All about turbos!!!

My Diesel is using OBD-II and I know for sure because it is printed on label inside my hood. It is indeed controlled by computer depending on load, power needed and other things that I am in no expert with. I have asked Ford Dealer Certified Diesel Mechanic, they said Turbo is permanent integrated part of the 6.0L engine and can not be separated. Others that can be removed from my Diesel engine is EGR, EGR cooler, CAT converter. Even muffler as well (It will pass NYS inspection anyway) They got delete kits for these parts but none for Turbo itself.

I briefly took out muffler (For about a month), I got positive responses. Many of hearing people said, wow awesome sound. Not too loud, no harsh sounds But the problem is that it had increased the cab vibration so I put muffler in so can enjoy the loud music sometimes.

I disagree.

For fun, root supercharger is the way to go. :cool2: By this summer, then my crate engine with root blower will be dropped in. Cant wait, have been away from supercharger for too long.

1321175_o.gif

please pardon his terrible suspension setting.

What type of diesel engine for OBD-II?

That's listed I saw which don't have electronic for J1939 and J1708 only.

I don't know nothing about OBD-II diesel.

Newer model years, all diesel vehicles have OBD-II according to the emission control systems application manual but doesn't state what model year used. Dst

img0618q.jpg

Cummis

img0619gy.jpg

Detroit

img0620xt.jpg

CAT

img0621a.jpg

Cummis for Dodge RAM 3500.

img0622nr.jpg

Mitsubishi

img0623ej.jpg

John Deere

img0624es.jpg

Volvo, Finally see turbocharger with VGT.

I just asked my instructor today. He said probably to removed the turbocharger but engine will loose a lot boost and it just need adjust it and he is not sure if it's illegal or not. He seen most semi-truck's turbochargers last over million of mileages as air intake and oil are CLEAN. Yes, very dirty air intake and oil made turbocharger life short quick.

Interesting, none of them looks like mine. Anyway, yes Turbo were intended to increase the horses and make vehicle runs faster. Without Turbo, there will be definitely less horsepower.

img0618q.jpg

Cummis

img0619gy.jpg

Detroit

img0620xt.jpg

CAT

img0621a.jpg

Cummis for Dodge RAM 3500.

img0622nr.jpg

Mitsubishi

img0623ej.jpg

John Deere

img0624es.jpg

Volvo, Finally see turbocharger with VGT.

I just asked my instructor today. He said probably to removed the turbocharger but engine will loose a lot boost and it just need adjust it and he is not sure if it's illegal or not. He seen most semi-truck's turbochargers last over million of mileages as air intake and oil are CLEAN. Yes, very dirty air intake and oil made turbocharger life short quick.

Hey, I am somewhat impressed that one of you AD'ers driving 18 wheelers. My mind was thinking, what is their best brand? For example, we the PU trucks drivers we could say "Ford", While others is "Chevy". What is it in 18 wheelers world saying?

DHB

Hey, I am somewhat impressed that one of you AD'ers driving 18 wheelers. My mind was thinking, what is their best brand? For example, we the PU trucks drivers we could say "Ford", While others is "Chevy". What is it in 18 wheelers world saying?

DHB

It's mostly Peterbilt vs Freightliners vs Kenworth.

Do you look at what people drive and wonder why they got a Lincoln or Cadillac? Why did they not get anything with turbocharged engine?

I look at all those people who drives minivan and big vans. I wonder why they did not get anything turbocharged?

I think that turbocharged vehicles are the way to go. They're fun to drive!!!

They also use more fuel. Air induction engines have to be setup for air induction. You can't put a turbo on just any engine because the cam and headers won't support it, in some cases you can even blow out the bottom of the block.

I had a 1965, six pack, 389 motor, GTO with 365 rated HP and the block wasn't setup for air induction. You would have had to move up to the next block to get the extra HP.

on modern motors you dont HAVE to do those things sometimes. Its best to do so, as well as getting stronger (forged) internals to support boost. There are other things needed though.

On my car, you can turbo or S/C without changing any internals BUT its best to do so because you run the risk of internal damage.

Turbo kit is not worth to bolt-on and make big headaches. Best to buy new turbocharged vehicles.

on modern motors you dont HAVE to do those things sometimes. Its best to do so, as well as getting stronger (forged) internals to support boost. There are other things needed though.

On my car, you can turbo or S/C without changing any internals BUT its best to do so because you run the risk of internal damage.

What max of compression ratio in the engine for T/C or S/C?

A train with a blown turbo. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut_zIJVqWbo&feature=related]Conrail 5068 Shoots Fire Due To A Malfunctioning Turbocharger - YouTube[/ame]

I disagree.

For fun, root supercharger is the way to go. :cool2: By this summer, then my crate engine with root blower will be dropped in. Cant wait, have been away from supercharger for too long.

1321175_o.gif

please pardon his terrible suspension setting.

Good for a lot of laughters!!!

Turbo kit is not worth to bolt-on and make big headaches. Best to buy new turbocharged vehicles.

factory turbo'd cars and aftermarket turbo'd cars arent the in the same category.

factory turbo's arent necessarily setup for a certain thing, Kind of hard to explain.

When people mod cars and throw a turbo on there, they know what the risks are but theyre wanting more power. Whether that being low, mid, high RPM boost depending on the application/intended use. Take say a 97 Supra with factory twin turbo's its has ~280hp, but upgrade those turbo's and supporting parts and it could put down say 800hp.

Back