Another Update *sigh*

Hi everyone,

I think I may have found another solution. After talking to my therapist by phone today via relay, he suggested that I take what he called a rescue med whenever I feel myself start to rapid cycle. What the med is designed to do is calm me so that I don't cycle between feeling level, angry/irritable, depressed or manic every hour or within minutes. I don't know if this is what I'm going to do yet. I need to talk to my psychiatrist first to ask him what he thinks about this idea. Knowing that I have another possible avenue I can take makes me feel alot better.

You have so many people supporting you here! So don't give up!

Do you have anybody you can talk to (around you) for support when you feel down? Or anybody that is willing to do something with you together in order to get other things on your mind, like a walk outside or whatever you feel like doing?

<hug> JamieLynn

PS. On another side note I read you love writing - me too <smile>

You have so many people supporting you here! So don't give up!

Do you have anybody you can talk to (around you) for support when you feel down? Or anybody that is willing to do something with you together in order to get other things on your mind, like a walk outside or whatever you feel like doing?

<hug> JamieLynn

PS. On another side note I read you love writing - me too <smile>

I'd rather not open up to anyone I know because I'm afraid of bringing them down along with me. One of my best friends of 15 years used to be a constant complainer and every time I think about telling someone that I'm depressed, all I hear is her crying on the phone and telling me how miserable her life was. Besides, I worry that if I do find someone who is willing to listen to the things I have to say when I'm feeling depressed, all that will do is fuel the need for attention making it more difficult for me to learn how to cope with my depression on my own. I'm thinking about joining a support group for people who have bipolar, but this depends on several factors such as whether or not I can take a cab there (all of the groups I was given are quite a distance from my home) and how many people are in the group. When I'm around alot of people or people who talk over each other, it makes me manic.

I also have alot of friends that I know at my university, but many of them live on the other side of town and I don't want to impose on their time by asking them to drive to my apartment just to come and see me. I would come to see them, but cab fare is $23 one way.

As far as writing is concerned, send me a PM sometime and let me know what kinds of things you enjoy writing. I love poetry, prose, short stories and fiction. Right now I'm in the process of writing a book I hope to publish about my experiences with bipolar and psychosis. So far, I've completed 10 chapters. It has been a very interesting book to write and I hope others enjoy reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

I shall look forward to your book Lisa.... when it comes out!! (and Hope it comes out in UK failing that you can send me an autographed one!!) ;-P

Oh well that is now something to smile about! LOL. We have our own celebrity author now... <smile> I am only writing for fun though... I'll PM you about it a little while later. I am still in the course of cleaning and just waiting for the floor to dry.

Sorry to read that all your friends live so far away... I am not really into those therapy groups at all, though I don't think I effectively ever need one <shrug>. I both had speech therapy and psychological therapy on my own in childhood but that's about it. A shame that all of the ones suitable for you are far away. Isn't there any other kind of help you could get that would help you get there considering you're blind, hence can't drive? <hmmm>

I mean, as a friend I take my neighbor every two weeks to the grocery store to help her carry the heavy stuff (water, milk,...) just so she can stock up and save money by buying large quantities. A friend in my pov would do that (but again that's just my opinion). I would do it in an instant if it could help you and if my timetable would allow me to do so... <grin>

JamieLynn

Hey Lisa , I'd love your book!! when it's published , alert me and I will look to order it!

I do write sometimes , rarely though , and more for my own entertaintment , I never show it around , too shy..most are in Greek anyhow...

As for the group situations..I can understand you..I'm too shy and get in my shell in public situations...

Hi everyone,

Today my psychiatrist prescribed a med that I should take 2-3x/day as needed whenever I start to rapid cycle and become angry/irritable. I think this will be exactly what I need since my rapid cycling seems to cause me problems when I become angry/irritated. Hopefully this will go hand-in-hand with my dizziness. If I'm able to relax and calm down, perhaps the dizziness will go away.

Hi hear again.
How are you feeling today?

I hope your new meds work.

I'm also writing a book. Mine is a fantasy novel. I've been working on it for a long time. Writing books are very theraputic anyway.

(hugs)

dreama,

I couldn't agree with you more about writing being therapeutic. Unfortunately, my bipolar has kept me from my writing only because when I'm feeling depressed I don't have the motivation to and when I'm manic, I feel too exciteable and full of energy to sit down and write.

Good news. Earlier I took a dose of the med my psychiatrist prescribed to help calm myself down and it started working in 20 minutes. I still feel calm as I write this, so I really think it's going to allow me to keep my cycling and anger/irritability under control.

Psychiatrist works on Sunday?

Psychiatrists are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All of them have a 24 hour answering service that patients can call in the event of an emergency (i.e. they encounter problems with meds, have questions about dosages or side effects, are depressed, manic, etc.).

Since I have problems with rapid cycling, mania, depression, auditory hallucinations, delusions and paranoia, my psychiatrist wants me to notify him ASAP if I'm experiencing any of these symptoms since they can cause me to become psychotic, delusional and/or paranoid, harm myself or others or make poor decisions while manic that can lead to dangerous consequences.

Psychiatrists are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All of them have a 24 hour answering service that patients can call in the event of an emergency (i.e. they encounter problems with meds, have questions about dosages or side effects, are depressed, manic, etc.).

Since I have problems with rapid cycling, mania, depression, auditory hallucinations, delusions and paranoia, my psychiatrist wants me to notify him ASAP if I'm experiencing any of these symptoms since they can cause me to become psychotic, delusional and/or paranoid, harm myself or others or make poor decisions while manic that can lead to dangerous consequences.

Thats right. My pdoc doesn't work every day, but I was given a number where I can reach a psych any time I need to. I place the call to the switchboard and whoever IS on call calls me back. Sometimes I get lucky and my therapist is on call, but sometimes, it's someone else. However, someone is ALWAYS available. That's the purpose of it.

Thats right. My pdoc doesn't work every day, but I was given a number where I can reach a psych any time I need to. I place the call to the switchboard and whoever IS on call calls me back. Sometimes I get lucky and my therapist is on call, but sometimes, it's someone else. However, someone is ALWAYS available. That's the purpose of it.

My therapist happens to be the therapist who is on call after hours during emergencies. If I'm struggling (like I was a few days ago), I can call his office and the answering service will page him, informing him that it is an emergency and to return my call ASAP. When I spoke to my therapist 2 days ago, it was at midnight. This was the first time in the 1.5 years I've been in therapy with him that I've called after hours. He was obviously home at the time, but explained that it isn't unusual for patients to call him during all hours of the day and night. That's their job. Aside from that, in the therapist's (and social worker's) code of ethics, there is a stipulation which says they have a moral responsibility to help any client or stranger who is in danger or need of immediate help.

Hi everyone,

This morning I received an e-mail from my audi's receptionist. She would like to see me for additional testing as requested by my CI surgeon. I will keep all of you updated as to what happens as well as the final results. Please keep your fingers crossed that we can find a cause for the dizziness I've been experiencing.

Thanks typeingtornado and Jamie! :) I sent an e-mail to my CI surgeon asking if I might have Tullio's or something similar, but I haven't heard back.

Hi everyone,

I received the following e-mail from my CI surgeon this afternoon:

"Lisa,

Tullio's phenomenon is when sound pressure causes dizziness. Since you
hear electrically you can't have this phenomenon. I don't know why you
are suddenly having sound induced dizziness so I asked Linda to arrange
some tests. Basically we will monitor your eye movements while she plays
sounds that cause dizziness. If the problem is in the ear itself your
eyes will move in certain ways to let me know. If there are no eye
movements then we need to suppose that the dizziness is more central and
will have to look further as to the cause. Right now I am as puzzled as
you but hopefully we can find an answer."

I will let all of you know the results of my testing. Hopefully we can find a reason as to why this is happening.

Back