Another Update *sigh*

does your bipolar not make sounds extra loud when your having a manic episode because you're so worked up or does it happen when your calm as well?

i wish I could help you more but I dont have a clue, Let me know how you get on

xx

In a way, I feel like I've lost my hearing all over again like I did in 1995.

:( I think you should give the audi and CI people a chance to see if they can find the reason behind it all and then make a decision. I know it is tough to do that! Everybody hates being in a situation they don't want to be... (I'm just saying...)

Maybe I would turn off the CI everytime I don't "need" them in order to reduce the dizziness so that you can feel "normal" or I should say more comfortable... not sure...

It's difficult for me to help you so I hope Charlotte was able to give you some sort of comfort. :D

In the meantime I am sending you yet another <<<<hug>>>> (is this easier for you to read than the smilies?) sigh...

JamieLynn

:( I think you should give the audi and CI people a chance to see if they can find the reason behind it all and then make a decision. I know it is tough to do that! Everybody hates being in a situation they don't want to be... (I'm just saying...)

Maybe I would turn off the CI everytime I don't "need" them in order to reduce the dizziness so that you can feel "normal" or I should say more comfortable... not sure...

It's difficult for me to help you so I hope Charlotte was able to give you some sort of comfort. :D

In the meantime I am sending you yet another <<<<hug>>>> (is this easier for you to read than the smilies?) sigh...

JamieLynn

Thanks, Jamie.

I'm feeling alot better about everything this morning. I was cycling yesterday which is why I felt so depressed. I've decided to give my audi and CI surgeon a chance to find out what's going on. The more I think about it, the more I suspect that one of my meds (unfortunately, one of my bipolar meds) may be responsible for causing this since my dizziness began shortly after I started taking it.

I don't mind either way whether you enclose words in brackets or use an emoticon. I can read both of them just fine using my screen reader or Braille display. Thanks for asking. :)

does your bipolar not make sounds extra loud when your having a manic episode because you're so worked up or does it happen when your calm as well?

When I'm manic, sounds are much louder than normal. I honestly don't know whether or not this happens when I'm level only because it has been quite awhile since I felt calm. I thought my moods were beginning to stabilize, but I started cycling again yesterday evening between feeling level, extremely angry/irritable and depressed, so I don't know. I'll have to pay closer attention to sounds when my moods start to even out.

Is it possible that you need a new mapping and lower everything by 5% so the loudness won't bother you. I have CI in both ears and they works great. Both are equality balance.

I just had a mapping last week in which all of the frequencies were lowered several notches. It helped for awhile, but my dizziness has come back. The good news is that my audi said there is still plenty of room for us to turn down the electrodes that are currently being used.

I'm feeling alot better about everything this morning. I was cycling yesterday which is why I felt so depressed. I've decided to give my audi and CI surgeon a chance to find out what's going on. The more I think about it, the more I suspect that one of my meds (unfortunately, one of my bipolar meds) may be responsible for causing this since my dizziness began shortly after I started taking it.

I have this certain feeling that you might be right about the meds having a negative effect on the CI ever since you had mentioned it :hmm: Not sure whether I would want it to be the reason because:

1. the positive side: you know what the reason is
2. the negative side: you'd need to find new meds to treat your bipolar

I'm happy though to read that you are feeling better today! :wave: It's funny because I am actually feeling down today ;)

I don't mind either way whether you enclose words in brackets or use an emoticon. I can read both of them just fine using my screen reader or Braille display. Thanks for asking. :)

Oh okay... I was just making sure because I didn't know and I noticed several people using the other version (not the emoticons). I only wanted to use the "language" you can read/understand.

:hug: JamieLynn

Thanks for asking, Jamie. I know some blind and deafblind ADers prefer that people write words in brackets, so that's what I always try to do when I know they are participating in a given thread.

One of the downsides of my meds causing dizziness is the fact that my anti-depressant is the one that might be responsible. If this is the case, it means that I will either have to decrease my dosage by 10mg or switch to a different med altogether. I'm hoping I won't have to do the latter because the anti-depressant I'm on has been proven to work well with the mood stabilizer I'm taking (according to what my psychiatrist and therapist told me). When used together, they help to control rapid cycling, mania and depression.

Thanks for asking, Jamie. I know some blind and deafblind ADers prefer that people write words in brackets, so that's what I always try to do when I know they are participating in a given thread.

Thanks! I will try to keep this in mind for future reference! I'm still new though to this board so I don't know yet whom of us is deaf or deaf-blind (besides you <wink>). I'll do my best though <smile>

One of the downsides of my meds causing dizziness is the fact that my anti-depressant is the one that might be responsible. If this is the case, it means that I will either have to decrease my dosage by 10mg or switch to a different med altogether. I'm hoping I won't have to do the latter because the anti-depressant I'm on has been proven to work well with the mood stabilizer I'm taking (according to what my psychiatrist and therapist told me). When used together, they help to control rapid cycling, mania and depression.

I am sure the docs will figure out a way to help you, so just keep us posted and every time you feel like rambling, we are here for you <wave>

JamieLynn (who is off for dinner now - bf is starving and me too <giggle>)

Thanks, Jamie! <hugs> My psychiatrist is wonderful and promised me that he will do everything he can to reduce my rapid cycling. Right now we are aiming to decrease my cycling from every hour (and sometimes every minute) to once or twice/day.

Hear Again - I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through with your CIs on top of everything else. I hope things get better for you as quickly as they possibly can.

(Hugs hear again).

I'm sorry you are going through this. I can understand how you feel about music.

I'm tempted to only use my CIs to hear music and then go on living my life as a totally deafblind person with tactile terps and SSPs.

That might work? Or maybe try music with a combination of lower CI setting and vibrating balloon? It is sensible to put your Bipolar first over the hearing. I wish you luck whatever you decide.

<hugs> Hear Again..don't be sad , it will pass soon and u'll find a solution soon!!! I've been thinking of you lately..

Thanks, Vivie! <hugs> I'm feeling better today and no longer feel discouraged by what is happening. I have no idea how I'll feel tomorrow or even next hour, but I'm going to do my best to hang in there. :)

(Hugs hear again).

I'm sorry you are going through this. I can understand how you feel about music.

That might work? Or maybe try music with a combination of lower CI setting and vibrating balloon? It is sensible to put your Bipolar first over the hearing. I wish you luck whatever you decide.

I think what I'm going to do for now is lower sensitivity and use that when listening to music. If I keep the volume low, I don't have any problems with dizziness. I'm also going to wait until my audi talks to my psychiatrist. Maybe they can put their heads together and find a cause for this. I think it might be due to one of my meds, but will have to wait until next week when I have an appointment with my psychiatrist before I can find out what he thinks. If the dizziness is being caused by my anti-depressant or my other meds, I'm going to ask my doctor or CI surgeon if they can prescribe something for dizziness.

I am sorry and don't know what to say!!

Hope you will be fine sooner! :grouphug:

Back