why is Jehovah witness knocking on my door

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno....I think it's kinda strange they would do this because the owners, the Sorenson's are Mormon if I recall correctly.....

somebody lower than them :lol:

I have three VP's at my home, and I never get any JW visitors.

Hey JWers, please don't start, I have a vicious dog at my home!

and plus shotgun at my home! I am the Prayer of War.... Minister of Death... :rl::rifle:

This is my personal viewpoint:

I'm a Christian, and I believe in sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with as many people as possible in a personal way.

I also believe that God will not honor devious methods even if done for "good" reasons. God's Word and ways are powerful, and He doesn't need to sneak His way into anyone's heart thru lies or deception. He wants the truth to set people free, not confuse or intimidate them.

If someone is ready to accept Him, He will make a way, without any tricks.

I'm a Christian, and I believe in sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with as many people as possible in a personal way.

I also believe that God will not honor devious methods even if done for "good" reasons. God's Word and ways are powerful, and He doesn't need to sneak His way into anyone's heart thru lies or deception. He wants the truth to set people free, not confuse or intimidate them.

yup. agreed. God's love has to be accepted on free will. JW's method is detestable and shrewd.

and plus shotgun at my home! I am the Prayer of War.... Minister of Death... :rl::rifle:
I have an American Flag and Bible verse at my front door, and they also seem to be effective deterrents. :)

Despite what the JW's portray, they aren't Bible scholars. I'm not a scholar either but when they are confronted by someone at the door who is not confused by their twisting of the Bible it usually puts an end to their attempt. The Bible itself is a very effective weapon. JW's typically rehearse specific passages of the Bible and don't like to deal with the entire Word of God in context.

WDYS! we had a "No Soliciting" sign on the front door <other, side door was in enclosed/fenced portion of backyard> after we had many times JW's come to the front door. After we put the sign up, we -still - had JW's come to front.
One day I walked out with one of my dogs - Rottie -with me. She was just at my side, I said nothing about or to her. She was not displaying anything. We did not have any JW's after that.

I do not like it when a Christian person say "they feel sorry for me " when I tell them I am Jewish and the person feel that they have to 'save me' .
I strongly feel a if person want to know about Jesus Christ they can ask and then decide if they want to be a follower of him. JW is going about this the wrong way ,it's invasive going right onto people propriety .

I agree, WDYS! I've had that experience as a Jewish person too

Why not you install "No soliciting sign" on front door?
no+soliciting+sign.jpg

I former worked for Sorenson installer? I never give lists of customers' addresses and phone numbers to people. Sorenson will withdraw trainers when sending or selling them.

No - I am not saying the lowly workers on totem pole did this. Think upper management.

I dunno....I think it's kinda strange they would do this because the owners, the Sorenson's are Mormon if I recall correctly.....
Majority of utah workers are mormans - you are correct on this - but I can tell you that that is not going to stop sorenson from looking for business opportunities for extra money since they are already too fat and bleeding money.
I have three VP's at my home, and I never get any JW visitors.

Hey JWers, please don't start, I have a vicious dog at my home!

well your sign might be the ticket. what would happen if the sign was down. will you get the jw visitor?

This is what I got today... of course it went to the recycle bin... ;) It's not just my house... the whole neighborhood got the same thing on their door. I really doubt it is from Sorenson.

No I am not saying sorenson sent them - but Once they sell the list for extra cash flow - its out of their hands. They dont care what they do with it as long it doesnt come back to them. I betcha they made kingdom hall folks to sign a disclosure agreement not to mention thier names.

All I am saying is that I am looking for an commonality and a sorenson vp is the only one other then being deaf/hoh too.
How else can you explain it?! When the kids go back to school - I will be making a sign saying no jw word spreading is allowed on my property. If they dont turn around after seeing it - I definitely will call the cops.

I agree, WDYS! I've had that experience as a Jewish person too

My younger sister made a huge mistake in telling JW she is Jewish , she had the hardest time trying to get rid of them after that .

One time - before I brought my girl out with <my dog, from previous post> there were actually two of them came at the same time. I told them I was pagan and Jewish. That made them perplexed and intrigued.....

One time - before I brought my girl out with <my dog, from previous post> there were actually two of them came at the same time. I told them I was pagan and Jewish. That made them perplexed and intrigued.....

I went to a boarding school in Maine and a girl asked me what religion I was and I told her Jewish . And the girl said" she never seen one before" . I thought I wonder if she is looking for my horns. :roll: Yeah I see me react that way too , and when I wore my Stair of David I had a neighbor that I thought her eyes where going to fall out of head when she saw my Stair of David.

WDYS! we had a "No Soliciting" sign on the front door <other, side door was in enclosed/fenced portion of backyard> after we had many times JW's come to the front door. After we put the sign up, we -still - had JW's come to front.
One day I walked out with one of my dogs - Rottie -with me. She was just at my side, I said nothing about or to her. She was not displaying anything. We did not have any JW's after that.

You know what I find it funny? JW, like Christian, they're suppose to obey the law include rule at each home. Yet, they disobey and go ahead and knocking the door.

I wanted to get a German Shepard mix after Finlay die but my insurance agent said my condo policy would go up. :(

WDYS, I also had someone say that I was "their first Jewish person" ...

a different person I was talking with, we were talking about December holidays and I said I was Jewish...few sentences later, she asked me if we were having family for Christmas. Later in same conversation - I don't remember the exact phrasing - she talked about "they" or "those people" in relation to the word "Jewish"

PowerON, yeah I did too! The first time this happened, I was surprised that this very clear sign on the front door, was ignored. I wondered if I needed to add neon signs or something.

But turns out I did not need to after I walked out with a dog

:(Some insurances are have breed-specific bans or biases, ours does not.

Are you joking??? They're trespassing on people proprieties and will call the cops on you if trespass on their propriety . They have no business trespassing into my building and if they fall and get hurt they try to sue my condo.

they knock on the door so how that trespassing....the jw are pain in butt but you got respect they do it.....if they fall hurt themselves that just tough if dog bites in arse tough.....they must not sue I sure they find answer in Watch Tower...Good idea see what sort of sponsorship jw get

WDYS, I also had someone say that I was "their first Jewish person" ...

a different person I was talking with, we were talking about December holidays and I said I was Jewish...few sentences later, she asked me if we were having family for Christmas. Later in same conversation - I don't remember the exact phrasing - she talked about "they" or "those people" in relation to the word "Jewish"

PowerON, yeah I did too! The first time this happened, I was surprised that this very clear sign on the front door, was ignored. I wondered if I needed to add neon signs or something.

But turns out I did not need to after I walked out with a dog

:(Some insurances are have breed-specific bans or biases, ours does not.
You should had said to the person "so you're calling Jesus Christ one of 'those people' " He is Jewish and people refused to believe me when I told them this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back