A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

:lol: Yes just District only. I know it's a real pain tho. Luckily, I can do whatever I want. If I decide to upgrade exhaust pipes then I will have to re-jet the carburetor (this would create balanced fuel/air mixture to run smoothly).

I know it's kinda too much hassle to see them at court. My area where I live, Court are bit different, If I decide to have trial, I am required to hire attorney. Things have changed in my district. I believe the Judge are getting greedy and expected everyone to hire attorney if they want to plead not guilty for citation. Stupid!

I know what you mean about Rich folks. I know rich people don't like loud exhaust, they think you're driving a jalopy or junker and you're a ghetto while they have the quietest luxury cars or SUV. I know of one subdivision in rich area are so picky that they would not allow you to park your car on your own driveway overnight or if you are having party, you must notify HOA few weeks in advanced. Or if your friends or relative staying over, you also notify HOA even if it's your own house and your property that you are paying for, they act like they "own" your property and your life. Their HOA even sued playset company for installing orange slide because it's too bright color. It was big news in my district It's a Nottingham Estate in Leawood, KS (they're snootiest subdivision in the district). I can imagine that If I rode my friend's chopper with a thundering exhaust, they'll call cop and drag me to court just for stupid reason. :booty: :rofl:

I think I saw one of website listed cities and states laws which are for cruisers who want to ride with unbuffered exhaust.

Catty

Its funny these so called rich people buy loud harleys, and build loud old school street rods, but hate anyone else who does the same , I lived in a conservation district in the city ( 1700-1800 homes ) years they were built... and one neighbor complained of the bright colors they were painting the house, he had to go to court and battle the neighborhood..he won, and after that he painted the house brick and all every shade of pink you could imagine just to piss them off as it costed him a small fortune in court... It was a big news story, and I believe it was 1980-1990s when this all took place.... its still all funky colors, he will do every shade of blue, or orange, depending on his mood, he paints the house every couple years... funny as hell.

Its funny these so called rich people buy loud harleys, and build loud old school street rods, but hate anyone else who does the same , I lived in a conservation district in the city ( 1700-1800 homes ) years they were built... and one neighbor complained of the bright colors they were painting the house, he had to go to court and battle the neighborhood..he won, and after that he painted the house brick and all every shade of pink you could imagine just to piss them off as it costed him a small fortune in court... It was a big news story, and I believe it was 1980-1990s when this all took place.... its still all funky colors, he will do every shade of blue, or orange, depending on his mood, he paints the house every couple years... funny as hell.

:rofl:

Yeah, I've seen houses in Kanas City, Mo painted in crazy colors such as hot pink, construction orange, cobalt blue, iridescent purple. Most of their house built in between 1920's to 1950's. No one complain because it's just a ghetto area anyway.

My friend told me that some bikers have exhaust switch that when they go to some districts, they can switch the valve so they can ride really loud. :rofl:

Catty

awesome or what???

Santa Barbara now has its first female motorcycle officer | News - KEYT
female-motorcycle-officer-1.jpg

The Santa Barbara Police Department now has its first female motorcycle officer. After completing a training session that included specific motorcycle drills, and on street rides, Officer Tiffany Keller has qualified to join the motorcycle fleet.

There are now 12 officers, trained to ride motorcycles.

For Keller, it was a goal she's had since joining the force five years ago.

"I've been wanting to ride for a long time. It was a good opportunity to get some real food training more than you would normally would in a public class," said Keller. "We've gone through plenty of parking structures, inclines through the Riviera, which was very interesting because of the different grades."

To complete her certification, Keller had to be able to lift up her 750 pound motorcycle when it was on its side.

She will now be patrolling either in a squad car or on a motorcycle depending on the department's needs.

I am going to work on my motorcycle to remove shaft drive and lubricate it with 60% Moly on one end of Shaft drive that connects to U-joint behind Engine. So that it won't shear the teeth of shaft drive over the time.

If anyone own motorcycle with shaft drive should do same on every tire changes.

Also those who have chain drive, be sure to lubricate chains or remove chain and plop it in coffee can 1/2 full of chain oil for winter storage. One of my friend rode Yamaha V-Star over to my friend's house for party. Group of us gathered around his motorcycle and we spotted burnt chain. We told him that he was supposed to lubricate chain every week. He never knew it. The chain was pretty burnt and some links are scalded. He went :roll: and decide to buy new chain per our advice :rofl: We let him ride my Volusia which have shaft drive and he fell love with it and realized that his V-Star is alot of work and lot of work riding trying to keep bike on road while My Vol is nearly Maintenance free and rides like power steering and kept steady on road :rofl: He kinda regretted that he should have that bike.

Catty

If its legal where you live, then your bike is legal wherever you go ( out of town/out of state ) they have to abide to their district only.
Some cops are asses and will ticket, even tho it will get thrown out but they still make a buck because of legal fees ( attorneys and court costs, let alone waste your time and money)

Now, here is a loophole most dont know about... instead of fixing a ticket..
Tell the officer, " I plan to go to court, see you there"
On the court day, the cop wont reconize you nor remember you since so much time has passed, the judge will throw it out. I was told this by a friend of mine who is a sergent. It works. The cop is losing money because he has to take off work to be in court and he has so much to do he wont remember you, when he cant remember you or what you were riding, the judge will throw it out, Ive done it twice. Loser pays... that means, you dont pay doodly squat.Unless you hire a lawyer to represent you.
I have taken ever baffle I ever had out of every bike I ever owned. Never had an issue anywhere except in some stupid subdivision where those rich folks live ( my buddy lives in one ) I lived in one myself and the neighbor hated me leaving for work at 4am... oh well that or the street rods with blown 350's...lol

Officer Holtzclaw!!! He popped me several years ago for having Yoshimura pipes on my bike! The Yoshis were actually quieter than the stock one. They finally pushed the mothertrucker out last year.

HPD Officer Forced Out For Enforcing Houston City Noise Ordinance! - houston events - backpage.com

I am going to work on my motorcycle to remove shaft drive and lubricate it with 60% Moly on one end of Shaft drive that connects to U-joint behind Engine. So that it won't shear the teeth of shaft drive over the time.

If anyone own motorcycle with shaft drive should do same on every tire changes.

Also those who have chain drive, be sure to lubricate chains or remove chain and plop it in coffee can 1/2 full of chain oil for winter storage. One of my friend rode Yamaha V-Star over to my friend's house for party. Group of us gathered around his motorcycle and we spotted burnt chain. We told him that he was supposed to lubricate chain every week. He never knew it. The chain was pretty burnt and some links are scalded. He went :roll: and decide to buy new chain per our advice :rofl: We let him ride my Volusia which have shaft drive and he fell love with it and realized that his V-Star is alot of work and lot of work riding trying to keep bike on road while My Vol is nearly Maintenance free and rides like power steering and kept steady on road :rofl: He kinda regretted that he should have that bike.

Catty

my mechanic did that already with aircraft-grade lubrication. once you slab that on shaft drive, you're pretty much good for life and never having to do it again.

my mechanic did that already with aircraft-grade lubrication. once you slab that on shaft drive, you're pretty much good for life and never having to do it again.

I agree with you but remmy that dust and moisture (rain and puddles ect) can accumulate inside shaft even if it may be sealed tight. So it's good idea to check time to time.

I have 60% molybdenum grease from Honda dealership that would be suffice for my Vol shaft drive end.

Catty

Yesterday (Friday morning), I just jacked up the motorcycle and removed rear fender and wheel then removed shaft drive. It had no lubricant on its end of spline so I lube it enough on end of spline then insert shaft drive back into shaft hole then wiggle it in till spline slide into U-joint.

Then this morning, I decide to lower swingarm 3 inches down. Originally, I lowered 2 inches then I had an lust to drop about an inch to see what's the difference. I cut metal bars and measured distance of holes of "Dogbone" according to graph chart of inches of drop and distance of hole per inch of drop. I made 2 new "Dogbones" for 3 inches drop. After swapping out dogbones and removed jack off the bike. It look much more sexier and my knee is more bent while my boot planted on pavement :rofl: (It's kinda like sitting on kid's bicycle ) Then I rode around neighborhood and highway. It seem a bit same but rear end closer to ground and notice more crisper turns. Also even it's windy, my bike seem very stable and smooth because fork pitch degree was changed by lowering rear end. I only can ride alone, not 2 up because if anyone ride with me, the tire will hit under rear fender on every bumps (my monoshock was set to maximum hardest setting). So If my wife or my friend wanted to ride with me, I will have to change out dogbones to raise bike just an inch up. There are dogbones in Ebay that have multiple holes that you don't have to change out, just remove bottom bolt and move dogbone according to height of drop or rise then replace bolt and tighten it. The process of dropping or raising takes about half an hour. I wish I can make a crank to quickly rise or lower the bike. I can make one but I do not have any machine or tools to make one.

The link to Ebay is a Baron lowering kit. It only lower from stock to 1" or 2". So does other brands too. If I wanted to make one that from Stock to 3" then I have to make one of my own. I would simply make one with 2 holes on the bottom end instead of 3 holes. I have to use wider metal bars and cut out the shape. If I use 1 1/2" wide x 1/4" metal bar and drill two holes on end, it'll be weak and breaks off. It needed to be wide and more spread apart for strength. I like it 2" and leave it that way and lower it to 3" if I am in mood for :rofl:

My bike can be lowered to 4" "slammed look" but must modify swingarm to lock in its position without monoshock so rear tire won't scrape under rear fender. I don't want to do that because If I lean a turn, either left or right peg would scrape the pavement every time (both side pegs have return springs and it tend to spring back after turns) Not worth it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baron-Rear-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aeecf6542&vxp=mtr

Catty

On Friday afternoon, I cleaned most chromes and body with soap and water and Brillo for cleaning chromes (avoid scrubbing plastic "chrome"). I rode to work on Saturday morning, my co worker walked to me while I removed helmet. He thought I bought a new motorcycle. I told him I cleaned chromes and it look shineyy :rofl: He said it's nice! Then Saturday afternoon, I worked on my motorcycle removing tank and removing couple of chrome cover on top of engine to clean and re-gap the sparkplug ( I use NGK Iridium sparkplugs for my Vol). Then I use Brillo and water to clean the chrome to make it really shiny. Then removed old OEM horn off from tight spot between radiator and engine. Then put all back together except horn. Then I relocated Bad Boy Air horn to lower front left part of motorcycle using horn bracket from OEM horn. I put it near shifter as long as it doesn't interfere movement. Looks better than nothing.

Then I rode it and it seem engine runs better after re-gapping sparkplugs. The repair manual say between .031 to .035 mm and When I removed sparkplugs, it was .036 mm so I tapped sparkplug gap and set it to .032 just between the recommend setting

Catty

me and Rob the Photographer from London (Cyclist Magazine)

482567_10102609601090379_1188711129_n.jpg

just got an email from his colleague (writer) who came together with him
Hi Jiro,

How's it going? NY life back to normal a bit for you after the huge influx
of cyclists?!

Just wanted to thank you again for all your help at the GFNY, we couldn't
have done it without you, and between you and me you made Rob's day... He
shoots for us but hasn't chased a race on a bike before and absolutely loved
it. Keeps talking about motorbikes now!

Anyway, if you're ever in London, need a guide/place to crash or just want a
beer, give us a shout. Will be great to see you again one day!

Have a good one,

James

that just made my day!

terrible weather that day. over 1,000 cyclists did not complete the race.

166060_10102609600591379_1107872337_n.jpg

Last April, I found out that I shouldn't be riding motorcycle till my title is fixed. Because I had an accident last year Oct 2012. My ins. declared it as Salvaged even though it's rideable and fixable. It had to do with cost of parts VS value of my motorcycle. Parts cost more than motorcycle so they considered as Total Loss. I was paid $3k so I can use $$ to buy parts since that I told Ins that I want to keep it. They never told me that I should go to DMV to request for Salvage title. After I got all parts needed for my motorcycle and I rode it ever since till April when my tag sticker expires on May. I tried to renew it online and it won't go in. I called DMV and they told me that motorcycle is Salvaged. I went to DMV and got inspection paper and took it to Inspection. Motorcycle passed the inspection. then I had to wait a month to receive new title "Salvaged" print on it. Then I returned to DMV and gave them pink slip from Inspection and Salvaged Title. They processed and gave me new license plate and sticker. Now I'm back riding.

That's my short story. Actually I had a dramatic story but it's gonna be long. DMV Information desk lady was all drama and scolded me that I am not supposed to ride until title is fixed (I was wearing like a tough biker with motorcycle chap, jacket and dark Rx sunglasses and skullcap which is why she was all drama on me :roll: ). I never knew it until that day. :ugh: Cop pulled me over for illegal U turn and gave me warning and never mentioned about my license plate was invalid. That's why I was clueless till then.

That's why I haven't in AD for a while till now. I am planning to take motorcycle to Arkansas for Motorcycle Road trip. Just me and my wife for fun vacation!!

I bought my wife a nice lady motorcycle chap and gloves on Mother's day. She love em' :giggle:

Catty

Last April, I found out that I shouldn't be riding motorcycle till my title is fixed. Because I had an accident last year Oct 2012. My ins. declared it as Salvaged even though it's rideable and fixable. It had to do with cost of parts VS value of my motorcycle. Parts cost more than motorcycle so they considered as Total Loss. I was paid $3k so I can use $$ to buy parts since that I told Ins that I want to keep it. They never told me that I should go to DMV to request for Salvage title. After I got all parts needed for my motorcycle and I rode it ever since till April when my tag sticker expires on May. I tried to renew it online and it won't go in. I called DMV and they told me that motorcycle is Salvaged. I went to DMV and got inspection paper and took it to Inspection. Motorcycle passed the inspection. then I had to wait a month to receive new title "Salvaged" print on it. Then I returned to DMV and gave them pink slip from Inspection and Salvaged Title. They processed and gave me new license plate and sticker. Now I'm back riding.

That's my short story. Actually I had a dramatic story but it's gonna be long. DMV Information desk lady was all drama and scolded me that I am not supposed to ride until title is fixed (I was wearing like a tough biker with motorcycle chap, jacket and dark Rx sunglasses and skullcap which is why she was all drama on me :roll: ). I never knew it until that day. :ugh: Cop pulled me over for illegal U turn and gave me warning and never mentioned about my license plate was invalid. That's why I was clueless till then.

That's why I haven't in AD for a while till now. I am planning to take motorcycle to Arkansas for Motorcycle Road trip. Just me and my wife for fun vacation!!

I bought my wife a nice lady motorcycle chap and gloves on Mother's day. She love em' :giggle:

Catty

glad that you got everything all resolved! now don't do illegal U-turn again.... (just don't get caught doing it :giggle: )

safe trip to Arkansas! :cool2:

glad that you got everything all resolved! now don't do illegal U-turn again.... (just don't get caught doing it :giggle: )

safe trip to Arkansas! :cool2:

Wasn't paying attention to the sign at night. I spotted laser dot just next to my front tire while I was waiting for green light. I found out it came from traffic light then it turned green and I made U turn then few seconds later I got blue and red light flashing on my mirror. Oh no! What did I do!!

That's my stupid mistake for being fantasticated to laser dot and made Uturn.

Catty

my goodie bag:
1. GoPro Hero3 + Helmet Mount
2. Leatherman Skeletool
3. Givi Monokey E36 Top Case
4. Happy-Trail Plate System (for attaching Givi Top Case)

Currently searching for:
1. leather gloves (Lee Parks is just.... so wonderfully nice)
2. half-helmet

prepping up for Toronto trip next week! will be gone for probably 4+ days.

my goodie bag:
1. GoPro Hero3 + Helmet Mount
2. Leatherman Skeletool
3. Givi Monokey E36 Top Case
4. Happy-Trail Plate System (for attaching Givi Top Case)

Currently searching for:
1. leather gloves (Lee Parks is just.... so wonderfully nice)
2. half-helmet

prepping up for Toronto trip next week! will be gone for probably 4+ days.

I had Leatherman Skeletool before and I love it. Few months later, I lost it. :mad:

Back