Another Update *sigh*

I hope that the problems are due to your meds... well in some sort of way... only if the the doc is able to fix the problem with your meds in that case! ;)

I really hope that I don't need to have another med change though because as I said, rapid cycling bipolar is difficult to treat and I am just now reaching the point where my cycling is beginning to stabilize.

I understand that.... What would you do if the problem can't be solved in that case? Meaning you only have the choice between bad mood swings due to your bipolar, dizziness or back to the complete deaf world?

That's like a tough decision to take in my pov :shock:

Cross-fingers to wish you get better soon!

JamieLynn

Jamie,

That's a really good question. If I had to pick between stability of my bipolar/rapid cycling vs. dizziness and hearing, I'd pick stability of my bipolar/rapid cycling. If left untreated, bipolar can lead to increasingly severe manic episodes as one ages and these episodes can include psychosis, delusions and paranoia. I experience all of these symptoms with the type of bipolar I have, but given that psychosis, delusions and paranoia have the potential to become more severe, I worry about suicidal tendencies if I should lose touch with reality. ***possible trigger*** During the first manic/psychotic episode I had in 2006 I nearly injested an entire bottle of Tylenol after my voices told me to. Fortunately, I was drifting in and out of reality at the time, so I was aware enough to ignore them. That's the kind of thing I fear if my bipolar goes untreated. If I have to live without my CIs, I can do that because I already know how to function as a totally deafblind person. I would miss the hearing I had with my CIs, but it's not worth risking my stability when it comes to my bipolar because there's just too much at stake.

Hi again everyone,

I just wanted to thank all of you for your concern. I really appreciate it! <group hug>

Thanks, Char! <hugs>

I like your suggestion of putting a slower speed on one of my programs. I didn't know it was possible to do that. I always thought that you could only use one speed, but I will definitely have to ask my audi for more information. If I could experiment with 750 Hz, I may have some luck in reducing or eliminating my dizziness. Right now both of my CIs are set to 900 Hz.

Well it should be possible because when i started off I had 2 set of speeds until i got used to it then moved on to next level of speed.

Hi again everyone,

I just wanted to thank all of you for your concern. I really appreciate it! <group hug>

You are very welcome, any problems we are here for you.

*sigh* I had to have someone turn down sensitivity even further today because sounds were getting on my nerves again. This is so frustrating.

Jamie,

That's a really good question. If I had to pick between stability of my bipolar/rapid cycling vs. dizziness and hearing, I'd pick stability of my bipolar/rapid cycling. If left untreated, bipolar can lead to increasingly severe manic episodes as one ages and these episodes can include psychosis, delusions and paranoia. I experience all of these symptoms with the type of bipolar I have, but given that psychosis, delusions and paranoia have the potential to become more severe, I worry about suicidal tendencies if I should lose touch with reality. ***possible trigger*** During the first manic/psychotic episode I had in 2006 I nearly injested an entire bottle of Tylenol after my voices told me to. Fortunately, I was drifting in and out of reality at the time, so I was aware enough to ignore them. That's the kind of thing I fear if my bipolar goes untreated. If I have to live without my CIs, I can do that because I already know how to function as a totally deafblind person. I would miss the hearing I had with my CIs, but it's not worth risking my stability when it comes to my bipolar because there's just too much at stake.

I think this is a very sensable decision. I'm glad you found the baloons useful. I wonder how low sound can get before you stop beiing able to feel them on the baloon. Maybe you could try experienment with the volume you use right now.

I hope you get everything sorted.

(hugs)

I think this is a very sensable decision. I'm glad you found the baloons useful. I wonder how low sound can get before you stop beiing able to feel them on the baloon. Maybe you could try experienment with the volume you use right now.

I hope you get everything sorted.

(hugs)

dreama,

<hugs>

I'm going to try experimenting with the volume tonight although if truth be told, I'm at the point where I no longer care. I received an e-mail from my audi's receptionist who said that my yearly CI testing is coming up in April. I'm getting tired of all this. I just want the dizziness to end already. Sorry if I sound like a whiner. I'm just frustrated.

Right now I'm experiencing conflicting emotions. On the one hand, I don't care anymore. On the other, I do. I hate the thought of missing my music. Music means everything to me and happens to be something that helps lift me out of my depression. If I had to go without my CIs and could no longer hear music, I don't know what I'd do. I don't mean to imply that deafness is the end of the world because it's not, but when you've been into music as much as I have over the past 30+ years, it's a great loss.

Thanks, typeingtornado. I just don't know what I want to do. I'm tempted to only use my CIs to hear music and then go on living my life as a totally deafblind person with tactile terps and SSPs.

I'm feeling depressed right now because all I can think about are my two activation days. I'm sorry if I'm making anyone who is reading this feel bad. I don't mean to. Lady encouraged me to vent if I had to, so I'm venting.

In a way, I feel like I've lost my hearing all over again like I did in 1995.

Thanks, typeingtornado. To be honest, I really don't know how much good talking is going to do because it won't change anything. I hope you understand.

Is it possible that you need a new mapping and lower everything by 5% so the loudness won't bother you. I have CI in both ears and they works great. Both are equality balance.

Back