2% positive on welfare drug testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone considered that maybe most people on drugs are smart enough to not apply for benefits where a drug test is required, knowing they won't pass? I'm kind of wondering why those 2% were stupid enough to do it. Must be the drugs.

I have. Either way they won't win. Losing money now. Or losing money the other way if you're correct.

Right now its bigger bureaucracy, which I don't approve of.

I love statistics, and know a thing or two about it (not saying I'm always right on this but will be close enough). I looked up the estimated number of people on welfare in Florida for 2010, and found it to be around 100K people.

In order to have 1 +/- standard deviation, with 95% confidence level for 100K people, the survey would need to have 8,763 people tested. That's 8 times more than 1,000 people. It gets higher if you want 99% confidence level.

You are leaving out the variables that make this population generalizable at a lower number.

Has anyone considered that maybe most people on drugs are smart enough to not apply for benefits where a drug test is required, knowing they won't pass? I'm kind of wondering why those 2% were stupid enough to do it. Must be the drugs.

Most people on drugs would not qualify for welfare benefits to begin with. There is no reason for them to be filling out an application.:cool2:

I have. Either way they won't win. Losing money now. Or losing money the other way if you're correct.

Right now its bigger bureaucracy, which I don't approve of.

It is a bureaucracy based on a stereotype that is not true: that the majority of people on assistance make up the drug abusing population in the United States. Totally and completely untrue.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Many people on drugs deal them and they have money. Duh!

Most people on drugs would not qualify for welfare benefits to begin with. There is no reason for them to be filling out an application.:cool2:

Being on welfare give too little money to keep ya on drugs. :roll:

And what were you under the influence of when you made that post?:shock:

Well are you English/Grammar NAZI ? Keep that to yourself.:wave:

Banjo

You can see them on drugs. My former friends who I walk away from them. They ever told me how they cheat drug tests. You could see their skin, eye, teeth, weak, and lazy.

And couple months ago when Florida's Governor thinking make new law on welfare for drug test. First thing I see on Facebook see those people say We moving to Texas or back to their home where they don't have drug tests.

If it was me I would have pick drug test that involved use your hair.

http://www.google.com/url?url=http:...1lZTt3mMonb0QHXtYnJDA&ved=0CD0QygQwAA&cad=rja

You can see that urine test aren't reliable cause they only good for 1-7 days

While Hair test it last up to 90 days so I know people can't last that long without drugs.

untitled534t543.jpg

Banjo

You can see them on drugs. My former friends who I walk away from them. They ever told me how they cheat drug tests. You could see their skin, eye, teeth, weak, and lazy.

And couple months ago when Florida's Governor thinking make new law on welfare for drug test. First thing I see on Facebook see those people say We moving to Texas or back to their home where they don't have drug tests.

http://www.google.com/url?url=http:...1lZTt3mMonb0QHXtYnJDA&ved=0CD0QygQwAA&cad=rja

It didn't have anything to do with your English or your Grammar. It had to do with the ridicuous conclusions you reached.:cool2: And judging from this post, are still reaching.

You can see that urine test aren't reliable cause they only good for 1-7 days

While Hair test it last up to 90 days so I know people can't last that long without drugs.

untitled534t543.jpg

If someone is addicted, they can't go without their drug of choice for even a day. So your conclusion just doesn't hold water. Additionally, urine tests are reliable and valid for detecting some substances for up to 45 days. Again, blows your conclusions out of the water.

Do you have any idea how much hair follicle testing costs?

You can see them on drugs. My former friends who I walk away from them. They ever told me how they cheat drug tests. You could see their skin, eye, teeth, weak, and lazy.[/url]

Oh, so you get to talk to a lot of welfare recipients and see that they are in fact, drug users who cheat the drug tests?

Wow, what a revelation! Right here is the truth, Milwaukee knows for a fact that a lot of welfare recipients are drug users. No proof is necessary, it's so obvious on these people because of how they look.

Yeah, that's the best way to identify drug users.

Banjo

Hey dan.... you have a bunch of friends from Florida on Facebook? And these bunch now are in Texas? Oh, you're in that circle, I see.

I disagree with the stats. They simply cheated the system. Some people have a way to get rid of the drugs in the system before taking the test. Also other people avoid applying for it and find a way to make money. I have seen a number of low income apartments with drug infested people who live there.

People on welfare are more likely to do drugs at times because they can't get a job due to their self esteem and complete ignorant of themselves.

If someone is addicted, they can't go without their drug of choice for even a day.

oh really? So an alcoholic never goes without a drink? A gambler never goes a day without gambling? Cocaine user never takes a day off? That doesn't sound correct to me.

But anyway, this had to do with use rather than addiction seeing that it asked about use in the last 30 days

I disagree with the stats. They simply cheated the system. Some people have a way to get rid of the drugs in the system before taking the test. Also other people avoid applying for it and find a way to make money. I have seen a number of low income apartments with drug infested people who live there.

People on welfare are more likely to do drugs at times because they can't get a job due to their self esteem and complete ignorant of themselves.

That is incorrect. Love you to death, Sequoias, but that just isn't the reality of the situation. It is just what you have been led to believe.

oh really? So an alcoholic never goes without a drink? A gambler never goes a day without gambling? Cocaine user never takes a day off? That doesn't sound correct to me.

But anyway, this had to do with use rather than addiction seeing that it asked about use in the last 30 days

It doesn't sound correct because you don't understand the nature of addiction vs. dependence.:cool2:

So, since these tests target drug use only, it is okay if the individual goes through a 12 pack and a pint on a daily basis?

I take it you have not met my brother.

It doesn't sound correct because you don't understand the nature of addiction vs. dependence.:cool2:

So, since these tests target drug use only, it is okay if the individual goes through a 12 pack and a pint on a daily basis?

Don't get me started on 24 beer pack per day. :P

That old stereotype of the drug addict and/or abuser being poor and urban and black is such an inaccuracy. I have said it more than once in these threads. People just want to believe that it is that group so they will be exempt from the risk.

everyone knows all the coke fiends work on wallstreet

weed is cheeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back