2009, I turn 30.

Southern

Reaction score
I am unsure how I feel about it. birthdays have never been much of a big deal to me. Getting older is fine, I have wanted to be older my whole life, I think because I am so much younger than all my siblings and cousins. I have always said who cares about age. I don’t think it is the age that bothers me. I think I am feeling apprehensive because 30 is a mile stone in your life, like 20 is and 40 and so on. I think I feel I haven’t accomplished enough.

Happy early birthday. I just turned 30 myself. I am the same way about birthdays...no big deal. But, this one was a little weird because society makes such a big deal about it, especially if you are female. But, it came and went with no difference.

What would you like to accomplish?

Thanks, I will be 29 this September so I still have over a year. You are right society does put a lot of significance on all of the age milestones. My dad really does. He wants me to be married and have kids… LOL that really isnt in the cards.

I would like to buy a house. Since I moved out of my parents house when I was 21 it has been my goal to have my own home by 30, no later, and to stop renting. It is really pushing on me now. Better pay but we all want that.

I'm sorry your dad is pushy. I didn't live up to any of my dad's expectations for me. ;) I think it is good that you have goals of your own. Good luck on the house and the more pay. :)

Thanks, I will be 29 this September so I still have over a year. You are right society does put a lot of significance on all of the age milestones. My dad really does. He wants me to be married and have kids… LOL that really isnt in the cards.

I would like to buy a house. Since I moved out of my parents house when I was 21 it has been my goal to have my own home by 30, no later, and to stop renting. It is really pushing on me now. Better pay but we all want that.

:h5: me too>> Virgo? :D

i know how you feel, dude.

Im 31 and i didnt think i would be where i am today when i was 21.

I turned 30 last september and Honestly being 30 is no difference to being 29!

I concur. I'll be turning 31 in a few weeks (8/24). 30 feels no different than 29 and i'm pretty sure 31 won't feel too much different from 30. My biological clock ain't even ticking anymore so i'm not stressing about it.

On the plus side, most of my co-workers think i'm like 23. :D

I am approaching 30 by Jan 2012. I already feeling old. So by time 30, I will feel old regardless what I have accomplished.

Buying a home or a nice car is no difference. I rather to have good cashflow all the way until retirement and worry nothing about income during retirement than trying keep up with the jones with everyone else as they buy house, or buy a new car or boat or RV mobile camping, etc...

Keep simple life and will pay off when retired.

I know what alike to be 30 years old. You are not a kid anymore. You have to live what you have to pay everything including going out to have fun which is not free.

It is pretty hard to find a job for older people like 30 and older. Turning 40 is oh-oh if lucky to find a job. 50 is uh-uh barely to find a job perhaps a part time job. 55 is trouble... 60 is common on welfare... I know that it sounds silly to me, but that's the way they are.

More graduated students come out for a job every spring is a nightmare. Imagine that average 300 seniors are graduating from one high school. 600 students are graduated from one college.

All you have to do is to enjoy yourself being alone in a home with millions of people around you.

i will become 30 years old in 2011 that mean in 3 years but im now 27 years old my dad says im old i dont think so im still young enough

Your still a young man exploring yur life and it good to set goals and try and achieve them as it does help you live ur life the way u want it to be.

Being 30 is no different from being 20. It just a number but as time goes u age with maturity in a way and as one grow older each year one get wiser and more experienced as they journey thru their life.

I am in my 40s and looking back I dont regret being over the hill now as I feel I have completed many goals that I set and finding my way round my life is a blessing in disguise. So dont feel so bad about it. Set your mind on what u need and u will get there. :)

30 was no big deal--then i hit 31 and it dawned on me, i'm officially in my 30's!!! 30 was just a number but now i'm 32 and feeling old and young at the same time!! i look back and realize that the 30's seem better than the 20's-- somehow you are more sure of yourself and have more confidence. so look forward to turning 30 cuz i think you'll have more fun!!!:lol:

I wish I was turning 30 again!!!! I love being in my 30s more than my 20s cuz I was insecure, going in and out of school, not sure of my future, broke and my 30s, I became more stable, confident, accomplished a lot, and better sex drive!!! :giggle:

Now, I am apprehensive cuz in less than 4 years, I will be 40. I dont think it is the age that bothers me as much as how fast time is flying so by. I remember my 29th birthday as if it was yesterday and here I am at 36 years old. Geez!

At 30, I graduated with my Master's, just got my job, was soooo deep in debt from being on my own as a college student, going thru a divorce, and had roommates.

At 36, I am more than halfway to paying off my debt, had a steady job for almost 6 years, income is good, own a house, remarried, life is much much more stable, and most important of all, I know who I am and I have learned to love myself.

My 30s have been so much more adventurous than my 20s. I love it and I still have 3 and half years left to go so I am ready for more adventures!!!

Enjoy turning 30! It is great!!!

I turned 30 two years ago. It's nothing. When you're 100, then feel free to come back here and complain... that is, if you're still alive by then. ;)

Back