104 wrestlers die in a decade

Drugs. Drugs. Drugs. Why? Why? Why? *smh*

Oh yes, I was so shocked at the news about Elizabeth. She was a beautiful woman... She was married to Randy the Macho Man before she met Lex.

yes elizabeth died few years ago and she is orignially from Kentucky where i m from ,.,

Pro wrestler Brian Adams dead
44-year-old wrestler found unconscious in his home
Posted: Monday August 13, 2007 6:08PM; Updated: Monday August 13, 2007 6:08PM

TAMPA, FLA. (AP) -- Former pro wrestling champion Brian "Crush" Adams died Monday after he was found unconscious in his home. He was 44. He showed no visible signs of injury and foul play was not suspected, police spokeswoman Janelle McGregor said.

Authorities were awaiting autopsy results from the medical examiner before proceeding with their investigation.

Adams' wife, who was not identified, found her husband not breathing and called 911 about 11 a.m. Fire Rescue workers later pronounced him dead, McGregor said. Adams, a former world tag team champion, last performed for the World Wrestling Federation in 2001 and served intermittently on the roster beginning in 1990, World Wrestling Entertainment said.

WWE spokesman George Cabico had no further comment.

Adams death comes less than two months after pro wrestler Chris Benoit killed his wife and son before hanging himself on the cable of a weight machine in his Georgia home. Prescription anabolic steroids were found in the family's home, raising questions about whether the drugs played a role in the killings.

SI.com - More Sports - Former pro wrestler Brian Adams dead at 44 - Monday August 13, 2007 6:08PM

:repost: It was already posted under "WWE ONLY"

TAMPA, FLA. (AP) -- Former pro wrestling champion Brian "Crush" Adams died Monday after he was found unconscious in his home. He was 44. He showed no visible signs of injury and foul play was not suspected, police spokeswoman Janelle McGregor said.

Authorities were awaiting autopsy results from the medical examiner before proceeding with their investigation.

Adams' wife, who was not identified, found her husband not breathing and called 911 about 11 a.m. Fire Rescue workers later pronounced him dead, McGregor said. Adams, a former world tag team champion, last performed for the World Wrestling Federation in 2001 and served intermittently on the roster beginning in 1990, World Wrestling Entertainment said.

WWE spokesman George Cabico had no further comment.

Adams death comes less than two months after pro wrestler Chris Benoit killed his wife and son before hanging himself on the cable of a weight machine in his Georgia home. Prescription anabolic steroids were found in the family's home, raising questions about whether the drugs played a role in the killings.

SI.com - More Sports - Former pro wrestler Brian Adams dead at 44 - Monday August 13, 2007 6:08PM

:repost: It was already posted under "WWE ONLY"

This is related to death of wrestlers.

I am trying to figure out who's Brian Adams... I remember seeing a wrestler's nickname Crush somewhere.

Oh yeah on the right... that's Brian "Crush" Adams. I remembered him.

OH yeah Bryan Adams aka Crush.... I was saddened to hear of his passing via ProWrestling site.... never thought he would die at 44 but he did... last I read he was working as bodyguard for Randy Savage or so...

OH yeah Bryan Adams aka Crush.... I was saddened to hear of his passing via ProWrestling site.... never thought he would die at 44 but he did... last I read he was working as bodyguard for Randy Savage or so...

He was? I dont remmy it, oh well...

Yeah farewell65.... I am sure I read that Bryan was working as body guard for Randy Savage...let me see if I can find the link for ya to read ok?

Yeah farewell65.... I am sure I read that Bryan was working as body guard for Randy Savage...let me see if I can find the link for ya to read ok?

Ok sure... I might can find some info on wikipedia.org

Dang cant find that link that I mentoined about Bryan Adams working as bodyguard for Randy Savage... gotta keep looking till I find it or not...

I was right when I thought I saw that Bryan was bodyguard but couldn't find the link in ProWrestling to present that link..thanks, Farewell65...

bad math? Curses?

The earliest i see a death is Adonis in '88; the latest is '07. Somebody fell asleep for a decade.
Also, gotta love the supposed "Von Erich Curse" theory. First off, dad Jack Adkisson was a bit of a tyrant; in the early 80's, the territory that he owned (World Class, based in Texas) was booming, thanks to his popular and athletic sons, David, Kevin and Kerry. This trio, along with in-ring rivals The Fabulous Freebirds, had brought the territory from a local yokel, bringing in 1000 or so fans per show, to a National phenomenon, drawing in excess of 30,000 for special events.
However, things soon turned for the worse...The Adkisson boys played the part of religious home-bodies, but were in fact party animals, swept up in the superstar lifestyle that's certainly not strictly a pro wrestling phenomenon.
In late '83, while on a tour of Japan, oldest, and widely considered best grappler in the family, David allegedly O.D.'s. Bruiser Brody, a close friend of the family, later admitted to sources that he helped flush the offending substances before police arrived. Father Fritz (Jack) was successful in passing off his son's death as 'acute enteritis', an inflammation of the liver.

The following May, the 'David Von Erich Memorial of Champions' card drew over 32,000 to see brother Kerry defeat Ric Flair for the NWA World title (which had widely been presumed to have been David's had he not died). (43,000 is the number most connect with the attendance, but this is just another of many examples of pro wrestling 'exaggeration'.)

Fritz, who had 2 more boys, was not about to see his cash cow go up in flames. The fans were used to seeing 3 Von Erich boys, and 3 they would get. Young Mike, only a year removed from high school graduation, was pushed into the vacant spot.
Unfortunately, not only did Mike have no desire to get mixed up in the in-ring side of the business, he also did not possess the athleticism or charisma of his brothers. He was much smaller framed, and even loyal, die hard World Class fans had a tough time buying lil Mike winning main events against monsters like Terry Gordy and Kamala.
In '85, Mike somehow contracted Toxic Shock Syndrome, a disease most commonly linked to tampons. He nearly died, topping out at a 107 degree fever; the poor kid suffered mild brain damage from the fever, and could never even come close to regaining his less than Herculean physique afterwards.
Still, Fritz pushed him back into the ring wars, where for a kid like Mike, was a nightly injury waiting to happen. His comeback was a dismal failure-and by 1987, the yearly 'Memorial' card that had drawn over 32k now had trouble pulling in a measly 5 thousand people.
True, times were rapidly changing in the business thanks to Vince McMahon and his WWF's spending spree across America, acquiring most smaller territories' best wrestlers and leaving the previously wealthy promoters without a pot to...you know.
But thanks to David's death and Mike's near-tragedy, along with the premature deaths of huge local star Gino Hernandez and debilitating motorcycle accident by Kerry, there was an undeniable pall hanging over the company. This is when the idea of a 'Curse' took root...and when Mike committed suicide in 1987 at the age of 23, because of his inability to perform in the ring and please his dad, the root grew like a weed.
The company still had a few certifiable superstars-Ravishing Rick Rude was given the top title. Oldest surviving brother Kevin was still wrestling, despite having suffered numerous concussions in recent months.
And best of all, the man who not only became the biggest Von Erich star, but one of the most popular in the whole country, Kerry Von Erich, was rumored to be back soon from his leg injuries.
Problem was, only those deeply connected to the family knew the truth about Kerry: he was so badly injured in the motorcycle accident, his foot had to be amputated.
However, thanks to the desperation of the situation, Kerry returned early, unbeknownst to the world wearing a prosthetic foot. Kerry had had a lot of problems with drugs in the past, and thanks to what must have been horrendous pain, those troubles escalated. Although Kerry was able to pass himself off decently enough, including a short but successful run in the WWF, it wasn't nearly enough to save his father's company.
In 1991, youngest surviving son Chris (there had been one other boy, Jack, but he had died at age 6 back in 1959, a victim of accidental electrocution) became distraught. Unlike late brother Mike, Chris had wanted nothing more than to compete in the ring.
However, his height (5'5, as opposed to David who was 6'3 and Kerry at 6'2) precluded him from being taken seriously; and without his father's company, who was going to put him over out in the real world? Chris shot himself to death that year, making him the 4th of 6 Von Erich children to die before the age of 26, and 2nd by suicide.
In 1992, Kerry was released from his comfortable WWF contract, and got even deeper into drugs. In early '93, Kerry was busted and was facing a very public and humiliating trial. His glory days were gone, he had lost a foot, he was looking at probably prison time, and he had the weight of all of his families' tragedies weighing on him. In March of 1993 Kerry shot himself much as his brother Chris had, leaving 1 Von Erich child out of 6 left alive.
Kevin somehow learned to deal with these unthinkable horrors, watched his mom, then dad, die in the mid-90's, yet continued on. He has been happily married for years with a family of his own.

The Von Erich family is a legendary professional wrestling family. Their actual birth names are "Adkisson", but every member of the family that went into the wrestling business used the ring name "Von Erich", after the family patriarch, Fritz (real name - Jack).

The Von Erich curse is a supposed "curse" on the family. While patriarch Fritz lived until his natural death, four of his five wrestling sons died premature deaths within a 10-year span (as well as his eldest son who was electrocuted as a child). David died in 1984 under circumstances that were disputed for years, while Michael, Kerry, and Chris all committed suicide in subsequent years. Kevin Von Erich is the sole survivor of the Adkisson sons.

[edit] Fritz Von Erich
Main article: Fritz Von Erich
Fritz Von Erich was born on August 16, 1929 in Jewett, Texas. Standing 6'4" tall and weighing 240 lbs, Fritz was an imposing figure who quickly became a top heel in the wrestling business due, in no small part due to his devastating finishing maneuver, "The Iron Claw."

Originally trained by Stu Hart, Fritz became a top star in many National Wrestling Alliance promotions, most notably in St. Louis and in World Class Championship Wrestling.[1]

Despite never having won the NWA World Heavyweight Title, he maintained his presence within the Alliance, holding many other major belts. Fritz also served as NWA President for a short period in the 1970s, as well as President of WCCW when it moved to Dallas, Texas. Fritz was also a major part of Japanese wrestling, where he was known as "Tetsu no Tsume" (in English, "The Iron Claw"), and helped rebuild the business after the death of Rikidozan.

Fritz is the father of the other members of the Von Erich family, and the grandfather of Kevin's son, Ross. He died of lung cancer which spread to his brain in 1997.[2]

[edit] Jack Adkisson
Fritz Von Erich's first son. Died after accidentally being electrocuted and drowning at the age of 7 years old.

[edit] Kevin Von Erich
Main article: Kevin Von Erich
Born May 15, 1957 in Belleville, Illinois, "The Golden Warrior" Kevin Von Erich is the second oldest son of Fritz Von Erich.

The majority of Kevin's career was spent working in World Class Championship Wrestling, where he had many memorable feuds against legendary wrestlers such as Chris Adams, The Fabulous Freebirds, and Ric Flair. It was there that Kevin became known for utilizing the body scissors and iron claw as his trademark manoeuvers, as well as wrestling barefoot.

Kevin retired in 1995 and is now settled down with his family and working in real estate. He has been married for over twenty five years and has two daughters, two sons, and a grandchild. He occasionally makes appearances in wrestling shows, but never wrestles. He is the sole survivor of the sons of Fritz Von Erich. Though he remained in Texas for several years after his retirement, Kevin and his family eventually moved to Hawaii.

In May 2006, Kevin sold the World Class footage to Vince McMahon and World Wrestling Entertainment. By July 2006, Kevin had made two brief appearances at WWE shows when they filmed in Dallas, one before the sale and one after. In his first appearance, at WWE Homecoming, he beat down Rob Conway with several other legends, even applying the legendary Von Erich Claw. He also made a brief appearance on the July 15, 2006 episode of WWE Saturday Night's Main Event.

[edit] David Von Erich
Main article: David Von Erich
"The Yellow Rose of Texas" David Von Erich is the third son of Fritz Von Erich. He was born on July 22, 1958.

David had many memorable feuds, mostly in Fritz's World Class Championship Wrestling promotion. It was there that he faced off with Ric Flair several times for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship (never winning), as well as teamed with brothers Kevin and Kerry against the Fabulous Freebirds. David also wrestled in Missouri, winning the Missouri Heavyweight Title on a couple of occasions.

David died in 1984, reportedly shortly before he was booked to win the NWA World Heavyweight Title from Ric Flair. The official doctor's report states that he died of acute enteritis, but Ric Flair stated in his autobiography To Be the Man that "everyone in wrestling knows" it was a drug overdose that really killed him and that Bruiser Brody (a fellow wrestler who found David) disposed of the narcotics by flushing them down a toilet before the police arrived. Mick Foley also claims that he died from an apparent drug overdose.[1] Brody, a close friend of Von Erich, would later admit that he overreacted in the moment of tragedy and flushed David's pain killers down the toilet. It has been confirmed that David Von Erich's official cause of death was a heart attack caused by ruptured intestines, which were the result of acute enteritis. It should be noted that David is, to the best of anyone's knowledge, the only person that was voted to win the NWA World Championship by the board of directors but died before actually winning the title.

A tribute show was held a couple of months later in his honor, during which his younger brother, Kerry Von Erich, won the NWA title from Ric Flair.[1]

[edit] Kerry Von Erich

Kerry Von ErichMain article: Kerry Von Erich
Kerry Von Erich is the fourth son of Fritz Von Erich. He was born on February 3, 1960 in Niagara Falls, New York. Known as "The Modern Day Warrior" and "The Texas Tornado," Kerry was by far the best-known of the Von Erich Family.

Much like his brothers, Kerry spent the majority of his career wrestling in World Class Championship Wrestling. Amongst the many major feuds he had were those against Gino Hernandez, Iceman Parsons, Chris Adams and The Fabulous Freebirds.

Kerry became the most successful of the Von Erich family when he won the NWA World Heavyweight Title from Ric Flair at the David Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions, a tribute show to his deceased older brother.[1] Kerry lost the belt three weeks later to Flair. Kerry also wrestled for several months in both the World Wrestling Federation and Global Wrestling Federation, two national promotions that were rising to fame at the expense of regional promotions such as WCCW.

On June 4, 1986, Kerry was in a motorcycle accident that nearly ended his life. With a dislocated hip and a badly injured right leg, Kerry was in bad shape. Doctors tried hard, but could not save his foot, eventually amputating it. According to brother Kevin, Kerry injured the foot following surgery by attempting to walk on it prematurely, thus forcing the doctors to amputate it. He was able to continue wrestling after the accident with a fused ankle and until his death kept the amputation secret to the majority of fans and even some fellow competitors.

Kerry had a history of drug problems. Amongst the many of them were two arrests, the first of which resulted in probation. After the second, which violated the probation and likely would have resulted in extensive jail time, Kerry committed suicide by a shot to the heart in 1993 on his father's ranch.

[edit] Mike Von Erich

Mike Von ErichMain article: Mike Von Erich
Mike Von Erich, born March 2, 1964 in Denton, Texas, was the fifth son of Fritz Von Erich.

Mike replaced David in the feud the Von Erichs had with the Fabulous Freebirds following David's death.

After suffering a shoulder injury in 1985 on a tour of Israel, Mike was forced to have surgery. Shortly after, it was discovered that he suffered from Toxic shock syndrome, a rarity in men, and was forced to retire after not being able to return to the ring at full strength anymore. He committed suicide in 1987 by intentional overdose of a tranquilizer.

[edit] Chris Von Erich
Main article: Chris Von Erich
Born September 30, 1969 in Denton, Texas, Chris Von Erich was the youngest, shortest, and least athletic of the Von Erich family. He made many attempts to succeed in the squared circle due to an incredible love of wrestling that kept him going despite numerous injuries. He managed one major feud with Percy Pringle in the USWA, but his career didn't take off like the rest of the family's.

After several years of not being able to succeed in the wrestling business Chris became depressed and frustrated. He was also heartbroken over the loss of his brothers. He committed suicide in 1991.

[edit] Other members

[edit] Ross Von Erich
Ross Von Erich is the stage name of Ross Adkisson. He is the son of Kevin Von Erich and the grandson of Fritz von Erich, and the heir to the Adkisson family name and Von Erich legacy. Ross, like his father before him is also a football player. He is also an alumnus of Billy Ryan High School in Denton, Texas.

[edit] Waldo Von Erich
Main article: Waldo Von Erich
Waldo Von Erich was the stage name of Canadian professional wrestler Walter Sieber. Though billed as the brother of Fritz Von Erich when they teamed, he is not related to the Adkisson family. Waldo is retired and currently working in therapy.

[edit] Lance Von Erich
Main article: Lance Von Erich
Lance Von Erich was the stage name of professional wrestler William Kevin Vaughn. He was billed for a brief period of time in the 1980s as the son of Waldo Von Erich, but there was no biological relation between the two. Lance also has no biological relation to the Adkisson family.[/QUOTE]

very old thread but I do wanna say Mr. Perfect Curt Henning died of cocaine overdose. They found acute amount of cocaine in his system. He passed away in his hotel room all by himself. Very sad. :(

very old thread but I do wanna say Mr. Perfect Curt Henning died of cocaine overdose. They found acute amount of cocaine in his system. He passed away in his hotel room all by himself. Very sad. :(

Mr. Perfect died of imperfection. :giggle:

Honestly though... if you watch "The Wrestler" with Mickey Rourke you get a really honest fantastic view on why a pro wrestler does what he does... even if he knows it could kill 'em. Its a sad list but hey thats life.

Back