A Brand New Notebook Computer!

Hubby and I just bought (on Thursday) 2 new HP laptops..mine is the HP Pavillion dv6000his is the Pavillion dv9000...They are both great computers..the only differences are: mine is 15" widescreen, his is 17". mine has 160G harddrive, his has 250G. his has a built in cam, mine does not. I am switching to the 9000 because I like the bigger screen, but thats the only reason for me that I want to switch from the 6000. HP are very good computers, we bought them at Best Buy. the dv6000 was $649. the dv9000 was $850.

Ha, even the entire community at Neowin.net, one of the top forums for computing, would probably *laugh* XBGMER out of the forum so fast, he'd have no idea that he have been thrown out!

No problem, but I just wanted to make sure you know the facts thats all. :) If you need to ask me anything about Mac later on, I won't bite. :)
Seq, Yes thank you for bring the facts up I faced and became acknowledge.

Yeah, why MBA can't be upgrade to 4GB? (i just being curious..)

I'm not here to negative at you.

MacBook Pro is only one Mac laptop that you need to play any games, it has GeForce 8600m GT with dedicated 256-512 VRAM, that what I'm currently own like that but only 128 MB VRAM because of previous generation since newer one is last updated in Feb 2008.
The Apple Store (U.S.) - MacBook Pro

You have optional to install XP or Vista on Mac under Bootcamp, it support native speed and full hardware driver, even can use other driver for graphic card than stock driver.
xponmac-start2.gif

img_1789.jpg
Yeah, I am aware of Macbook is capable with windows, but I ain't knowledge about Macbook hardwares and stuffs.. like Seq said in his posts.. I knew why the windows running on apple. Mmm.. thank you for link.. anyway..

No, Macbooks are not best for PRO GAMERS.

But guess what? There's more to life than gaming. :D
Yes, I ain't surprise that.. like Seq said it in his posts. :D

Like I said "Just dont take recommend from XBGMER because it's not true."
Why you said as repetitive statements in your post #88 and here ? I suspect that you have schizophrenia, mental case or something.. no need to repetitive statements like that..

Let me rehearse: you better re-read my post #85

thank you..

I agree wholeheartly with you! I am not a pro gamer so why bother with that?
Seq, there is no reason to borther with that.

Two members who were agree to disagree against gaming laptop that what I figured. I recently find out that they are macbook users and suspectly that they are anti-any brand gaming window laptops that I can tell... (however I don't know if they have own their macbook). anyway thats how they brought it up whichever i bring it up.

So if they can make this separation happen, they should. But if they can't, then the two members need to agree to disagree and move on.

Hubby and I just bought (on Thursday) 2 new HP laptops..mine is the HP Pavillion dv6000his is the Pavillion dv9000...They are both great computers..the only differences are: mine is 15" widescreen, his is 17". mine has 160G harddrive, his has 250G. his has a built in cam, mine does not. I am switching to the 9000 because I like the bigger screen, but thats the only reason for me that I want to switch from the 6000. HP are very good computers, we bought them at Best Buy. the dv6000 was $649. the dv9000 was $850.
Yeah, definitely hp laptop is great products. If you brought hp laptop, you will never feeling any regrets. :D .. thats good deal what you guys got those what best buy offered. Yes Your husband's 17'inch laptop is awesome widescreen. But you said your 15' laptop is widescreen? I believe that 15.4, isn't it?

I hope you exchange it for dv9000. wish you the best luck and enjoy with your new toy. Ha

Ha, even the entire community at Neowin.net, one of the top forums for computing, would probably *laugh* XBGMER out of the forum so fast, he'd have no idea that he have been thrown out!
what? excuse me?? Neowin.net is top of the forums for computers? I honestly tell you, i don't familiar with site nor never hear name of forum site.. I recently visit the site, ohhhh i see that.. I notice that they are compulsives preoccupy with browser, applications and softwares, others.. Therefore "netwin.net is not definitely specified forums one of top forums for mainly laptop hardware, review.. mm what are you talk about?? ::scratch head:: mmm... oh ok.. I have been visit another main notebook forums only already.. but thank you for link.. anyway... move on..

Yeah, I am aware of Macbook is capable with windows, but I ain't knowledge about Macbook hardwares and stuffs.. like Seq said in his posts.. I knew why the windows running on apple. Mmm.. thank you for link.. anyway..

Ok, what kind of video chipset and CPU that you using in your laptop?

There's some reason about laptop don't get overheat.

And... on a campus where computers are everywhere, they just send themselves the homework through email. I did. ;)

(RIT has a computer lab in almost every building. So, I simply send myself my homework from my computer and go to the computer lab to download it and print it. Certainly a lot better than having to spend money on a USB. What if your USB or disk messes up? You're screwed.) ;)

Lol screwed, very true. My experience is one of my staff's flash drive got screwed *luckily nothing serious data in there which I already asked.*. Then for better idea, I set up to all of user's accounts via Active Directory and have them synchronizes to their own flash drives to the secured file server for data back up if necessarily to their choice.

Speaking of RIT, *Sorry if I'm off the point in this thread* I been there few years ago for the open house. Very big buildings and nice technology over there! Learn anything interesting over there?

Why you said as repetitive statements in your post #88 and here ? I suspect that you have schizophrenia, mental case or something.. no need to repetitive statements like that..

Let me rehearse: you better re-read my post #85

thank you..

You don't get it? YOU keep post the error info about apple hardware.

I don't recommend to listen what you said. You were insulting to me is pointless.

Ok, what kind of video chipset and CPU that you using in your laptop?

There's some reason about laptop don't get overheat.
PAC, I honestly tell you with my heart, I don't worry about CPU, but its depend on what kind of brand graphic card built-in laptop. However, CPU not important to me (it strongly entitled my opinion). Anyway, I heavy using it lots, My current laptop havent any overheat or downlocked nor shutdown (becuz of overheat) at all since 2005.

I already posted it in another thread: The Computer!, check it yourself.. ;)

XGAMBER - Where can I find the SP1 pack online, is it possible to have it downloaded for my Windows Vista, no?

Seq, Yes thank you for bring the facts up I faced and became acknowledge.

Yeah, why MBA can't be upgrade to 4GB? (i just being curious..)

It's because it is so thin and plus the memory chips are soldered to the logic board. You cannot remove or upgrade memory on it. It would probably go obselete in a few years when programs and the OS demand for more memory than 2 GB.

XGAMBER - Where can I find the SP1 pack online, is it possible to have it downloaded for my Windows Vista, no?
Yeah, I just purchased Vista home premium softwares box come with SP1 from store. I believe you can download it on your PC for update like other member said in POST #110. ;) But what's your OS version of vista like beginner, basic or home premium??

It's because it is so thin and plus the memory chips are soldered to the logic board. You cannot remove or upgrade memory on it. It would probably go obselete in a few years when A) programs and the OS demand for more memory than 2 GB.
Sep, million thanks for reply! Yes that is make sense about memory chip already soldered on mainboard.

A) Yes, exactly ACCURATE!!! thank you perfect!! like you said what I trying to tell some people. they said CPU is important... I was like what the signification about CPU? I just like forget and move on, because they have no idea what they talk about. I felt no need to be flame drama with them around in thread. I was like let them babble and mock on me around..

Very sorry: this is kind of off-topic..

Bro, I am here to help you getta V-SP1. please check the VISTA SP1 for yourself.. there you read it before download it or not ;)

Let people stick this thread. :)

I am dreaming of new Mac Pro tower in my home I wish! This one will give me very blaze advantage of power tools like I want is zip in few seconds because my future photography with RAW composition requires horsepower chip and large memory. Buy me for Christmas present ahahahah!!!

towergi3.jpg

By owlstarry at 2008-04-2

PAC, I honestly tell you with my heart, I don't worry about CPU, but its depend on what kind of brand graphic card built-in laptop. However, CPU not important to me (it strongly entitled my opinion). Anyway, I heavy using it lots, My current laptop havent any overheat or downlocked nor shutdown (becuz of overheat) at all since 2005.

I already posted it in another thread: The Computer!, check it yourself.. ;)

Ok, I checked out and found that your laptop using onboard video card, known as integrated card and it's not for pro gaming, also more less heat, that why.
Notebookcheck: ATI Radeon Xpress 200M

CPU and RAM (graphic card for desktop only) in combined is important for me, you know that latest CPU model (such as Core 2 Duo) are more energy efficient, less nanometer, less heat, allow laptop to be more thinner and less power consumption (more longer battery), even it's good if you concern about battery and heat. You can feel overheat when you touch your hand on bottom of laptop, it's more common if you play latest games, such as Crysis.

Most laptop on market are Intel GMA for Intel based laptop and Radeon Xpress or GeForce Go (not higher than 7200, 8200) for AMD based laptop.

btw, I'm not criticize on your opinion, just respect your preference.

Very sorry: this is kind of off-topic..

Bro, I am here to help you getta V-SP1. please check the VISTA SP1 for yourself.. there you read it before download it or not ;)

Let people stick this thread. :)

I'll take the blame, apologises for veering off topic. Please continue, ladies.

Im screwed

Ok, I checked out and found that your laptop using onboard video card, known as integrated card and it's not for pro gaming, also more less heat, that why.

CPU and RAM (graphic card for desktop only) in combined is important for me, you know that latest CPU model (such as Core 2 Duo) are more energy efficient, less nanometer, less heat, allow laptop to be more thinner and less power consumption (more longer battery), even it's good if you concern about battery and heat. You can feel overheat when you touch your hand on bottom of laptop, it's more common if you play latest games, such as Crysis.

Most laptop on market are Intel GMA for Intel based laptop and Radeon Xpress or GeForce Go (not higher than 7200, 8200) for AMD based laptop.

Ati 200M kind part of chipset and much less than GPU card for heat and watts but pretty slow. I bet he only can play game is Doom.

Ati 200M kind part of chipset and much less than GPU card for heat and watts but pretty slow. I bet he only can play game is Doom.

or The Sims (original version), Sim City 3, Red Faction, Oni, UT, NFS, Starcraft, and any old games from 90's and early 2000's.

Radon 200m is very similar to faster ATI Rage or GeForce 2.

Last edited:

PAC- Notebook link is awesome site!, it is from europe site.. but I like it.. thank you for throw the link on me! ;)

Yeah I aware that my Laptop is not full gaming 100% before I purchased. I dislike Intel videocard, I wanted ati graphic card built-in laptop instead of intel GC. ;) ... For reason, I was hurried to buy the new laptop replaced the broken screen laptop.

Anyway, I am huge fan of GeForce video card. I am ready looking for advance/ high-end gaming laptop like alienware or voodoo come with GeForce video card. :D

I'll take the blame, apologises for veering off topic. Please continue, ladies.

Im screwed
Ha Ha, you are excellent sense of humor.. .... (I hope your os is everything ok!)

Back