Adult stem cell is happening right now to cure hearing loss!

And that's not all! If you call within the next 15 minutes, we'll send you a second set of stem cells for spare parts! All for the low, low price of 29.99!

you should've typed in ALL CAPS to honor billy mays.

Although stem cell therapy has a few practical applications and considerable promise, there is no reason to believe that EmCell, Medra, the Brain Therapeutics Medical Clinic, Vita Nova, the Beijing Xishan Institute for Neuroregeneration and Functional Recovery, or any other commercial stem-cell clinic are providing it as a legitimate service. Their theories and methods are simplistic; their treatments may have adverse effects; they offer no credible outcome data; and their promises go far beyond what is now possible.

http://www.quackwatch.org/06ResearchProjects/stemcell.html

How Quackery Sells

Twenty-Five Ways to Spot Quacks and Vitamin Pushers

Vulnerability to Quackery

Jillio-
1. In regard to your comment: "The only stem cell that is not specialized is at the embryonic stage." This is incorrect. "There are now 3 adult stem cell types that are pluripotent." Pluripotent is the same as undifferentiated or "non-specialized" as you put it. Since there are non-specialized adult stem cells, the path of regression is not required for treatment, only for research. Does that make sense? "Adult cells" do not need to be regressed because there are 3 of them that are non-specialized.

2. Most of these 20 - 30 articles showing the benefits of adult stem cells if not all ARE reputable, peer reviewed journal articles:
STEM CELLS AND HEARING LOSS - A BRIEF HISTORY

3. Most of these 2,090 articles ARE also from reputable, peer reviewed journal articles:
SCHOLARLY PAPERS CONTAINING ADULT "STEM CELLS" AND "HEARING LOSS" WITHOUT THE WORD "EMBRYONIC"

4. A random sampling of reputable, peer reviewed sources...
American Journal of Pathology
Gonda Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, House Ear Institute,
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - Center for Basic Neuroscience
University of Southern California Medical School - Department of Cell and Neurobiology
NeuroReport:Auditory and Vestibular Systems
Cell Transplantation
Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery
University of Washington in Seattle
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
Medical University of South Carolina/Children’s Hospital Boston
"Departments of Otolaryngology and Neurosurgery, Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Stem Cell Institute, and Bioengineering, University of Minnesota"
ENT Depertment, Hippokrateion General Hospital of Athens, Greece
Otology & Neurotology
Cell Transplantation

5. I just found a few more articles on "Hair Cell Regeneration" but I apologize, I don't have time to go through them today:
Baird, R. A., Steyger, P. S., & Schuff, N. R. (1996) Mitotic and nonmitotic hair cell regeneration in the bullfrog vestibular otolith organs. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 781, 59–70.

Bermingham, N. B., Hassan, B. A., Price, S. D., Vollrath, M. A., & Ben-Arie, N. et al. (1999). Math1: An essential gene for the generation of inner ear hair cells. Science, 284, 1837–1841.

Breuskin, I., Bodson, M., Thelen, N., Thiry, M., Nguyen, L., & Belachew, et al. (2008). Strategies to regenerate hair cells: Identification of progenitors and critical genes. Hearing Research, 236(1-2), 1–10.

Bryant, J., Goodyear, R., & Richardson, G. P. (2002). Sensory organ development in the inner ear: molecular and cellular mechanisms. British Medical Bulletin, 63, 39–57.

Coleman, B., de Silva, M. &Shepherd, R. K. (2007). Concise review: the potential of stem cells for auditory neuron generation and replacement. Stem Cells, 25(11), 2685–94.

Corwin, J. T. & Cotanche, D. A. (1988). Regeneration of sensory hair cells after acoustic trauma. Science, 240(4860), 1772–1774.

Izumikawa, J., Minoda, R., Kawamoto, K., Abrashkin, K. A., Swiderski, D. L., & Dolan, D. F. (2005). Auditory hair cell replacement and hearing improvement by Atoh1 gene therapy in deaf mammals. Natural Medicine, 11(3), 271–76.

Kawamoto, K., Ishimoto, S., Minoda, R., Brough, D. E., & Raphael, Y. (2003). Math1 gene transfer generates new cochlear hair cells in mature guinea pigs in vivo. Journal of Neuroscience, 23(11), 4395–4400.

Kelley, M. W. (2002). Determination and commiment of mechanosensory hair cells. The Scientific World Journal, 2, 1079–1094.

Li, H., & Heller, S. (2003). Pluripotent stem cells from the adult mouse inner ear. Natural Medicine, 9(10), 1293–9.

Ryals, B. M. & Rubel, E. W. (1988). Hair cell regeneration after acoustic trauma in adult cotumix quail. Science, 40, 1774-76.

Staecker, H., Praetorius, M., Kim, B., & Douglas, D. E. (2007). Vestibular hair cell regeneration and restoration of balance function induced by math1 gene transfer. Otology & Neurotology, 28(2), 223–31.

Stone, J., & Cotanche, D. (2007). Hair cell regeneration in the avian auditory epithelium. International Journal of Developmental Biology, 51, 633–647.

Zine, A., & de Ribaupierre, F. (2002). Notch/Notch ligands and Math1 expression patterns in the organ of Corti of wild-type and Hes1 and Hes5 mutant mice. Hearing Research, 170(1-2), 22–31.

6. These people who wrote the articles are scientists.

7. These people who make up the Science Advisory Board are also scientists.

RSCI Deputy Chairman, Shimon Slavin, MD
Professor of Medicine/Medical & Scientific Director
International Center for Cell Therapy & Cancer Immunotherapy(CTCI)

Dr. Zannos G. Grekos, MD, FAAC
Director of Cardiology & Vascular Disease, Regenocyte Therapeutic
Assistant Clinical Professor, Nova Southeastern University

Dr. Kitipan V. Arom
Associate Professor of Surgery
MD, PhD, FACS, FACC, FACCP, FR

If you need help finding anything specific, just give me a shout - dsgrano@gmail.com

Please refrain from disrespectful comments like "duh!" I don't know you, yet I'll always treat you with respect. I'd ask the same of you. It also downgrades the level of communication from open exchange of ideas to one-up-man-ship and bashing. Thanks.

Actually, to be correct, there are 3 adult cells that can be regressed back to a pluripotent stage. It has yet to be determined whether that regression makes them suitable for transplantation in anything other than a laboratory setting.

I will refrain from making comments such as "duh" if you will refrain from the patronizing act of rephrasing what I have just said in order to make it appear that you are correcting what was stated correctly to begin with.

Since you are so concerned with respect, you might also want to consider the level of disrespect it takes for an entire culture to infiltrate a deaf message board with posts that imply that deafness is tragic and limiting condition. A scientifically based board that subscribes to the medical view of deafness would be more appropriate for such discussions. The vast majority here subscribe to the cultural and linquistic view of deafness, and don't believe that they have an illness that needs to be cured.

Caps lock is cruise control for cool. BASTARD! the forum software lowercases everything

The website doesnt seem legit, but I am interested in this yes.

You are one of the few on Alldeaf who is interested besides myself. However on other forums and blogs, tons and tons of people are interested. There was a poll and 60% have shown interest. This amounts to millions of deaf/HOH who plan to get stem cells.

if they provide an OFF switch which I can use anytime, then maybe...

Simply turn your HA off or remove HA. Ill be able to do this even after stem cells, ill just hear better with HA.

No, I am just happy to be me just like KristinaB. I just want to be natural, no CI or stemcell. :roll:

I choose stem cells over CI because stem cells is all natural.

I actually think that stem cell treatment will only be useful for hearing loss caused by autoimmune disorders.

I emailed the stem cell centers and they can treat anyone with a healthy cochlea and auditory nerve. If stem cells won't work for you, a CI won't work either as ive learned.

No. They didn't base their research on embryonic stem cells which is a relatively new field of study. They based their research on the fact that birds have the ability to self-regenerate new ear hair cells if it becomes damaged. Scientists realized this about 12 years ago or so and began investigating as to why this is the case and why mammals are unable to do this.

In this research they use adult stem cells, your *own* adult stem cells and not embryonic or stem cells donated from other people

They also say cord blood stem cells works great.

stemcellblogger, I have some questions you and others can answer:

Hello, I got an email from a stem cell lab. They recommend cord blood stem cells and to insert by IV 20 million of them(single dose) into your arm. I learned the following facts in my email:

"If the IV route is chosen, 20 million CD34+ human umbilical cord and placental stem cells are employed." My question: I was wondering if 20 million SC is a typical dosage for someone with hearing loss and no other disorders/conditions. How many db improvement in hearing could be expected based on that dosage and is improvement linear in respect to dose? Chloe got 600 million fat-derived autologous SC to treat her hearing loss and autoimmune disease(s).

"Fat tissue derived stem cells would likely be of little utility in regenerating cochlear tissue." My question: How did it help Chloe's hearing loss? Would cord blood stem cells be better?

"But again, priming any stem cell to become hair cells and then implanting it into the middle ear is potentially dangerous. A safer route if to implant or IV in pure cord blood stem cells plus placental stem cells." My question: So cord blood SC is the best and safest way to go? Is it as safe as autologous SC?

"There are two options: Direct implantation in the cochlear area via the tympanic membrane by a highly experienced ENT surgeon. This is highly experimental and the outcome is unknown. The other option is IV infusion." My question: Would the improvement be the same? Would there be a risk of losing hearing by direct implantation?

Thanks for reading, im also learning about stem cells, id like to be treated for hearing loss soon.

You are one of the few on Alldeaf who is interested besides myself. However on other forums and blogs, tons and tons of people are interested. There was a poll and 60% have shown interest. This amounts to millions of deaf/HOH who plan to get stem cells.

Simply turn your HA off or remove HA. Ill be able to do this even after stem cells, ill just hear better with HA.

I choose stem cells over CI because stem cells is all natural.

I emailed the stem cell centers and they can treat anyone with a healthy cochlea and auditory nerve. If stem cells won't work for you, a CI won't work either as ive learned.

They also say cord blood stem cells works great.

stemcellblogger, I have some questions you and others can answer:

Hello, I got an email from a stem cell lab. They recommend cord blood stem cells and to insert by IV 20 million of them(single dose) into your arm. I learned the following facts in my email:

"If the IV route is chosen, 20 million CD34+ human umbilical cord and placental stem cells are employed." My question: I was wondering if 20 million SC is a typical dosage for someone with hearing loss and no other disorders/conditions. How many db improvement in hearing could be expected based on that dosage and is improvement linear in respect to dose? Chloe got 600 million fat-derived autologous SC to treat her hearing loss and autoimmune disease(s).

"Fat tissue derived stem cells would likely be of little utility in regenerating cochlear tissue." My question: How did it help Chloe's hearing loss? Would cord blood stem cells be better?

"But again, priming any stem cell to become hair cells and then implanting it into the middle ear is potentially dangerous. A safer route if to implant or IV in pure cord blood stem cells plus placental stem cells." My question: So cord blood SC is the best and safest way to go? Is it as safe as autologous SC?

"There are two options: Direct implantation in the cochlear area via the tympanic membrane by a highly experienced ENT surgeon. This is highly experimental and the outcome is unknown. The other option is IV infusion." My question: Would the improvement be the same? Would there be a risk of losing hearing by direct implantation?

Thanks for reading, im also learning about stem cells, id like to be treated for hearing loss soon.

Show me ANYWHERE that says that. That all types of SN hearing loss can be helped, not just this one case.

I'm very interested in this case. It's understandable that none of you want to be part of this to cure hearing loss, but I do.

To understand this, I'm not doing this for anyone else, but doing this for me. I couldn't bear to hear what's going on, for that, I want to hear everything before I passed away.

Is that wrong for me to wish that I want to hear it again?

Nothing wrong with that. It is a given that regenerative medicine will be the medical field of the future to help address hundreds of different types of medical conditions, including sensorineural hearing loss. It's not a matter of if but when and that is fast becoming a reality.

Nothing wrong with that. It is a given that regenerative medicine will be the medical field of the future to help address hundreds of different types of medical conditions, including sensorineural hearing loss. It's not a matter of if but when and that is fast becoming a reality.

Wait until Shari is going to hear this. She will be VERY thrilled to hear the news about this, ever since she like me so much, she knew that it's painstaking for me not to hearing the sounds.

Plus, she already knew that I wanna to hear her sexy voice and all. I'm the reason why she's smiling a lot every time I see her in the person. I will be back with her reaction to this news once I come to visit in Washington NC next month.

Show me ANYWHERE that says that. That all types of SN hearing loss can be helped, not just this one case.

There is only one type of SNHL. The causes to SNHL can be different but the end result is the same. SNHL means you are missing the hair cells responsible for sounds. A CI uses electrodes to substitute for hair cells while stem cells actually replaces your missing hair cells. Me and others have been in contact with the stem cell centers and they can help all of us as long as we aren't missing a cochlea or auditory nerve and have no inner ear infection. Chloe is the first high profile case but there have been about 50 others treated so far.

I don't understand why you are so negetive towards stem cells for hair cell regeneration. You aren't deaf/Deaf but hearing and know how important the ability to hear sounds/speech is. Stem cells is giving me a good chance of at least being partially hearing. Why would I not want that? There's no guarantee with CI and I know very well that there's no guarantee with stem cells either. I also know that everyone is different and responds differently. Chloe's results is not an indicator/predicator of how well I or anyone will respond. We will find out how well stem cells works for me. If it doesn't work, I still keep my residual hearing and will keep making do with what I am able to hear.

I'm very interested in this case. It's understandable that none of you want to be part of this to cure hearing loss, but I do.

To understand this, I'm not doing this for anyone else, but doing this for me. I couldn't bear to hear what's going on, for that, I want to hear everything before I passed away.

Is that wrong for me to wish that I want to hear it again?

Your first post said you wish to be the first Deaf president. What changed your mind and caused you to decide to get stem cells? Were you born deaf? What is your degree of hearing loss, how much do you benefit from HAs and did you ever consider a CI in the past?

There is only one type of SNHL. The causes to SNHL can be different but the end result is the same. SNHL means you are missing the hair cells responsible for sounds. A CI uses electrodes to substitute for hair cells while stem cells actually replaces your missing hair cells. Me and others have been in contact with the stem cell centers and they can help all of us as long as we aren't missing a cochlea or auditory nerve and have no inner ear infection. Chloe is the first high profile case but there have been about 50 others treated so far.

I don't understand why you are so negetive towards stem cells for hair cell regeneration. You aren't deaf/Deaf but hearing and know how important the ability to hear sounds/speech is. Stem cells is giving me a good chance of at least being partially hearing. Why would I not want that? There's no guarantee with CI and I know very well that there's no guarantee with stem cells either. I also know that everyone is different and responds differently. Chloe's results is not an indicator/predicator of how well I or anyone will respond. We will find out how well stem cells works for me. If it doesn't work, I still keep my residual hearing and will keep making do with what I am able to hear.

Your first post said you wish to be the first Deaf president. What changed your mind and caused you to decide to get stem cells? Were you born deaf? What is your degree of hearing loss, how much do you benefit from HAs and did you ever consider a CI in the past?

I am negative because I believe it is snake oil. I don't think it is safe OR effective. I think the people who are selling this are liars and the technology isn't ready for the public. I believe it will be MANY more years before it is proven to work, and those who go too early will be tricked and their money taken for something that doesn't work, or worse yet, will make them very ill.

faire_jour:
I am negative because I believe it is snake oil. I don't think it is safe OR effective. I think the people who are selling this are liars and the technology isn't ready for the public. I believe it will be MANY more years before it is proven to work, and those who go too early will be tricked and their money taken for something that doesn't work, or worse yet, will make them very ill.

I wholeheartedly agree with you in some respects. I work in an industry that is very similar to the state of stem cells right now. There is no regulation. It's permeated by those that ARE Snake Oil salesmen. These snake oil salesmen promise the world and don't deliver, giving the rest of us trying to do honest work a bad name. The key to getting great results is finding the right person/company to do the job. If they don't do the job correctly, then the efforts have failed and the worst you have is a bunch of money missing and nothing to show for it. And, hopefully your business didn't suffer as a result of incompetence. It's known as online marketing. It's frustrating for many of us that are in the business to do good for people because many of them have been burned by unscrupulous companies and have seen unscrupulous companies take advantage of people for nothing other than greed. People can be turned around, however, when they see that you have gotten others proven results and can walk the talk and that you aren't scamming them.

I believe it's a similar state of the industry for stem cells today. Here we have the greatest healing technology known to man, and it's being ruined by idiots with greedy fingers that want to get their hands on all the money and run away with it. So, they'll setup seedy stem cell clinics that promise to have them when in fact they may have nothing more than a placebo. Stem cells already works today, but the problem is finding a clinic that is reliable, reputable, and NOT a snake oil center.

I believe stem cells do work and as long as you do your homework, your due diligence, and find a reputable company that isn't in the snake oil business, their treatment will work. While it's not a panacea, stem cells can only help.

How do you explain Chloe's high profile success as well as the success of others? How do you explain stem cells treating blindness and many other conditions which thousands so far have gotten treated? I am going to have to disagree with you because stem cells is available now. People have been saying "many years" now alot of people are saying "its around the corner" ever since Chloe's case. The timeframe has been way overestimated. I am getting stem cells in a reputable clinic. It's true there's alot of fraudsters out there and one must do their research.

You are correct that this technology isn't available in America, but you can thank Bush for this. Other countries are treating people everyday with stem cells for all kinds of conditions. There is the risk of stem cells not working and you are out your money, but life is full of risks and people take risks everyday.

What would your stance be on stem cells if I am a success case and experience an improvement in my hearing? Ill be blogging all about it and showing audiograms, photos, descriptions, etc.

I believe it's a similar state of the industry for stem cells today. Here we have the greatest healing technology known to man, and it's being ruined by idiots with greedy fingers that want to get their hands on all the money and run away with it. So, they'll setup seedy stem cell clinics that promise to have them when in fact they may have nothing more than a placebo. Stem cells already works today, but the problem is finding a clinic that is reliable, reputable, and NOT a snake oil center.

I believe stem cells do work and as long as you do your homework, your due diligence, and find a reputable company that isn't in the snake oil business, their treatment will work. While it's not a panacea, stem cells can only help.

Haven't seen you in a long time! I am looking at reputable companies, Nepsis looks to be one such example. They are offering a 50% discount for pioneers and are honest and upfront about results being different for different people and some may only get a partial improvement or even no improvement. I have seen Chloe's success and spoke to that stem cell center and got all the facts. My parents are very excited at the prospects that I am likley to get stem cells soon and face a good chance of a partial improvement in my hearing.

@deafdude1:
Haven't seen you in a long time! I am looking at reputable companies, Nepsis looks to be one such example. They are offering a 50% discount for pioneers and are honest and upfront about results being different for different people and some may only get a partial improvement or even no improvement. I have seen Chloe's success and spoke to that stem cell center and got all the facts. My parents are very excited at the prospects that I am likley to get stem cells soon and face a good chance of a partial improvement in my hearing.

Impressive!!! I'm speaking to RNL BIO and they've told me that they believe they can help my hearing loss. According to my mom my loss occurred in a very similar fashion to Chloe's when I was a kid (constant ear infections w/one major sickness/high fever that destroyed the rest of it). Only our time frames are different (hers over 3 years - mine over 25+ years). As soon as they look at my medical records and I get clearance for the treatment I'm going to have it done. They're suspicious that I have autoimmune hearing loss based on what I told them so we'll see how this works out.

Needless to say my parents are excited as well.

Back