2% positive on welfare drug testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...how is it a fraud if the person is actually homeless? And many people who actually have a home but are underemployed as a result of the economy get foodstamps. You don't have to be destitute to get them.

That's true, you don't....some of these people actually do have a "home", but don't live there, and give their relative part of the food stamps.

Have you reported the people who are defrauding the government?

Having to be very careful here....I have reported once on someone that was required to take a drug test (after being reported as using drugs and with 4 children in the home)...It was in a prior post I made....The DCF went to her home and gave her the bottle, and she promptly went to the bathroom and one of her teenage sons took the test for her....

So the DCF is at fault here!...She is continuing to take drugs and receiving welfare, food stamps and state aid for her children.....

As for making reports on people who are defrauding the government/state...one has to be very careful, very careful.

Having to be very careful here....I have reported once on someone that was required to take a drug test (after being reported as using drugs and with 4 children in the home)...It was in a prior post I made....The DCF went to her home and gave her the bottle, and she promptly went to the bathroom and one of her teenage sons took the test for her....

So the DCF is at fault here!...She is continuing to take drugs and receiving welfare, food stamps and state aid for her children.....

As for making reports on people who are defrauding the government/state...one has to be very careful, very careful.

With the DCF there??? Oh pleeeease. :roll:

That's true, you don't....some of these people actually do have a "home", but don't live there, and give their relative part of the food stamps.

Okay. I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought they were using a relative's address because they didn't have one.

It's fact!...The DCF woman gave her the bottle as they were outside when DCF arrived, only 1 woman....one of her teenage sons was in the house at the time, and he went into the bathroom with her and took the test.

The DCF woman DID NOT follow her, or stand by the bathroom door to monitor the test. She remained outside!

DCF is to blame here! Whether the woman was untrained or whatever it was.

It's fact!...The DCF woman gave her the bottle as they were outside when DCF arrived, only 1 woman....one of her teenage sons was in the house at the time, and he went into the bathroom with her and took the test.

The DCF woman DID NOT follow her, or stand by the bathroom door to monitor the test. She remained outside!

DCF is to blame here! Whether the woman was untrained or whatever it was.

Uh huh. Sure.

It is not common for Family Services to show up at your home to do a drug test. The accepted protocol for random testing is that they call you and give you a limited amount of time...usually a few hours...to show up in their office and submit to a test.

It is not common for Family Services to show up at your home to do a drug test. The accepted protocol for random testing is that they call you and give you a limited amount of time...usually a few hours...to show up in their office and submit to a test.

Oh I know. Been there, done that.

There is a difference between addiction, dependance, and abuse. I guess you still don't get it. Drug tests don't only target the addict

I agree. So why did you bring up addicts in a thread about drug tests?

And no, it is a feature of the addiction that one cannot go without their drug for an extended period of time. Their body goes into withdrawal

So one day is an extended period of time? And no addict can go one day withou their D.o.c. For one day as you said earlier?

I agree. So why did you bring up addicts in a thread about drug tests?

So one day is an extended period of time? And no addict can go one day withou their D.o.c. For one day as you said earlier?

In response to someone else's post. Is that all right with you?

Not without starting into withdrawal symptoms.

Binge drinkers can go several days before the gremlin comes out to play.

Binge drinkers can go several days before the gremlin comes out to play.

Binge drinkers may be alcoholic, but they do not necessarily have the physiologic consequences of addiction. They are said to be "dependent" upon alcohol, or to abuse alcohol. They are not classified as being addicted. When someone is addicted to alcohol, the withdrawal can be life threatening. It is one of the most dangerous withdrawals there is.

When someone is addicted to alcohol, the withdrawal can be life threatening. It is one of the most dangerous withdrawals there is.

I have seen it up close. Not me, but someone I know very well.

my cousin nearly died from alcoholic withdrawal in detox after drinking morning, afternoon, evening for many years. He quit but sadly went back to drinking and died from alcoholism.

my other cousin died from alcoholism as well.

Drinking moderately may be healthy for people over 40 but there's no benefits under 40.

Alcoholism runs in my family also. My father died of complications from it and had several strokes...out of 6 siblings, only 2 of us did not drink.

It's a horrible sight to see an alcoholic wake up in the morning with the DT's (the shakes)...and having to drink several beers or alcohol in order for them to stop.

well well well.......

Hudson County worker admits attempting to extort welfare recipients: feds | NJ.com
A Bayonne man who worked as a Hudson County welfare case worker pleaded guilty to attempted extortion in federal court today after he admitted he demanded cash from welfare recipients in exchange for not cutting off their benefits.

Walter Payton, 54, of Bayonne, pleaded guilty to one count of attempted extortion induced by wrongful use of fear of economic harm and under color of official right, federal officials said

Payton was a county case worker for around nine years, with duties that included processing applications for food stamps, Medicaid and cash assistance, officials said.

In September 2010, he demanded $200 cash from a mother of two who received $280 in monthly cash assistance and $330 in monthly food stamps, officials said. Payton told her she would lose her benefits if she did not comply, according to officials.

Payton extorted four other welfare recipients, officials said. He faces up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

well well well.......

Hudson County worker admits attempting to extort welfare recipients: feds | NJ.com
A Bayonne man who worked as a Hudson County welfare case worker pleaded guilty to attempted extortion in federal court today after he admitted he demanded cash from welfare recipients in exchange for not cutting off their benefits.

Walter Payton, 54, of Bayonne, pleaded guilty to one count of attempted extortion induced by wrongful use of fear of economic harm and under color of official right, federal officials said

Payton was a county case worker for around nine years, with duties that included processing applications for food stamps, Medicaid and cash assistance, officials said.

In September 2010, he demanded $200 cash from a mother of two who received $280 in monthly cash assistance and $330 in monthly food stamps, officials said. Payton told her she would lose her benefits if she did not comply, according to officials.

Payton extorted four other welfare recipients, officials said. He faces up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back