Airbus crashes in French Alps; 150 dead

I will be flying in May so yea, I am with Caz ...it makes me nervous but then again as LoveBlue pointed out..there are car accidents daily so ....

and train accidents too.

Traveling is soooo DANGEROUS!

RIP to the passengers

I heard they're looking at suicide. How sad...if you're intent to end your own life, make it just about you. Don't take out entire families or rip the foundation out from others. I hope it's not true....

Laura

I heard they're looking at suicide. How sad...if you're intent to end your own life, make it just about you. Don't take out entire families or rip the foundation out from others. I hope it's not true....

Laura

This was one of the first thing I thought when there no signals that plane was in danger. I agree with you about not taking other people lives too. :(

12 missing minutes that the germans cant explain, that doesnt ad up with other flight data..
As for suicide. So the pIlot waits until, or if the co pilot leaves , maybe tricks him into leaving, If it is suicide then in my eyes it was suicide for s religious or political cAuse. how many desperete guys, suicidal become that stone cold heartless. The cold calculating cold bloodness of the deed, speaks more of ideological adherence then desperation...
Damn...

Has anyone identified the two pilots yet? I haven't seen their names anywhere.

Has anyone identified the two pilots yet? I haven't seen their names anywhere.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...rches-resume-alpine-jet-crash-29886475?page=6

This name people that were on the plane but not the pilots , that is strange. Maybe b/c this still under investigating ?

Below is part of the link to this story and its asking the same question . " Why is no one releasing the names of the pilots?"

"The Latest: Crashed Jet's Late Takeoff Was Due to Congestion

abcnews.go.com › International

ABC News

13 hours ago - Debris of the crashed Germanwings passenger jet is scattered on the mountain side near .... Why is no one releasing the names of the pilots?"

A lot of unanswered questions, probably for a while.

If it was a mechanical problem, it didn't slow the plane down--it hit the mountainside full force.

Is there any sign of explosion or fire on the debris?

Why was one pilot alone in the cockpit? Normally, while one pilot leaves, such as for the restroom, one of the cabin attendants takes the empty seat until the pilot returns.

I hope they find the missing memory card for the data recorder, and that it's in usable condition.

Ok, the co-pilot was locked out, and they are not releasing the pilot's name.

:hmm:

Ok, the co-pilot was locked out, and they are not releasing the pilot's name.

:hmm:

Lufthansa has refused to identify the pilots, or give details of ages and nationality, report said. Germans and Spanish will sue this company.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Breaking news: co-pilot appeared to want to destroy the plane.

"The rate of descent from its cruising altitude of 38,000 feet was alarming but still gradual enough to indicate that the twin-engine Airbus A320 had not suffered any catastrophic damage and might have remained under the control of the pilots or the autopilot. At no point during the descent was there any communication from the cockpit to air traffic controllers or any other signal of an emergency."

I hate to say this but I wonder if a pilot commited suicide , this has happen before. :(

You were the first one to suggest this here.....and you were right! I thought, no way, and now looks to be true. Just WOW, so hard to believe! So sad.

A French prosecutor said the co-pilot, who appears to have deliberately crashed a Germanwings airliner into the Alps on Tuesday, was a German national who was not on any terrorist watch list.

Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin identified the co-pilot as Andreas Lubitz, 28, in a news conference Thursday. Robin said Lubitz locked the pilot out of the cockpit and deliberately worked to destroy the plane.
Lubitz said nothing after the pilot left the cabin and was alive until the plane crashed, Robin said. He stopped short of calling the incident "terrorism" or "suicide."

I dont.believe this tall tale for one.second..
Move Along
Nothing to see here

I will be flying in May so yea, I am with Caz ...it makes me nervous but then again as LoveBlue pointed out..there are car accidents daily so ....

and train accidents too.

Traveling is soooo DANGEROUS!

RIP to the passengers

I getting a ferry instead..i know accidents everyday but trains and cars you got a chance airoplane that's it and terror must be awful.
it been implied it high jack but I would thought they be bragging about it.Piolet having heart attack but I would thought some way getting back in cock pit and auto piolet
any how ferry train and bus from now on
may they rip

Back