2010 Election Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not the government. it's the corporations.

Exactly. The government simply creates the loopholes that allow the corruption to exist in the corporations.

I don't think the Repubs will do anything but disappoint the voters and they'll go back to the Democrats.

No doubt. It is a case of the grass seeming greener on the other side of the fence. It never is once you actually get there.

they all dissapoint and they are all a bunch of crooks!! Empty prommises to get your vote and then they are not accountable. It's a broken system in my vew.

Is health care same one that Rep trying to get rid is one that banned the rejection of people with pre-existing condition?

Anyhow, I think Rep probably won't do much to help. Rep wanna give the rich a break, Dem wanna give the poor a break. Obama wanna give the middle class a break.

Oh well.

Control the spending, sure but don't touch the programs that help the Americans is all I am asking.

Get rid of spending that put us in extra debt couple years ago? (Ya know the one was from the invasion of innocent country led by Rep president? Ya that one, not just stimulus, but one that also made our hands stained with blood.)

I don't think the Repubs will do anything but disappoint the voters and they'll go back to the Democrats.
Or they'll become more ardent Tea Party supporters.

Or they'll become more ardent Tea Party supporters.
It's likely thhe tea party candidates will get co-opted by the Repubilcans so nothing will have changed.

Governments and corporations aren't people; they are things. Things don't have morals, so they can't be corrupt or incorruptible. It's the people who make up the government and corporations who can be corrupt or not.

they all dissapoint and they are all a bunch of crooks!! Empty prommises to get your vote and then they are not accountable. It's a broken system in my vew.
Is there any system that doesn't disappoint?

Yet corporations can now make unlimited contributions to any candidate.

Governments and corporations aren't people; they are things. Things don't have morals, so they can't be corrupt or incorruptible. It's the people who make up the government and corporations who can be corrupt or not.

That's a good point.

right. when I refer to a company, I am referring to people. Technically - a "company" is legally defined as an "entity", not a thing as clarified by court. For that reason - anybody can sue a company as an entity, not a thing.

A company can be convicted for criminal offenses like manslaughter, depraved indifference, etc and it is subjected to fines/penalty. It can die just like a person.

Exactly. The government simply creates the loopholes that allow the corruption to exist in the corporations.

and high-ranking government positions are mostly filled by those from corporations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back