2010 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs..

For the Stanley Cup Final, Chicago Blackhawks won two games and Philadelphia Flyers won one game out of all three games. I am not crazy about those two teams. I prefer either Toronto Maple Leafs or Ottawa Senators and both of them lost. :(

I choose Chicago Blackhawks because I was born and lived in Chicago for four years before I moved to Minnesota. I used to watched the Northern Star many years ago and Minnesota got a new team Minnesota Wild after the Northern Star moved to Canada (I think they moved to Manitoba).

I just wish that the Indian head could have come off from those team because it is degrading to many of us Indians. Chicago is a Indian name but still Chicago Blackhawks should have found a better logo or another name for their own team than using the Indian logo. :roll: I do not like the hockey fans making fun of our Indian head and that was the purpose why we had been battling with the Chicago Blackhawks for years. They just won't budge. Sigh. :(

For the Stanley Cup Final, Chicago Blackhawks won two games and Philadelphia Flyers won one game out of all three games. I am not crazy about those two teams. I prefer either Toronto Maple Leafs or Ottawa Senators and both of them lost. :(

I choose Chicago Blackhawks because I was born and lived in Chicago for four years before I moved to Minnesota. I used to watched the Northern Star many years ago and Minnesota got a new team Minnesota Wild after the Northern Star moved to Canada (I think they moved to Manitoba).

I just wish that the Indian head could have come off from those team because it is degrading to many of us Indians. Chicago is a Indian name but still Chicago Blackhawks should have found a better logo or another name for their own team than using the Indian logo. :roll: I do not like the hockey fans making fun of our Indian head and that was the purpose why we had been battling with the Chicago Blackhawks for years. They just won't budge. Sigh. :(

That's because many of us who are also Native American (like me) are not offended by the logo at all. I am a big Blackhawks fan and I think our logo is one of the best in sports. However.....That is all that needs to be said in this thread about it. This is an entertainment thread. Debate should be left to the debate threads.

AHh cool.. btw its the old Minnesota North Stars who are now the Dallas Stars.. ya are thinking of the old IHL Minnesota Moose that is now my beloved Manitoba Moose of the AHL... thought I would give ya the proper tips as I am an amateur researcher for hockey, baseball, basketball and football teams and histories and championships and more.. yes when the North Stars moved to Dallas in 1993, it took 7 years till Minnesota was back in the NHL with the Wild and soon enough the Wild might have a cross-border rivalry with a NHL team in Winnipeg but time will see on this...

As for the Chicago Blackhawks logo, it is an iconic logo and I doubt it will be changed totally.. Chicago had the Blackhawks name since 1926 but at first it was the Black Hawks as was named by a general who was the owner and he was in the First World War and his group was the Black Hawk unit. So the Black Hawks name continued on till 1985-86 when it was shortened to Blackhawks better... I know of the U of North Dakota that had the nickname Fighting Sioux name and logo dropped recently and another University is on the way to drop another name soon..

Anyways, should be one great game tonite for sure.. Chicago vs Philadelphia Game 4 on CBC in Canada and Versus in USA.. 8 pm est dont forget to tune in!! I gonna be hooting it good for Chicago to win and then end the series on Sunday!!!!! Go Chicago GO!!!!

AHh cool.. btw its the old Minnesota North Stars who are now the Dallas Stars.. ya are thinking of the old IHL Minnesota Moose that is now my beloved Manitoba Moose of the AHL... thought I would give ya the proper tips as I am an amateur researcher for hockey, baseball, basketball and football teams and histories and championships and more.. yes when the North Stars moved to Dallas in 1993, it took 7 years till Minnesota was back in the NHL with the Wild and soon enough the Wild might have a cross-border rivalry with a NHL team in Winnipeg but time will see on this...

As for the Chicago Blackhawks logo, it is an iconic logo and I doubt it will be changed totally.. Chicago had the Blackhawks name since 1926 but at first it was the Black Hawks as was named by a general who was the owner and he was in the First World War and his group was the Black Hawk unit. So the Black Hawks name continued on till 1985-86 when it was shortened to Blackhawks better... I know of the U of North Dakota that had the nickname Fighting Sioux name and logo dropped recently and another University is on the way to drop another name soon..

Anyways, should be one great game tonite for sure.. Chicago vs Philadelphia Game 4 on CBC in Canada and Versus in USA.. 8 pm est dont forget to tune in!! I gonna be hooting it good for Chicago to win and then end the series on Sunday!!!!! Go Chicago GO!!!!

Thank you for giving me the tips and correcting me as it is long time ago when I was living in Minnesota. Yes, you are right, it is the North Star (only one start as there are not more than two starts at all). I did not learn that North Star had changed the name to Dallas Stars or is that Dallas Star?

My husband and I will watch the game tonight and see if Chicago Blackhawks will beat Philly. We will just go flow as they go along with who wins or go on to more games. :cool2:

This game is gonna be great, can't wait 'til it starts! Good game everyone! :)

Philadelphia Flyers won again. So two games Chicago Blackhawks against two games Philadelphia Flyers. So that made two teams even. :ugh:

Bebonang, it is the Dallas Stars.. not the Star... so as for the North Star.. it was the old North Stars... now ya know.. ya can ask me some questions regarding some hockey issues and I will answer your questions to my best ability ok?

Now as for Game 4 last night.. ughh I wanted Chicago to win but dang Philly seems to be on a good comeback.. I just hope the Blackhawks will have to win Game 5 tomorrow night... ohh.. should be one nutty game to see tomorrow!!!

Yep no Cup on Ice for me tomorrow.....Will have to get Game 7 tickets now too.

Game 5 last night won Chicago Blackhawks goal 6 over Philadephia Flyers goal 3. That make three games fro Chicago Blackhawks and two games for Philly Flyers. Not bad. Two more games to go to get the Stanley Cup as who wins. Looking forward to this game and hope Chicago Blackhawks win. Just have to keep my fingers cross. :fingersx:

Wednesday June 9, 2010... for Game 6... in Philadelphia.. will Chicago get over the hump finally to end the series or will Philly, with the orange and black rabid screaming fans tie the series and force a winner-take-all final game back in Chicago on Friday???? Will find out on Wednesday!! Do tune in and see for yourself!! BTW Game 5 was wild as well.. wow good scoring and more...

Wednesday June 9, 2010... for Game 6... in Philadelphia.. will Chicago get over the hump finally to end the series or will Philly, with the orange and black rabid screaming fans tie the series and force a winner-take-all final game back in Chicago on Friday???? Will find out on Wednesday!! Do tune in and see for yourself!! BTW Game 5 was wild as well.. wow good scoring and more...

Let's hope Chicago :) just like Restless_heart says, bring out the fly swatter :lol:

I am kinda rooting for Philly in game 6......Already have my flight back to Chicago booked for Friday am.......Last night was intense.

Back