw the little guy and every other country in existance

Back