What is going on at Gally!!

Its Student Acamedic Center became I. King Jordan Acamedic Center and Washburn Art Building became Linda Art Gallery, resulted, all students are very rage included some staff, faculty, and alumni...

How about dorm?

U heard some story and the fact is someone threw apple juice at Linda Jordan, none else (spit or water or any bs)

I posted elsewhere that I was wrong. It did happen and it was orange juice, according to the daily digest mails I got this weekend.

I posted elsewhere that I was wrong. It did happen and it was orange juice, according to the daily digest mails I got this weekend.

Thats it, am not gonna argue with yall abt which fluid did throw at Linda Jordan, many deaf bloggers and students told me it was apple juice thrown at Linda Jordan...

Gallaudet University are offically LOCKDOWN!!!! All students blocked all gates at 3 am and still on...

no farewell please read carefully, Galludet university shut down the place NOT the protestors due to stalled agreement i knew the parents/dvr/taxpayers are going to have a cow about this... im staying netural whilist i respect the protestors, i wish the poeple would see this as a another way a civil rights lawsuit should have happened not a protest this would have forced a judge to have galladuet students vote for the next president NOT the BOT

no farewell please read carefully, Galludet university shut down the place NOT the protestors due to stalled agreement i knew the parents/dvr/taxpayers are going to have a cow about this... im staying netural whilist i respect the protestors, i wish the poeple would see this as a another way a civil rights lawsuit should have happened not a protest this would have forced a judge to have galladuet students vote for the next president NOT the BOT

Read carefully?! I am working at Gallaudet dorm, 3rd shift and I can see many students ran out of dorm or get enter dorm to get more students to protect the building, now Gallaudet University (included MSSD and KDES) are offically LOCKDOWN!!! Pls read Elisa's blog gallaudet protests more abt University lockdown...

im not going there..... im not here to flame your blaming the students you should be blaming the BOT for not listening.. it goes 2 ways not one

im not going there..... im not here to flame your blaming the students you should be blaming the BOT for not listening.. it goes 2 ways not one

I am not gonna involve protest cuz I am full time staff, but I always got alot info from students abt the incident also read few deaf blogs abt Gallaudet's protest... Many students tried send letter(s) to BoT for few times and BoT still ignored at students... Now, they are working on negoitate with some adm people and still not successful, so they are lockdown the university now...

My thoughts are this: If the students do not want a Deaf President who grew up Oral, then they should not have Hearing Staff on campus.

Here's the link about Gally Gally I knew I was right! *2 points for me* :giggle:

I spoke to a friend of mine who works at Gally. She told me that the students threw apple juice and spit on King. Also told me that there were feces on SAC floor because they didn't want the Board to change the name of the building of SAC from SAC to King University Hall something like that.

ahhh that explain abt this.. tsk tsk

If many students and staff don't like Jane then she need resign for good, then no question for her.

Taylor,

Jane was raise oral, and learned ASL in her late adulthood years, Those deaf students who stick with their little world, its own unique culture "Deaf Culture" believes that a President of Gally should be a deaf person who shares the same beliefs, values, and language which that would be strong ASL as them! Jane is not one of them, so they don't want her to be the President of Gally. The whole thing is so pathetic and embarrassment to all the deaf people out in the world. That is one reason why I don't hang out with people who are so self-center, spoiled, it's either my way or the highway. :roll:

I agree with you! When I first started at Gallaudet as a graduate student, my ASL skills were so-so. I got a lot of dirty looks and even some comments about being "hearing". I was shocked by how narrow minded people can be against deaf people who grew up mainstreamed without learning ASL. They dont realize that for most of us, it was not by choice. Yea, at 3 years old, we have enough concepts :ugh2: to tell our parents we prefer to go to a deaf school, use ASL as our preferred mode of communication and be Deaf. What a joke!

Well, I was all excited to go to Gally and everything, to be with other deafies. When I got there...so many deafies in the collegebound program rejected me right off the bat, was rude, mean, made fun of me, and wouldn't give me the time of the day at all, because I am not very ASL. Guess who I ended up hanging out with, who would let me hang out with? Oral students and CSers...I found I got along much better with them than with the ASLers, they were very nice, easier to communicate with (even though I signed)...it made me feel really sad cause I knew then that I would never fit in at Gally. I came home feeling really depressed. But now I realized that it is for the best, that Gally is not the right school for me.

I went through the same thing but fortunately, I went to Gallaudet as a grad student and most of my classmates were either hearing or Oral students. Now, most of my friends are hearing who can sign or deafies who grew up oral or mainstreamed. I have a few friends who grew up in deaf schools but they are very accepting. I thank them but yes, it is sad that there are so many deafies that wont accept other deafies due to not being ASL enough.

I grew up oral --- learned ASL since I came to Gallaudet when I was 19. Will I be qualified for becoming a president of Gallaudet if I learned ASL later in my life? It hurts when I hear someone mentioned Jane is not qualifed since she learned ASL later on. Her Mom is Deaf too.

It is not about Jane's being an oralist ... but it depends on her potential skills of becoming a President.

I couldnt have said it better!!! Well said! Just like telling a light skinned black person that he/she is not black enough to run Howard University. Imagine that??

Back