Adult stem cell is happening right now to cure hearing loss!

If you have time, id love to chat to you on instant messenger. Ill check your blog, check mine. Last time you said you were choosing to get a CI in the dead ear and saving your good ear for stem cells. Im not a fan of CI at this point, but for those who want CI, it's their choice. Stem cells is my choice and im saving both ears. What did your new insurance say about CI by the way? Did they approve and if not, what is their reason?

Have you been in touch with Nepsis? I might get my stem cells done at that lab soon. Where you live, it would be a short trip! Ill have to fly to San Diego, but that's much cheaper than flying half way around the world. Ive been in touch with Nepsis and they can treat me with cord blood stem cells by IV in my arm. When do you plan to get stem cells in your good ear? What are your plans for your dead ear if insurance approves CI? Ive been told you won't be able to benefit from stem cells after getting CI, not for 20+ years anyhow. They would have to regrow the cochlea.

How do you explain Chloe's high profile success as well as the success of others? How do you explain stem cells treating blindness and many other conditions which thousands so far have gotten treated? I am going to have to disagree with you because stem cells is available now. People have been saying "many years" now alot of people are saying "its around the corner" ever since Chloe's case. The timeframe has been way overestimated. I am getting stem cells in a reputable clinic. It's true there's alot of fraudsters out there and one must do their research.

You are correct that this technology isn't available in America, but you can thank Bush for this. Other countries are treating people everyday with stem cells for all kinds of conditions. There is the risk of stem cells not working and you are out your money, but life is full of risks and people take risks everyday.

What would your stance be on stem cells if I am a success case and experience an improvement in my hearing? Ill be blogging all about it and showing audiograms, photos, descriptions, etc.

Haven't seen you in a long time! I am looking at reputable companies, Nepsis looks to be one such example. They are offering a 50% discount for pioneers and are honest and upfront about results being different for different people and some may only get a partial improvement or even no improvement. I have seen Chloe's success and spoke to that stem cell center and got all the facts. My parents are very excited at the prospects that I am likley to get stem cells soon and face a good chance of a partial improvement in my hearing.

I believe that one person, in the history of the world, with one very specific time of progressive, post-lingual, late onset, short term hearing loss, has shown very short term benefit from one time of treatment. To assume that would apply to anyone or any other condition would be illogical.

Rather it showed potential in the area of nerve deafness. How fast will it progress here in the US? Notoriously slow compared to other countries who may have a jump on this and instead of 20 years we maybe looking at 5 to 10 years for it to be widely acknowledged. Maybe not. Maybe so. But it is a fact that non-embryonic stem cells research and clinical trials are fast becoming a reality for many conditions or ailments that show more promises than ever before. Even California will be focusing 10 out of 14 studies using the new $230 million dollar grant money last month to focus on non-embryonic stem cells. All of sudden, California's regenerative medicine see more potential for adult stem cells than embryonic. Why is that? Hmmm...

CIRM Awards Seek to Move Cell Therapies to the Clinic -- Kaiser 326 (5954): 780 -- Science

Even stem cells for weakened hearts are working.
Heart therapy with stem cells shows progress -- chicagotribune.com

We will certainly hear more and more of these kinds of stories here in the U.S and from abroad. It's a matter of time and well within our lifetime to see these successes happen.

I believe that one person, in the history of the world, with one very specific time of progressive, post-lingual, late onset, short term hearing loss, has shown very short term benefit from one time of treatment. To assume that would apply to anyone or any other condition would be illogical.

Let me ask, what would your stance be on stem cells if I am a success case and experience an improvement in my hearing? Ill be blogging all about it and showing audiograms, photos, descriptions, etc.

Pluripotent stem cells and respect for individuality

Actually, to be correct, there are 3 adult cells that can be regressed back to a pluripotent stage.

...entire culture to infiltrate a deaf message board with posts that imply that deafness is tragic and limiting condition.

Incorrect. There are 3 "adult stem cells" that are pluripotent. They are not "adult cells" like skin cells or neurological cells or muscle cells or bone cells; they are adult STEM cells that are neither embryonic nor induced pluripotent (regressed).

I can not speak for or defend an entire culture, take it up with them. I only supply information and have the utmost respect for the uniqueness of all individuals. If they are happy with the aspects of their physiology, no matter where they fall on the limited perspective of measuring devices that western doctors utilize to 'pigeon-hole,' 'label' or otherwise 'categorize' their patients then far be it for me to suggest they should change a thing.

Incorrect. There are 3 "adult stem cells" that are pluripotent. They are not "adult cells" like skin cells or neurological cells or muscle cells or bone cells; they are adult STEM cells that are neither embryonic nor induced pluripotent (regressed).

I can not speak for or defend an entire culture, take it up with them. I only supply information and have the utmost respect for the uniqueness of all individuals. If they are happy with the aspects of their physiology, no matter where they fall on the limited perspective of measuring devices that western doctors utilize to 'pigeon-hole,' 'label' or otherwise 'categorize' their patients then far be it for me to suggest they should change a thing.

I am very well informed regarding the criteria for defining a stem cell from an adult cell, thank you. And again, you have simply repeated what I stated prior using a slight change in the wording. Likewise, those stem cells that you are referring to have yet to be used in anything other than controlled environment experimentation.

Obviously, you have a quite different idea of respect than most of the members of this board. You are suggesting just that. Additionally, the members of this board are also intelligent enough to realize that information supplied by an unknown regarding topics such as this, who has come upon this board by doing a quick Google search for deaf forums, has an ulterior and selfish motive behind their actions. Your concern is not for the deaf community, but simply how the deaf community can benefit you in your employment endeavors.

stemcellblogger, I have some questions you and others can answer:

Hello, I got an email from a stem cell lab. They recommend cord blood stem cells and to insert by IV 20 million of them(single dose) into your arm. I learned the following facts in my email:

"If the IV route is chosen, 20 million CD34+ human umbilical cord and placental stem cells are employed." My question: I was wondering if 20 million SC is a typical dosage for someone with hearing loss and no other disorders/conditions. How many db improvement in hearing could be expected based on that dosage and is improvement linear in respect to dose? Chloe got 600 million fat-derived autologous SC to treat her hearing loss and autoimmune disease(s).

"Fat tissue derived stem cells would likely be of little utility in regenerating cochlear tissue." My question: How did it help Chloe's hearing loss? Would cord blood stem cells be better?

"But again, priming any stem cell to become hair cells and then implanting it into the middle ear is potentially dangerous. A safer route if to implant or IV in pure cord blood stem cells plus placental stem cells." My question: So cord blood SC is the best and safest way to go? Is it as safe as autologous SC?

"There are two options: Direct implantation in the cochlear area via the tympanic membrane by a highly experienced ENT surgeon. This is highly experimental and the outcome is unknown. The other option is IV infusion." My question: Would the improvement be the same? Would there be a risk of losing hearing by direct implantation?

Thanks for reading, im also learning about stem cells, id like to be treated for hearing loss soon.

The current stats are that about 50% of people with conditions causing hearing loss get approval for treatment. I'm told that those people with CI can not get stem cells in that ear but can in the other ear. Depending on the condition and the type of treatment, about 60-72% of those treated have significant improvements.

"...one person, in the history of the world..." Thousands have been treated with stem cells. Many more than one have been treated for hearing loss. Off the top of my head, there is also Richard Humphries who improved his hearing when he was treated for MS. I will find out how many have been treated for hearing loss and keep you guys informed.

Regarding Snake oil:this is why I recommended the Repair Stem Cell Institute. They navigate the con men and snake oil salesmen. They are a public service organization dedicated to helping individuals find the best treatment center in the world for treating their particular hearing loss. They have a treatment request form you can fill out [ Stem Cell Treatment Information Request for Hearing Loss ] and then your medical info is sent to the top 5 treatment centers in the world that currently treat hearing loss. They then contact you with information, costs, etc. There is no cost for treatment request and info.

IS IT SNAKE OIL OR DO REPAIR STEM CELL TREATMENTS WORK? DO REPAIR STEM CELL TREATMENTS WORK?

"SAFE AND EFFECTIVE?"
Of the 40 years of bone marrow (stem cell) transplant treatments and based on the over 2,700 “adult stem cell” clinical trials (1,500+ complete) and 7,540 “adult stem cell” scholarly papers, the evidence shows that the risk of adult or repair (but not embryonic) stem cell treatments are about the same as the risks associated with drawing blood. (Standard safe practice of lab protocols removes these risks almost entirely.)

Last edited:
Regarding: "stemcellblogger, I have some questions you and others can answer..." - deafdude1

I'll research these and get back to you. Very intelligent questions by the way. You are way ahead of the curve on your information.

Last edited:
Jillio - As in life, as in all forums, as in blogs, as in all things - take what you want from what you find and ignore the rest. You are more than welcome to ignore my posts if the information I provide somehow offends you. I have no interest in bickering with you or anyone. I provide information only because more people need to know their options, nothing more. I'm happy to discuss stem cells with anyone interested in sharing in an exchange of ideas. If you are one of those people, fine. If not, best of luck to you in all your endeavors. Respectfully - David

The current stats are that about 50% of people with conditions causing hearing loss get approval for treatment. I'm told that those people with CI can not get stem cells in that ear but can in the other ear. Depending on the condition and the type of treatment, about 60-72% of those treated have significant improvements.

Why are the other 50% not approved? How do we know that they can't benefit from stem cells unless they have a badly damaged or missing cochlea and/or auditory nerve? How is "significant improvements" defined in terms of decibals? If we include those who get a small, but measurable improvement, wouldn't the odds go up to 90%? :D

"...one person, in the history of the world..." Thousands have been treated with stem cells. Many more than one have been treated for hearing loss. Off the top of my head, there is also Richard Humphries who improved his hearing when he was treated for MS. I will find out how many have been treated for hearing loss and keep you guys informed.

Check my blog about this 4 year old who experienced an improvement(complete with before/after audiograms) im estimating about 50 have gotten stem cells for hearing loss, but Chloe's case is the best known.

Regarding Snake oil:this is why I recommended the Repair Stem Cell Institute. They navigate the con men and snake oil salesmen.

What's your opinion on the Nepsis stem cell center? It sounds reputable and ive been in contact with them. Im learning more and will show the information to my parents. I may be getting treated at Nepsis.

Of the 40 years of bone marrow (stem cell) transplant treatments and based on the over 2,700 “adult stem cell” clinical trials (1,500+ complete) and 7,540 “adult stem cell” scholarly papers, the evidence shows that the risk of adult or repair (but not embryonic) stem cell treatments are about the same as the risks associated with drawing blood. (Standard safe practice of lab protocols removes these risks almost entirely.)

This is why me and many others are choosing stem cells over CI.

Jillio - As in life, as in all forums, as in blogs, as in all things - take what you want from what you find and ignore the rest. You are more than welcome to ignore my posts if the information I provide somehow offends you. I have no interest in bickering with you or anyone. I provide information only because more people need to know their options, nothing more. I'm happy to discuss stem cells with anyone interested in sharing in an exchange of ideas. If you are one of those people, fine. If not, best of luck to you in all your endeavors. Respectfully - David

There are alot of people who are against stem cells and are just looking for excuses. I respect their choice if they don't want to get stem cells, but I ask that they respect our choice to get stem cells. I don't wish to argue with those who are against stem cells, but I will say stop reading threads about stem cells since you clearly have no interest in stem cells. David, it is my pleasure to discuss stem cells with you. I am very pro stem cells and see so much potental in stem cells for myself and anyone who chooses stem cells. Have you seen my blog yet?(link in sig)

Last edited:
The fake compliment to the questioner so the salesman can butter up the potential mark. Smooth move! Of course, you *will* be approved for this program, and all you have to do is throw a lot of cash his way for some mere hope. Stemcellblogger, someone who gets jurisdiction over your sorry ass will sue you for fraud.

Let me ask, what would your stance be on stem cells if I am a success case and experience an improvement in my hearing? Ill be blogging all about it and showing audiograms, photos, descriptions, etc.

First of all, I don't think it will happen. Researchers seek out patients who fit very specific protocols, not the other way around.

Second, if you do get it done, I doubt it will work long term.

Third, your hearing is so very poor, even if you have the "success" that this one woman is the history of the world had, I would still think that you would be a CI candidate, and that in order to get the best hearing possible, you should still get an implant.

Fourth, your hopes are far too high. You are being completely unreasonable. You are throwing words like "cure" and "0 db", a responsible doctor would NEVER take you on as a patient.

Fifth, you are prelingually, bilaterally, profoundly deaf. The patient was none of those things. Why on earth do you think that what worked for her (for now) will work for you at all?

Sixth, if you had any sense at all you would NOT travel to a 3rd world country to have an experimetal medical procedure. Do you get that at all? You are going to a place where people don't even have clean water, and you re asking them to experiment on your body. Put things inside of you that you have no idea what they are or what they might do....that, to me, is literally, insanity.

Just a few thoughts...

First of all, I don't think it will happen. Researchers seek out patients who fit very specific protocols, not the other way around.

Second, if you do get it done, I doubt it will work long term.

Third, your hearing is so very poor, even if you have the "success" that this one woman is the history of the world had, I would still think that you would be a CI candidate, and that in order to get the best hearing possible, you should still get an implant.

Fourth, your hopes are far too high. You are being completely unreasonable. You are throwing words like "cure" and "0 db", a responsible doctor would NEVER take you on as a patient.

Fifth, you are prelingually, bilaterally, profoundly deaf. The patient was none of those things. Why on earth do you think that what worked for her (for now) will work for you at all?

Sixth, if you had any sense at all you would NOT travel to a 3rd world country to have an experimetal medical procedure. Do you get that at all? You are going to a place where people don't even have clean water, and you re asking them to experiment on your body. Put things inside of you that you have no idea what they are or what they might do....that, to me, is literally, insanity.

Just a few thoughts...

All of these points just reminded me how happy I am that I am no longer obsessed with becoming hearing and some of this stuff is scaring me into staying as a Deaf person. :deaf:

Sorry. Ignoring your posts is not an option. As an advocate, I have an ethical obligation to correct the misinformation and false hopes that are being spread, and to warn when one is being used for an ulterior motive.

All of these points just reminded me how happy I am that I am no longer obsessed with becoming hearing and some of this stuff is scaring me into staying as a Deaf person. :deaf:

I agree!!!

This guy has started a total of 3 threads trying to shake us.

I need stem cells because the girl I met last night apparently like guys with hairy ears.

I want to impress her.

Oh... those hairs are not stereocilia?

Then why the hell people don't trim them? What's the bloody benefit? It's GROSS!

Back