Were you deaf and 'gifted' ?

I know it all. I'm not kidding! I'm the world's smartest man!

:P

I just believe that we all are intelligent in some areas than others.....

The OP just came across that they know it all.

Yea...probably was in need of an ego trip or something. :roll: Everyone is smart in their own ways.

How do you know? Maybe his/her computer broke down so he/she can't get back on line. I don't think we should jump to conclusions like this.

yah i remember how annoying it is to have teachers pushing me to do better cuz they believed i m gifted however......., since i really hated being pushed regardless of the intent i rebelled and my grade went south til last minute and i graduated barely lol

but hey they cant say i didnt have a dull mo ment in high school other than old fart of a teacher yakking away about a subject that can be easily read within a paragraph

if i were to do tthis whole thing all over again well i probably ll be worse the 2nd time around
cuz i find mooning fun

yep

How do you know? Maybe his/her computer broke down so he/she can't get back on line. I don't think we should jump to conclusions like this.

Well it is a little bit of a pomptous attitude--don't you think?

I spent most of my senior year the same way, goofing off and I was just really bored in class. Some of the teachers were also lazy and sometimes they'd just tell us to use the computers or read or do homework for other classes instead of a lesson plan. We went to look at colleges and they put a lot of pressure on me to go to Gallaudet and I didn't want to after visiting it. Gallaudet offered me a honors scholarship and I declined. NTID offered me a scholarship as well. I chose NTID (stupidly without visiting it first)and when I went there, I was socially unprepared, I fucked up and they threw me out after only 2 months. My deaf school didn't bother to properly discipline me and gave the the sense that I was invincible and getting in trouble in the real world was the wake up call I needed. I think they were afraid of looking bad if word got out about my troublemaking and I was the best student they had at that time (Valedictorian, honor roll, high SAT scores, etc).

I am much better off but I am still somewhat bitter at those teachers and the school I went to. I don't want to associate with the alumni stuff anymore and I will never give them a penny whenever they ask us for yearly donations. They did help me out but my senior year was a trainwreck and given a choice, I would probably do it all over again because when I left NTID, I didn't go back to college (community college of vt) until 2003. Now that I'm an UVM student, I love it and I should have chosen UVM years ago because it fits so well with my academic skill level.

[/SIZE]Yeah, I can sympathize with that, man. Or as they say today.. I feel ya, dawg. Looks like we were in pretty much the same boat in high school. I was offered a football scholarship to a small Division III college but I turned it down to go to Gally. Never did get a chance to play football at Gally due to health issues. I can understand about being bored. Just out of curiosity, what do you do for a living now? I'm a customer service rep/ passport agent with the US Postal Service. [/SIZE]

Brad BO8, I see that you're a college student so just disregard the question about what you do for a living. Good luck with your college career and I hope you reach your goals, whatever they may be. I may go back to school and finish my degree someday. I dropped out of Gally after 3 years.

Eh I'm a master of the custodial arts. I just can't figure out what I want to do or what I'm qualified for I just said "fuck it" and do whatever I can for money. I know what I'd rather be doing.

Yea...probably was in need of an ego trip or something. :roll: Everyone is smart in their own ways.

too bad they couldn't have responded with a follow-up comment, but as dreama said, perhaps they had computer problems or what not. oh well.

Indeed. Accomodations allowed for a more accurate score. The advantage of the newer revisions is that instead of simply leaving parts out, those parts are amended to account for cognitive differences, so we are now able to get a more accurate picture of overall functioning. Students tend to score even better on the amended tests.

welcome back, jillio! :cool2:

I also experienced this problem, and I'm pretty sure it's common to most blind children, even those who were not born completely blind or born without useful sight.

I scored very much above the norm, but I always do wonder where I'd have scored- and how it would have impacted the choices those around me made about my education- if I had been sighted.

aleser,

if you don't mind my asking, were you ever diagnosed as having a learning disability? the reason i ask is because i was diagnosed as having one from 3rd through 12th grade. (in a previous post i said 11th grade but that was a typo).

i also am curious to know what the differences between my verbal and non verbal scores would have been had i been sighted.

Last edited:
Posting here so I could read here.

I read the OPs post, and I went thru the same thing.

If anyone looked at my IQ score they would expect me to be running a muclear laboratory.

But I am lazy as all hell.

Posting here so I could read here.

I read the OPs post, and I went thru the same thing.

If anyone looked at my IQ score they would expect me to be running a muclear laboratory.

But I am lazy as all hell.

What's a muclear laboratory?

Back