2010 Election Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I'm referring to New York, I meant the state, not the city. Just wanted to make sure there's no confusion.

I thought so.

Damn these Yankees! :lol:

Seriously though, every time I drive in New York, 9 out of 10 drivers don't know how to drive. It's pretty scary. One thing I hate about the toll booths in New York is that there are so many toll booths and once you are done, all of them have to merge into 2 lanes from 6 or 8 lanes all at once!

What a thrill! :lol:

Whoever came up with that traffic design must be a bus rider :roll:

We have several of that in NJ starting from my location all the way down to Central NJ on NJ Turnpike (I-95) and Garden State Parkway. It gives me a migraine. and ulcer. and high blood pressure.

When I'm referring to New York, I meant the state, not the city. Just wanted to make sure there's no confusion.

they're all same to me :giggle:

they're all same to me :giggle:

I avoid I 75 through the Dayton area for the same reason. I'll take state roads that make my trip a little longer...but much less nerve wracking!

Whoever came up with that traffic design must be a bus rider :roll:

We have several of that in NJ starting from my location all the way down to Central NJ on NJ Turnpike (I-95) and Garden State Parkway. It gives me a migraine. and ulcer. and high blood pressure.

Ah, so you have seen that too. I have to do a 360º degree head spin to make sure the coast's clear.

No pea soup though.

Ah, so you have seen that too. I have to do a 360º degree head spin to make sure the coast's clear.

No pea soup though.

That's when having a co-pilot is handy!:P One you can trust, though.:giggle:

No pea soup though.

and I still don't know why they would be an ass and block the entire EZ-Pass Lane just to cut into Cash Lane.

"uprick?"

No separate facility required for the tax?
The tax is collected at the pump which is provided by the gas station. Tolls would require major construction state expense.

Do you think it goes from the gas station directly to the road maintenance dept?:laugh2: It is automated only as far as collection is concerned. Distribution is a whole nuther story.

Many toll booths are automated.
You still haven't explained the economic sense of increasing facilities and bureaucracy expenses.

The tax is collected at the pump which is provided by the gas station. Tolls would require major construction state expense.

You still haven't explained the economic sense of increasing facilities and bureaucracy expenses.

Collected at the pump provided that one is paying at the pump. Many still go inside to pay. And that is just the beginning of the story. Let's trace the whole path of how many people are involved in distributing that tax once it is collected. And don't forget to add in the accounting dept. of the gas station corportate office.

Major construction state expense? How much?

You haven't explained the economic sense of your position, either. Everything you have come up with as a negative is already in existence with the gas tax. Nor have you been able to explain how roads will be maintained in those instances where gas tax revenue is insufficient to maintain the roads and bridges. You don't want a rise in taxes, and you don't want to pay tolls. So...where will the funding come from?

It's a few seconds per car. Multiply that times the total number of cars for the real time delay.

On some stretches of roads in other states, some drivers pass thru more than one toll per day, so that has to also be calculated.

The toll money also has to cover toll employees, equipment, maintenance of facilities, and another department of bureaucracy. That is, increased expenses.

In here - toll gates are privately-owned. NJ rented out highways to corporations via bonds as a solution to pay off its debt. They split the profits but IMO - that's wrong. Why are we being double-taxed? :roll:

In here - toll gates are privately-owned. NJ rented out highways to corporations via bonds as a solution to pay off its debt. They split the profits but IMO - that's wrong. Why are we being double-taxed? :roll:

Ahhh...NJ fell for the old privatization scam too.

Collected at the pump provided that one is paying at the pump. Many still go inside to pay. And that is just the beginning of the story. Let's trace the whole path of how many people are involved in distributing that tax once it is collected. And don't forget to add in the accounting dept. of the gas station corportate office.

You haven't explained the economic sense of your position, either. Everything you have come up with as a negative is already in existence with the gas tax. Nor have you been able to explain how roads will be maintained in those instances where gas tax revenue is insufficient to maintain the roads and bridges. You don't want a rise in taxes, and you don't want to pay tolls. So...where will the funding come from?

the real question is - where is our taxes going to? how is it being spent?

I think it's safe to know that the money is grossly misused and misallocated. First - they should clean up their closet and then we'll gladly pay more tax if it's absolutely needed. Plus - there are bonds. We'll gladly buy it if needed.

the real question is - where is our taxes going to? how is it being spent?

I think it's safe to know that the money is grossly misused and misallocated. First - they should clean up their closet and then we'll gladly pay more tax if it's absolutely needed. Plus - there are bonds. We'll gladly buy it if needed.

That is what is currently being attempted. However, people don't appear to be willing to deal with the situation in the meantime while it gets rectified. They want it fixed RIGHT NOW!

That is what is currently being attempted. However, people don't appear to be willing to deal with the situation in the meantime while it gets rectified. They want it fixed RIGHT NOW!

Yes we want it fixed right now but we ain't paying more for it because we're already paying an excessive amount already. Enough's enough! Buck stops here!

How much more do we have to pay to get some decent service in here? :lol:

Collected at the pump provided that one is paying at the pump. Many still go inside to pay.
Huh? What difference does that make? It's still part of your gas cost, whether you physically pay at the pump or the cash register. It's the same thing. That is, it is automatically included in the price of the gas.

And that is just the beginning of the story. Let's trace the whole path of how many people are involved in distributing that tax once it is collected. And don't forget to add in the accounting dept. of the gas station corportate office.
So how is it good economy to increase all those things by adding tolls?

The gas station corporate office isn't paid for by taxpayers; that belongs to the private company.

That would depend on how many have to be installed, and where.

You haven't explained the economic sense of your position, either.
Yes, I did. Tolls would increase expenses and not bring in extra revenue.

Did you read the links and article that I provided? Tolls have been a losing proposition in South Carolina. Why would we want to dig the hole even deeper?

If the people in your state enjoying paying taxes plus tolls, go for it.

I, and the people in my state, don't want to pay extra.

Everything you have come up with as a negative is already in existence with the gas tax.
No. We don't have tax "booths", and no extra equipment is required for collecting the sales tax. Why would we want to increase the overhead?

Nor have you been able to explain how roads will be maintained in those instances where gas tax revenue is insufficient to maintain the roads and bridges. You don't want a rise in taxes, and you don't want to pay tolls. So...where will the funding come from?
That's not what I said, and you don't read the information I provide you, so what's the point in repeating myself?

The only two roads that haven't generated enough income in SC are the two toll roads.

Guess what toll roads have to do if they don't generate enough revenue for their maintenance? They increase the cost of the tolls.

Unfortunately, the toll road system in New Jersey goes back to the 18th century. Now, it's entrenched.

I want to know when NJ will allow people to pump their own gas. :lol: (just teasing)

You know what's funny? The fees you pay for the driver licenses, car registration, plate stickers, gas taxes, etc. All of these are supposed to be used for the maintenance of the roads.
Are you sure about that? I think it varies by state in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back