2% positive on welfare drug testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
They declined becuase they knew they wouldnt pass the drug test

Last edited:
Eh, the only thing I hate about this testing is that the kids will maybe be more likely to go hungry. Drugs are so bad. The parents will trade or sell the benefits for drugs I know. But if the parent doesn't get the benefits then perhaps there will no food at all in the house. I would just worry about that. The victim is always the smallest and weakest in either scenario.

Eh, the only thing I hate about this testing is that the kids will maybe be more likely to go hungry. Drugs are so bad. The parents will trade or sell the benefits for drugs I know. But if the parent doesn't get the benefits then perhaps there will no food at all in the house. I would just worry about that. The victim is always the smallest and weakest in either scenario.

For the kids the law allows a third party to apply for benefits....That third party has to agree to testing as well though.

For the kids the law allows a third party to apply for benefits....That third party has to agree to testing as well though.

Yes, I believe that to be true. One lady had 4 or 5 kids, was on drugs...so her Mother was the one that got the check(s), and made sure the kids ate and had clothes, shoes, etc. And the mother did not live in the home....

You're making assumptions.

If you are a drug user and want to get at job, say at Wal-Mart, and you knew you would have to pas a drug test, then you would be smart to be "clean" when you take the test. After passing the test and getting the job, you would go back to using. Just making assumptions here.

If you are a drug user and want to get at job, say at Wal-Mart, and you knew you would have to pas a drug test, then you would be smart to be "clean" when you take the test. After passing the test and getting the job, you would go back to using. Just making assumptions here.

That's done all the time. And the only way you can be detected after drinking that liquid to cleanse ur system, along with drinking lots of water, is for the employer to "random" drug test you, without any notice...just pull you aside and say go take a urine test NOW, not next week or a few days later.

Assumptions are not facts.

That's done all the time. And the only way you can be detected after drinking that liquid to cleanse ur system, along with drinking lots of water, is for the employer to "random" drug test you, without any notice...just pull you aside and say go take a urine test NOW, not next week or a few days later.

That would be fair only if the employee could walk into a board meeting and demand that everyone in the room take a drug test NOW.

While I understand weeding out drug users from using welfare, does no one else find it odd that the system is set up to basically promote:

"If you wanna use drugs worry free, make sure you get a good job."

In my short years of experience, I've noticed that there IS a difference in drugs between people of levels of income: Quality.

While I understand weeding out drug users from using welfare, does no one else find it odd that the system is set up to basically promote:

In my short years of experience, I've noticed that there IS a difference in drugs between people of levels of income: Quality.

Yep. You can't stop people from using drugs. Might as well just make them legal in order to free up law enforcement and prisons (and reducing taxpayer burden), get rid of the black market and drug cartels, and shift focus to prevention and rehabilitation.

I am not sure I understand you correctly. Do you mean that people of higher means obtain drugs of superior quality, or that the quality of their work is higher?

I am not sure I understand you correctly. Do you mean that people of higher means obtain drugs of superior quality, or that the quality of their work is higher?

The former.

It was surprisingly easy to obtain high quality cocaine as well as designer marijuana at my private high school (one of the most expensive schools in the county).

Not that drug using among students was rampant, just that it was easy to get.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Quality of the drug? I doubt that the rich, powerful, and famous are using home cooked meth, if that's what you mean. At least that's what I hear the drug scene is like. I'm the broke and unknown. lol

Last edited:
The former.

It was surprisingly easy to obtain high quality cocaine as well as designer marijuana at my private high school (one of the most expensive schools in the county).

Not that drug using among students was rampant, just that it was easy to get.

Meh. If it's easy to get, what prevents it from being rampant? Assumptions are still at work here. The rich kids are no different from the poor ones, in MY observation.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Quality of the drug? I doubt that the rich, powerful, and famous are using home cooked meth, if that's what you mean. At least that's what I hear the drug scene is like. I'm the broke and unknown. lol

That's what I am saying. The wealthy use a much higher quality of drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back