6 Outrageously Overpriced Products

Yeah, but you notice you can't do that with farms? Ain't that hell?

wow, thinking of that... you really cant. hmm wow.

except if you take some acreage to sell as lots, and fix it up... but that is not keeping it a farm..

come to west NJ. plenty of farms for ya'all to buy and flip it. My friend's living in a renovated barn. I think 5 rooms in a barn. rent's about $1200-$1800 each per month. Once a year - the host rents his property for hot air balloon festival.

6-outrageously-overpriced-products: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Hmmm, I can think of other overpriced products, can you? Really, the number one item is gasoline. Can you think of others that you cheerfully pay through the nose for?

From the list in your link

1. Movie Theater Popcorn - I eat my friend's popcorn
2. Greeting Cards - I either print it or FB it
3. College Textbooks - I buy it used and sell it back at higher price
4. Bottled Water - I buy bulk when it's on sales
5. Printer Ink - I do the heavy printing at work and I buy generic inks
6. Brand-Name Fashions - my clothes are still same as 5 years ago

It sucks when you pay so much for college book- go to resell it then they tell you "No we cant buy it back because we changed editions." Or also when you try to find a used textbook for class and there are either non available or it is that semester they have new editions produced for classes giving you no opportunity to even buy a textbook used :mad:

I agree- if I ever do go to a movie- I eat beforehand and don't purchase anything at theatre- 10$ ticket (matinee excluded) is already TOO much IMO.

I don't buy water- just Mt Dew :D and even then I watch for awesome sale, then purchase large quantity to minimize price per unit.

Also golfing (Tx knows this one) If you want to go play 'nicer' courses when you go on vacation and don't plan ahead or purchase 3+ day golf packages, then a round of golf is SO VERY VERY expensive. This doesn't count city municipal courses which are always reasonable. I remember one trip to Jackson Hole that we made last minute notice didn't turn out such a bargain because I pay 200+$ per round to play :roll:

It sucks when you pay so much for college book- go to resell it then they tell you "No we cant buy it back because we changed editions." Or also when you try to find a used textbook for class and there are either non available or it is that semester they have new editions produced for classes giving you no opportunity to even buy a textbook used :mad:

do not ever sell back the books to college bookstore. what a rip-off. You buy $100 textbook and they buy back from you for like $40 and then resell it as $60-80 used. F O!

That's why I sell it on amazon, half, etc and I do get a nice $$$. There are other schools somewhere that still use old edition.

do not ever sell back the books to college bookstore. what a rip-off. You buy $100 textbook and they buy back from you for like $40 and then resell it as $60-80 used. F O!

That's why I sell it on amazon, half, etc and I do get a nice $$$. There are other schools somewhere that still use old edition.

NOW you tell me! :lol: Thanks for the tip, though.

College Textbooks>>>>>> Outrageously!!!

Last week I got three books from English, Math and Speech cost me 360.00 dollars! :shock:

Glad.... I am only paid half, and FA paid another half!! :ugh:

URRRRGH! yes those dang math books. Why do they seem to cost more than any subject? I am very happy I won't ever have to buy a college math textbook again.

1. Movie Theater Popcorn
simple, don't buy popcorn. Eat something before you attend to watch movie

2. Greeting Cards
if you have knowledge how to design and make card, you save few bucks

3. College Textbooks
It would be nice if offer e-book to save probably 25% to 50%

4. Bottled Water
Get filter water, damnit, it's cheap than bottle water.

5. Printer Ink
Get laser printer, it cost you about 4¢ per paper compare to ink for 15¢/paper. More paper you print, more cost you lose out your pocket over stupid ink. That's how company make profit while laser printer is bit high price on toner cartridge.

6. Brand-Name Fashions
logo is so annoying to show off. Lucky, I can find nice cloth on sale for less than $30 bucks

My daughter buy plain photo albums and add her own touch to them and give them as wedding. The photo albums look really nice and like they cost a lot. And she made her own cards. She save a lot of money doing this.

Glad I'm not in tertiary education anymore. I remember shelling out over $700 on college supplies per semester.

Brand name fashions: I don't pay full price. I usually wait til I go to US and save a bundle by shopping at your outlet malls :) Better yet, I discovered many good name stores online are having a clearance now so I'm taking advantage of it now while the US money is still good for my Aussie dollars.

Besides, when you consider a full price fashion brand as expensive; I regard as it cheap because Australia would sell them for double the retail price even triple.

*looking back reflectively* I recall buying at least 6 pairs of skechers shoes in one day from the Skecher shop. In Australia, I'd be expected to pay over $600 easy for that much shoes.

If that is not a sexist comment then I don't know what is!

:slap: PFH 2x as hard

It's not a sexist comment, its a factual one at that.
I hear of men being the breadwinners all the times only to find out that their women spent all their money.

Hence the reason I am single.

It's not a sexist comment, its a factual one at that.
I hear of men being the breadwinners all the times only to find out that their women spent all their money.

Hence the reason I am single.

*blowing raspberries*:pbbtthhh: :P

Most women are the one who has to balance the budget all the time, do the housework, pay the bills and debts, and rear the kids and clean up after the husband. If they are stay a home mother/wife then they deserve some of the breadwinner's money.

Men go out and indulge in expensive sports and latest technology gadgets or a new car.

Women go for hair cut and whatnot every few months after they save up a bit. Believe me, women won't go out and spend money often especially if they have kids because obviously to them kids come first. Not to mention raising kids are expensive.

Also women are the one to have to scrimp and keep an lookout for bargains, so they wouldn't be overspending.

So, it's not most women's fault.

Besides, most women are financially worse off after a divorce. Also women and children make up of the most poorest group in the world in Westernized, Industralized and 3rd world countries.

So there!

Stay single for all I care! :roll:

:pbbtthhh: :P

Most women are the one who has to balance the budget all the time, do the housework and rear the kids and clean up after the husband. If they are stay a home mother/wife then they deserve some of the breadwinner's money.

Men go out and indulge in expensive sports and latest technology gadgets or a new car.

Women go for hair cut and whatnot every few months after they save up a bit. Believe me, women won't go out and spend money often especially if they have kids because obviously to them kids come first. Not to mention raising kids are expensive.

So, it's not most women's fault.

So there!

Stay single for all I care :roll:

Well, then..... I should introduce you to the women I like and discuss their hobbies... :shock: They put my hobbies to a shame.

Wirelessly posted

posts from hell said:
You all...

The #1 most overpriced product is women.

Screenshot, posted on my shareblog and tweeted.

Normally, I would either ignore or defend women, but that line made me smile. Yes, I know it's sexist, but considering recent circumstances-- I would say it made me feel better.

Wirelessly posted

Screenshot, posted on my shareblog and tweeted.

Normally, I would either ignore or defend women, but that line made me smile. Yes, I know it's sexist, but considering recent circumstances-- I would say it made me feel better.

It made me smile too. I wouldn't say that women are overpriced, though. They are worth every cent you put into them. :lol:

URRRRGH! yes those dang math books. Why do they seem to cost more than any subject? I am very happy I won't ever have to buy a college math textbook again.

because after you finish the math course - it is expected that you know the percentage difference in loss of value between different buyers. :lol:

most of my textbooks don't come in ebook format, but I get them used most of the time, so I don't USUALLY pay too much for it.

I never pay for greeting cards. People appreciate hand-made ones better.

Bottled water is a scam. They don't even have to pass filtration standards. Tap water is *better* for you. :O

Back