Will I qualify for Social Security Disability benefits ? Hearing loss on both ears 90

Your ex's ex?? How many ex's does that make your ex had? heh

Ambrosia will you be my next ex-wife?!?!? :naughty::naughty:

Just kidding!!! :laugh2::laugh2:

Always the funny guy!! They're both whacked and should get back together and live in whacked out bliss for all their days :D

So you're just not reading the part about his speech reception being at 60 and 65 decibels?? I'd have to go back and read his post and check, but I got the feeling he's late deafened, speech reception at 60 and 65 decibels is not THAT bad. Unless he had sine crazy ski slope going on that would make him hard to fit, which it doesn't sound like he does, he'd probably do fine with them.

I have no idea about what speech reception means. :confused:

He wouldn't able to hear to make understand the oral language without hearing aids or CI, except for lipreading.

Wow...I have social phobia, my sisters, my mother and I are all on anti-anxiety meds and all of us work...I don't know how so many people can lie through their teeth and not get caught but Karma's a bitch. My mother had been sick most of her live yet she continued to work part time until her illness forced her into retirement. She only gets $300 a month for her nursing pension. Unreal....

I have anxiety issue and couldn't take anti-anxiety medicine anymore because of their side effect worsen my medical condition. I only reserved for most severe and panic attack.

Wow...I have social phobia, my sisters, my mother and I are all on anti-anxiety meds and all of us work...I don't know how so many people can lie through their teeth and not get caught but Karma's a bitch. My mother had been sick most of her live yet she continued to work part time until her illness forced her into retirement. She only gets $300 a month for her nursing pension. Unreal....

And it all started with a fight she got into with husband, and apparently she can never deal with anything ever again. I think she's a hypochondriac or something, I'm "friends" with her on Facebook, my god, the woman goes to the ER like its CVS. Always something wrong with her always, and her kids, she's forever convinced there's something going on with them. People drive me crazy.

I have no idea about what speech reception means. :confused:

He wouldn't able to hear to make understand the oral language without hearing aids or CI, except for lipreading.

That's what was so confusing about his post :D like reception on a sattelite for instance, it receiving the signal, it's getting reception. I've never heard it put quite like that but that sounds like he's getting speech, receiving the signal ;), at 60 and 65dbs, so why he's testing at 90 I don't know, unless he's just throwing that number out there.

I have anxiety issue and couldn't take anti-anxiety medicine anymore because of their side effect worsen my medical condition. I only reserved for most severe and panic attack.

The side effects are awful for most of them and I've tried several. One of them, my mother blames for a nervous tick she claims I have involving a "shaky head." Anyway, I stopped that one and worked down the line to find a med that didn't have any...and there's really none.

At my former job, which I loved, I just stopped taking the meds cold turkey; I didn't think it was a big deal - I was wrong. This stuff is like Herion if you try and stop. I thought I was losing my mind - not able to make a sentence, think straight. My coworker almost drove me to the hospital when she found out. I ended up on another medication that's been better. I tried to get my doctor to give me a prescription for propranolol which actors sometimes use for stage fright...but he wouldn't give it to me. Too dangerous.....

That's what was so confusing about his post :D like reception on a sattelite for instance, it receiving the signal, it's getting reception. I've never heard it put quite like that but that sounds like he's getting speech, receiving the signal ;), at 60 and 65dbs, so why he's testing at 90 I don't know, unless he's just throwing that number out there.

Think he might have been posting BS to throw people off? We get people like that here I've noticed....

I bet 60% speech recognition

Think he might have been posting BS to throw people off? We get people like that here I've noticed....

Who knows, he could be legit, but if he's not I'm sure he wouldn't be the first person trying to scam some disability pay.

The side effects are awful for most of them and I've tried several. One of them, my mother blames for a nervous tick she claims I have involving a "shaky head." Anyway, I stopped that one and worked down the line to find a med that didn't have any...and there's really none.

At my former job, which I loved, I just stopped taking the meds cold turkey; I didn't think it was a big deal - I was wrong. This stuff is like Herion if you try and stop. I thought I was losing my mind - not able to make a sentence, think straight. My coworker almost drove me to the hospital when she found out. I ended up on another medication that's been better. I tried to get my doctor to give me a prescription for propranolol which actors sometimes use for stage fright...but he wouldn't give it to me. Too dangerous.....

Yes, all anti-anixety medicines I tried make me very sleepy and drunk all day, even 8 hours sleep isn't help. Some of anti-anixety medicines gave me irritated tummy (GI) for long period and I wasn't comfortable to eat. I couldn't drive while very sleepy and couldn't stop errand. My body feel better after off all medicines with only symptoms caused by medical condition.

That's true about anti-anixety medicines could cause addiction if you take for very long time - known as withdrawal symptoms.

My grandma has anxiety and she's on Xanax. If she stop or forget to take it regularly so she went into extreme nervous and laid on bed. I went in her room and asked her about what was wrong so she told me go away. She grabbed the blanket intensively. I had no knowledge about her condition until I became adult. :(

Thanks friends... I took that offer as I was ready to accept any offer..

I used to work 3 years back 250k
2 years back 200 k
1 year back 160k
12 months out of job...
Now 70k

Joining next Monday..

I never thought of any help from govt when my times are good. Now I am in really bad shape... So one of my friend told that we can keep working and there are govt plans to help supplemental income.

2 years back 200 k
1 year back 160k
12 months out of job...
Now 70k

Joining next Monday..

I never thought of any help from govt when my times are good. Now I am in really bad shape... So one of my friend told that we can keep working and there are govt plans to help supplemental income.

$70,000 per year is too much so you can't have SSDI/SSI at all.

It doesn't matter how much you earned before you become disabled. When you become disabled (unable to work due to disability), you are eligible for SSDI as long as you paid SS taxes for at least 10 years.

2 years back 200 k
1 year back 160k
12 months out of job...
Now 70k

Joining next Monday..

Really? With $70k pay, your friend must be crazy as long as you were talking about SSI (Supplemental Security Income).

Supplemental Security Income

It is designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income;

If you can no longer afford your house, sell it.

It is sad to see wage dropping - $250,000 to $70,000 now. :(

2 years back 200 k
1 year back 160k
12 months out of job...
Now 70k

Joining next Monday..

I want you to know that Deaf people who I know don't have HA or CI or don't speak do make 200K a year, either psychologist or computer related or financial related. I am sure that you would be able to keep finding a job that would fits you rather than relying on SSDI because SSDI pays like 20k a year. You are still in 30's. There do have more time for you to explore through your job options to change when you have time. You haven't mention about hearing aids, and or cochlear implants so you have more time to check into those device sounds whatever works for you. Stay positive.

Try not to give up.. keep exploring through your job options. I can understand about 250k is a nice one. I wish I had 250k before. I make way little than what you make. :)

Thank you friends... Appreciate your kind suggestions..

I am not aware of any of these as I never looked these in past.

Appreciate your help..

I am little worried as my earning capabilities were dropped drastically...

Back