why is Jehovah witness knocking on my door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone I really want to see either has a key or will text me before coming over. Other then that I never answer the front door when I am home alone.

Anyone I really want to see either has a key or will text me before coming over. Other then that I never answer the front door when I am home alone.

People came come right into my condo the main door has no lock on it. No one wanted to deal with unlocking the door to come in.

People came come right into my condo the main door has no lock on it. No one wanted to deal with unlocking the door to come in.

But surely the individual units have the type of locks that would be used on an outside door if a house?

But surely the individual units have the type of locks that would be used on an outside door if a house?

Now what do you think ? I answer my door when the JW came to my door b/c I did not wanting leaving the junk at my door and I also wanted to made it clear that I do not like them trespassing . I not the kind of person to hide behind my door when JW do show up.

This is what I got today... of course it went to the recycle bin... ;) It's not just my house... the whole neighborhood got the same thing on their door. I really doubt it is from Sorenson.

Same here (got it - put it in the recycle bin)

My mom would put a few of her religious booklets, that she subscribed to and had already read, near the door and when the JW would come to the door, she'd take their pamphlet and hand them one of her booklets. It can go both ways. :cool2:

Same here (got it - put it in the recycle bin)

My mom would put a few of her religious booklets, that she subscribed to and had already read, near the door and when the JW would come to the door, she'd take their pamphlet and hand them one of her booklets. It can go both ways. :cool2:

My dad would tell us to file junk mail into the trash can. We did not have recycling then but my town was one of first one to start recycling .

My dad would tell us to file junk mail into the trash can. We did not have recycling then but my town was one of first one to start recycling .

Eh, I was saying that I RECENTLY got the same pamphlet and put it in my recycle bin. That pic is obviously recent because it has JW.ORG on it.

what ever you do don't try start discussion or argument about God they come back if do

:lol:...I'll never forget that morning when some JW's came to my door and knocked...I was not feeling well that day...my doggie kept barking at the door...I looked thru the peep=hole to see them standing there...My hair was a mess....:lol:...took the top lock off the door and cracked it and shouted..."Get the hell away from here and never come back here again"!...The man and woman stepped back...a look of shock on their faces!...

I've never had a problem since....hopefully never again. But they are a persistent bunch....

Never had Jehovah Witness knocking on my door, thanks goodness. But they do drop pamphlet in mail boxes.

If I get a JW pamphlet from the mail box... I'll read it for a bit and throw it in trash.

Never had Jehovah Witness knocking on my door, thanks goodness. But they do drop pamphlet in mail boxes.

If I get a JW pamphlet from the mail box... I'll read it for a bit and throw it in trash.

That is illegal , they can't go into people mailboxes . I was posting some notices about a meeting for the landfill in my city and I was told NOT to put any notices inside a mailbox . You should report JW if they do that again.

Sounds like it is not illegal in Australia

just on our news a couple jw taken their dying boy out of hospital over to france,,I believe he was being treated for brain tumour and unless he go back to hospital he will die

I remembered my father answered the door once after working a night shift and played the card, "I speak no English." He played with them for like five minutes and then shut the door on their faces. They came back about a month later and my father answered with his gun (it was like 7:30am) and he had just been in bed. Burglars had been going around casing houses for weeks at that time and he was home alone. The two guys ran off the property after that. :lol:

I didn't have problem with JW until I got hearing aids but they knock on the doors of all the people here. I let them make the neighbors mad and let them deal with them. I should play screamo/heavy metal next time I notice them about. :D

That is illegal , they can't go into people mailboxes . I was posting some notices about a meeting for the landfill in my city and I was told NOT to put any notices inside a mailbox . You should report JW if they do that again.

Not illegal in Australia, but some people have sticker or label on their mail box saying "no junk mails"... so JW won't be able to post pamphlet in those mail boxes (and any other junk mails like catalog for food shopping deals etc won't be delivered too so they only will get the mails that's named to the people who live at that house etc).

I'd better not run into these people today while I'm downtown. Doing that at Lincolnwood Mall was bad enough. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

I was approached at the student commons in college, passed them, and dismissed their chance to start a convo with me and I said "Sorry guys, but I need my holiday fix!" :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back