A Gun Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

It's bad enough he saw the Bump Fire System. :lol:

WOW! and it's legal! definitely gonna put this on my wish list if I get AR-15

We have a Palmetto State Armory about 25 miles from here. It's just a retail store, no range. By the end of this year we should have a new one built just five miles away, and it will include a range!

I thought you had an AR-15?

nope. I refuse to buy a "NJ-compliant" rifle. NO THANK YOU! I'll just wait till I move to a gun-toting state :lol:

I like the place a lot too. my first time there. clean. spacious. and pretty cool.

I'm not sure what's so sexist about that page. what am I missing?
What to bring to the range:

Two males--driver's license or passport
One male--state issued firearms ID
One female or female with friend--driver's license or passport

Why does one male need a state issued firearms ID but one female does not?

Why does one male need a state issued firearms ID but one female does not?

That seems like a plus/advantage/privilege for the females. I'm sure no males are complaining. Its like going to a bar where females drink for free. :D

Going to try to get to the range tomorrow. Moved my scope up where it should be and sighted it in with the laser bore sight, so it should be fairly close ( its dead centered and just below the "T" ) supposed to hit 2" below at 25 and be dead on at 100. so only adjustment I would need to do is up or down ... Im readyIMG_0881.JPG IMG_0880.JPG

We have a Palmetto State Armory about 25 miles from here. It's just a retail store, no range. By the end of this year we should have a new one built just five miles away, and it will include a range!

Do you have any outdoor private ranges near you? I have one that has a bi-annual 1,000 yard sight in that is open to the public (but very strict rules) as well as a once a month hunter rifle 800 yard sight in as well (also, very strict rules).

the reason i ask, is because a lot of people have never shot past 100 yards (most Wildlife Ranges are 100 yards).

Also, Fort Benning, Georgia has a 300 yard rifle range and we used to be able to compete against an Army sniper (not sure if that is still allowed anymore).

Do you have any outdoor private ranges near you? I have one that has a bi-annual 1,000 yard sight in that is open to the public (but very strict rules) as well as a once a month hunter rifle 800 yard sight in as well (also, very strict rules).

the reason i ask, is because a lot of people have never shot past 100 yards (most Wildlife Ranges are 100 yards).
Most conservations ( in the states ) dont allow long distance shots for hunting... now if you went on a safari, they have various rules... But the DNR wants everyone to take their shots closer for a clean humane kill as well as finding (tracking your game)
Basically 100 yds is a football field length, thats a pretty good distance to watch your game ( and depending on the landscape ) tracking it through thickets and woods....1000 yards = .568 of a mile... thats a pretty good distance.

Last edited:
No restrictions in Maine for long distance hunting shots but most of my hunting is in the bush where you're lucky to see 20 yards. I'm not practiced enough to shoot past 200 for hunting but it's fun on paper!

No restrictions in Maine for long distance hunting shots but most of my hunting is in the bush where you're lucky to see 20 yards. I'm not practiced enough to shoot past 200 for hunting but it's fun on paper!
exactly, youre not sitting in a wide open field to hunt.... so you wont be shooting long distance or as your vision would permit for a clean shot.

10488369_532861346884877_6630449782988273606_n.jpg

What do ya'all like to shoot the most? long gun or handgun? For me, its handguns.

Back