Will I qualify for Social Security Disability benefits ? Hearing loss on both ears 90

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10095.pdf

attachment.php

You need to get a job that pays less than 20k a year.

Attachments

• ssdilimit.jpg
    ssdilimit.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 140
I think it's all moot anyway, his post was a little confusing, he says he tested at 90dbs, then inmediately after said his speech tested at around 60? That's aid able, I don't think they'll give it to you if you have an aidable loss.

I don't care if you are surprised.

I have medical condition that make unsafe to be uninsured, also I'm still in school as well.

I haven't seen anyone admit that before. That's all. My side complains all of the time that people abuse the system but people who like the system usually deny it.

I think it's all moot anyway, his post was a little confusing, he says he tested at 90dbs, then inmediately after said his speech tested at around 60? That's aid able, I don't think they'll give it to you if you have an aidable loss.

You mean unaidable loss right? Cause if it's aidable they would be benefiting (or cheating?) in a way!

I never realized SSA would check for how your audiogram comes out - it sounds kind of interesting because we all have differences in our losses, it seems a bit unreasonable to base recipient status on a dB number.

I haven't seen anyone admit that before. That's all. My side complains all of the time that people abuse the system but people who like the system usually deny it.

I never, never liked SSDI but only one option that I have right now.

My medical condition has mostly prevent from workable.

90 dbs? I'm scared that hearing aids may not help.

I recommended cochlear implant (CI).

I made mistake in previous post after think it was 60 but his ears are 90 now.

90 dbs is about fall under profound category.

Try hearing aids first and if not work then CI is final option.

90 dbs? I'm scared that hearing aids may not help.

I recommended cochlear implant (CI).

I made mistake in previous post after think it was 60 but his ears are 90 now.

90 dbs is about fall under profound category.

Try hearing aids first and if not work then CI is final option.

My loss starts at 90 and the immediately drops off into the 100s, but read his and my posts again, he says 90, but then says 60/65, so which is it?

My loss starts at 90 and the immediately drops off into the 100s, but read his and my posts again, he says 90, but then says 60/65, so which is it?

He said that he has 90 dbs in both ears now but 2 years ago, he had 55-60 dbs.

His hearing got worse now than 2 years ago.

You mean unaidable loss right? Cause if it's aidable they would be benefiting (or cheating?) in a way!

I never realized SSA would check for how your audiogram comes out - it sounds kind of interesting because we all have differences in our losses, it seems a bit unreasonable to base recipient status on a dB number.

No, if his loss is aidable he likely wouldn't be able to get.

But I was curious about, right after I moved to SC I wanted to go to school full time, and I'm a mom, I wondered if I could get it temporarily just while I was in school, the social security department set up an appointment with an Audi, I had to have a hearing test with and without my hearing aids in. I was told that my with hearing with my aids was good enough to join the workforce so no, I couldn't get it.

I've had more loss since then, a lot more, but I'm done with school and wouldn't take SSDI even if I could get it. I'd rather work, and be bringing in more $$

Pure tone audiometry demonstrated a moderately severe to severe sensorineural hearing loss (90 dbhl, bilaterally. Speech reception thresholds (SRTs) were established at 65 dBHL, right, and at 60 dBHL, left.

Am I eligible. If so can you please let me the the process.

Thanks,
Vas

Here you go foxrac, the confusing part of his post. Also if he tested at 90 profound would have been used, like severe to profound. I can't imagine testing at 90 and them calling it severe

Here you go foxrac, the confusing part of his post. Also if he tested at 90 profound would have been used, like severe to profound. I can't imagine testing at 90 and them calling it severe

I understand about what he said.

90 dbs is about one number away from profound (wikipedia say 91+ is profound).

Not all hearing aids will work - varies by person to person.

I've had more loss since then, a lot more, but I'm done with school and wouldn't take SSDI even if I could get it. I'd rather work, and be bringing in more $$

You sound too good to be true.....:lol:

I've had at least 10 deaf folks tell me that I am "stupid for working when I can get SSDI for free".....

I will apply one day....when I can no longer work due to a serious physical (or mental) disability.

You sound too good to be true.....:lol:

I've had at least 10 deaf folks tell me that I am "stupid for working when I can get SSDI for free".....

I will apply one day....when I can no longer work due to a serious physical (or mental) disability.

Aww thanks :giggle: and I did end up going to school full time, working full time, taking care of the house and the kids and the manic depressive crazy husband. It was an interesting couple of years.

Yeah I hear ya!! My ex, his ex (the mother if his other 2 kids) started collecting yeeeaaars ago, she only could 10 hours a week because of anxiety. I always wanted to punch her in the throat. Bitch I'm deaf, put on your big girl panties and go to work. At one point she wanted more child support, she sent us forms to fill out and she wanted me to put down my income too. No honey, I don't have to pay for your kids, if you want more money GET A JOB!!

Your ex's ex?? How many ex's does that make your ex had? heh

Ambrosia will you be my next ex-wife?!?!? :naughty::naughty:

Just kidding!!! :laugh2::laugh2:

I understand about what he said.

90 dbs is about one number away from profound (wikipedia say 91+ is profound).

Not all hearing aids will work - varies by person to person.

So you're just not reading the part about his speech reception being at 60 and 65 decibels?? I'd have to go back and read his post and check, but I got the feeling he's late deafened, speech reception at 60 and 65 decibels is not THAT bad. Unless he had sine crazy ski slope going on that would make him hard to fit, which it doesn't sound like he does, he'd probably do fine with them.

she only could 10 hours a week because of anxiety.

Wow...I have social phobia, my sisters, my mother and I are all on anti-anxiety meds and all of us work...I don't know how so many people can lie through their teeth and not get caught but Karma's a bitch. My mother had been sick most of her live yet she continued to work part time until her illness forced her into retirement. She only gets $300 a month for her nursing pension. Unreal....

Back