A simple message...

I do know that at my local Walgreens where I get prescriptions for myself, my husband, my mother, my MIL, and both my kids, they only requested my ID once. Other than that, the pharmacy has a signed, notarized statement from MIL that it is okay for me to get her prescriptions as it is hard for her to get into the car often. For the last 3 years, I have picked up all prescriptions, including controlled medicines, I have not had to show ID. Just the other day, I had to pick up Valium for hubby (2 little pills) and no ID required.

I do know that at my local Walgreens where I get prescriptions for myself, my husband, my mother, my MIL, and both my kids, they only requested my ID once. Other than that, the pharmacy has a signed, notarized statement from MIL that it is okay for me to get her prescriptions as it is hard for her to get into the car often. For the last 3 years, I have picked up all prescriptions, including controlled medicines, I have not had to show ID. Just the other day, I had to pick up Valium for hubby (2 little pills) and no ID required.

If you are well known to the pharmacy staff then they can confirm who you are, you still have to sign the log book.

Thanks for share about your experience.

I forgot about Klonopin and they are on DEA controlled substance so they don't ask me for ID either.

I used Target as my primary pharmacy for daily medicine, sometime, I pick the medicine from local pharmacy (not chain).

If you are well known to the pharmacy staff then they can confirm who you are, you still have to sign the log book.

Are you dispute my post #60?

I'm not try to argue with you but I just tried to tell you that pharmacices could different way to register without ask for ID. I do recognize your post and it seems not me or your problem if they don't register, if they violate the law so it is their problem. If you are too concerned so you could call DEA or make complaint to them.

Back in 80's and 90's, nearly all cold medicines have pseudoephedrine (PSE) and some contain phenylpropanolamine so they used to sold without ask for ID and they located in over the counter. It isn't existed anymore because people used a lot of those medicines to cook the meth and they abused with that so federal and state have jump in to tighten the regulation. I'm not happy about people abused it and force most drug companies to reformulate the cold medicine to contain phenylephrine, that is ineffective for decongestant. I used Tylenol Cold medicine - my most favorite medicine during teenager when contain PSE but they reformulate to ineffective decongestant in 2005 or 2006 so I don't use anymore because it doesn't work at all. I'm blaming at meth dealers and meth addiction to abuse that cause damage to patients who need effective decongestant to treat the congestion due to colds, allergies, etc.

One of the meds that I take for my frequent migraines is one of the most powerful on the market. All pharmacies gave me a lot of trouble about picking them up. They still do.

Ouch, I used to had migraine during summertime due to hot and humid weather.

I wish that I could move to west coast that where heat is much less, especially Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland and SF, however it is still bad to all part of US during heatwave.

DC, Chicago, Atlanta, Florida, Dallas and Birmingham are too hot and humid weather during summer that trigger migraine.

Wirelessly posted

I would hate to see some of these pharmacies get audited.

I have to show a picture ID, confirm my birthday, and sign my name at my pharmacy when I pick up my prescriptions.

9 times out of 10, I pick up our meds at the drive-thru window, even drop them off there....Still, I'm required to give my DOB and address, no matter what the meds are.....and at times, show my ID also, (If it's a controlled substance). I feel it's a good law, and would not allow anyone to pick up my meds, never knowing they could commit forgery...

I also, at the window, when I receive my meds, I count the pills.....and have the person working the window watch me (especially if they are pain pills and a controlled substance). As in times past, I was "shorted" a few pills from my prescription. It could have been a mistake by the Pharmacist, or a worker stealing the pills for their own use.

9 times out of 10, I pick up our meds at the drive-thru window, even drop them off there....Still, I'm required to give my DOB and address, no matter what the meds are.....and at times, show my ID also, (If it's a controlled substance). I feel it's a good law, and would not allow anyone to pick up my meds, never knowing they could commit forgery...

I also, at the window, when I receive my meds, I count the pills.....and have the person working the window watch me (especially if they are pain pills and a controlled substance). As in times past, I was "shorted" a few pills from my prescription. It could have been a mistake by the Pharmacist, or a worker stealing the pills for their own use.

In bold, I'm on opposite, they don't ask DOB, address, ID, even controlled substances.

I only have to sign the electronic signature before I get medicines, if computer fails to work so I have sign on paper, nothing is new.

Hi all
Where I live in the UK, we don't even use a zip code, cos we all know each other :)
The last time I showed an ID card was when I was in the military, 20+ years ago!
We tend to use the old fashioned method, it's called honesty and trust. Well most of us anyway!

I think military pharmacy and VA hospitals are more stricter.

I haven't went to VA hospital since 1992 and haven't used military pharmacy after my father retired from Marines in 1993.

I am glad I don't live in the US!

Really, Pharmacy, bank transactions, Doctors, buying insurance, using a credit card?

Seems like too many places want ID for no good reason.

We also don't need any ID to vote.

The pharmacy is usually only for prescription drugs or for pseudophedrine, because it is often used to make meth.

I only need ID for bank transactions when the bank employee doesn't recognize me. I have never had to show ID to go to the doctor's office. but I do have to show either my insurance card or my ID if I do not want to pay for it myself.

Most stores stop asking for a photo ID when a customer slides a credit card him/herself to make purchases. I don't know why but I think it's a waste of time for them, even though it would help preventing fraud. Oh, well...

The pharmacy is usually only for prescription drugs or for pseudophedrine, because it is often used to make meth.

I only need ID for bank transactions when the bank employee doesn't recognize me. I have never had to show ID to go to the doctor's office. but I do have to show either my insurance card or my ID if I do not want to pay for it myself.

It looks like meth isn't major issue in UK, unlike our country does. :(

Do you heard about any medicines contain phenylpropanolamine? It is dangerous because it could cause stroke in younger people and it was used in OTC cold medicines until FDA ordered drug companies to withdraw.

Most stores stop asking for a photo ID when a customer slides a credit card him/herself to make purchases. I don't know why but I think it's a waste of time for them, even though it would help preventing fraud. Oh, well...

I know serious on risk fraud on not joke you are jail! you are fraud if someone label is risk that is why name real or person reason! that is why id or name or medication everything worlds! that is point!

Back