ABC Cards

so, you have never had a supposedly deaf person walk up to you and try to give you an ABC card? I have. Most of those people are not even deaf. It's fun to start signing to them and watch them run away. At the same time It's really sad too.

It probably happened to me, But i never really knew it had a name towards it. But an incident with this kind of thing happened to me probably a month ago but i have no clue if its the ABC card so you'll have to tell me.

I was hanging out in drumline, getting ready for practice and getting my board set up. And 2 freshmans came up to me and asked me how to sign "Make me a sandwich." And I showed it to them and they basically ran off to basically kind of make fun of one of my new friends who is also a freshman. And I didn't know that they were going to do that. Is that something like the ABC card? like showing hearing people the bad words in sign and then them making fun of it or something?

The ABC card is an actual card with the manual alphabet printed on it on one side and the other side something about helping the poor deaffie. Usually its a beggar looking for a handout and hands you a card hoping you would give them some money for it.

The ABC card is an actual card with the manual alphabet printed on it on one side and the other side something about helping the poor deaffie. Usually its a beggar looking for a handout and hands you a card hoping you would give them some money for it.

ooh okay, makes sense. It probably happened to me before, but no beggars have been looking for any handouts from me. Usually if i see one i would act busy by "pretending" to talk on the phone.

Apologies if there's already been a thread started on this. I'm curious, how do you react to someone coming up to you and asking you to buy one of their ABC cards?

I have mixed feelings on this.
Me, too.

It probably happened to me, But i never really knew it had a name towards it. But an incident with this kind of thing happened to me probably a month ago but i have no clue if its the ABC card so you'll have to tell me.

I was hanging out in drumline, getting ready for practice and getting my board set up. And 2 freshmans came up to me and asked me how to sign "Make me a sandwich." And I showed it to them and they basically ran off to basically kind of make fun of one of my new friends who is also a freshman. And I didn't know that they were going to do that. Is that something like the ABC card? like showing hearing people the bad words in sign and then them making fun of it or something?

It's like glorified begging - a person walks up to you and gives you a little card showing how to sign the ABCs and asks for donations.

Back