Why did Gallaudet required biology class before graduation?

That's life, you have take similar lesson that you had learned over again during college, also most college have credits that require you to take course, Gally isn't alone.

Correct. And college level biology, or any course, is more advanced than the introduction you get in high school.

Pardon Me? Biology does not always apply to medical issues. It can also apply to other categories as well. Gallaudet and other colleges are not full of bologna either. If that's your opinion, so be it, but really, college is not for everyone. It takes stamina and a mind set to it to be able to go through any colleges/universities.[/QUOTE]

That is so true! People have to accept responsibility for not making it instead of blaming it on the schools or classes.

I couldnt transfer all of my credit hours from some community colleges to Arizona State University so does that mean ASU or the community colleges are full of crap too? That's life..some credits will transfer and some will not. Hell, even many of my credits from ASU couldnt transfer into Gallaudet's graduate program.

I guess all colleges are crappy! LOL!

Now, how would you know that as you have admitted you never even took a college biology course?:roll:

Uh?

Common sense?

Friends telling me about it?

Teachers talking about it?

Orientation showed what it'll be like?

COM'ON, I can type in biology in the search engine and learn it right away.

I couldnt transfer all of my credit hours from some community colleges to Arizona State University so does that mean ASU or the community colleges are full of crap too? That's life..some credits will transfer and some will not. Hell, even many of my credits from ASU couldnt transfer into Gallaudet's graduate program.

I guess all colleges are crappy! LOL!

Yep, it happens to anyone who tries to transfer credits. Big deal.:roll:

Uh?

Common sense?

Friends telling me about it?

Teachers talking about it?

Orientation showed what it'll be like?

COM'ON, I can type in biology in the search engine and learn it right away.

Then quite obviously, the above shows that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Then quite obviously, the above shows that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I'm saying that there are classes on college level in high school, possibly much higher than that.

That's all.

Perhaps you should start using your brain more often.
You're asking me questions that a 6 years old kid would ask.

I'm saying that there are classes on college level in high school, possibly much higher than that.

That's all.

Perhaps you should start using your brain more often.
You're asking me questions that a 6 years old kid would ask.

I'm asking at the level you seem to understand.

And again, when you have actually taken college courses, you will have a basis for comparison. As it stands now, you don't.

anyone, i wonder what is about nutrition certification ? is that good? or what? i just curious! i did use search box about it.. interesting.. but i might want to be nutritionist certification that level with DR.. i dont know if i able want it.. but still must do on riding horse! lol! i love it!

i know it is not related to this topic opps! grins!

That is so true! People have to accept responsibility for not making it instead of blaming it on the schools or classes.

Indeed.

It's in the irony when I see people say "Oh this course is too easy and the teacher still flunked me." When one says that, There had to be a reason why the teacher flunked this student, perhaps due to attendance, or not following what is on the syllabus, or simply flunked the final exam? Okay, If it was too easy for this student, then it should have not been a problem in the first place to ace the course instead of blaming it on the teachers (or the school itself). :roll:

And again, when you have actually taken college courses, you will have a basis for comparison. As it stands now, you don't.

He just got pwned. LOL.

Indeed.

It's in the irony when I see people say "Oh this course is too easy and the teacher still flunked me." When one says that, There had to be a reason why the teacher flunked this student, perhaps due to attendance, or not following what is on the syllabus, or simply flunked the final exam? Okay, If it was too easy for this student, then it should have not been a problem in the first place to ace the course instead of blaming it on the teachers (or the school itself). :roll:

U know what I do when I hear stories like these? I laugh cuz they are just wasting their lives on stupid and insignificant issues rather than focusing on productive goals to make their lives better (if that's what they are aiming for). We are only responsible for ourselves.

Jeez, since when do you like being a pompous butt?
Com'on, you gotta admit, this douche bag you are starting to dislike is actually some fun.

I am a student of Ex'pression College, that is an acelerated program to get a degree and I want on in Game Art and Design.

Stop going for 4 years if you're majoring in a specific field.

Jeez, since when do you like being a pompous butt?
Com'on, you gotta admit, this douche bag you are starting to dislike is actually some fun.

I am a student of Ex'pression College, that is an acelerated program to get a degree and I want on in Game Art and Design.

Stop going for 4 years if you're majoring in a specific field.

Try to get those credits transferred to an accredited university and see how how far you get. Ex'presssion is basically a vocational training program geared toward the entertainment industry. Their degrees are not recognized.

And what happened to that,"I don't have a degree and I'm not seeking one" statement you made.

Its okay. Not everyone is college material. Ifs fine to stick with avoc training program. At least you are getting some education. But to advise others that are college candidates and wish to go to college that requirements don't need to be fulfilled, or that they are useless, or that a diploma from a vocational training program is the same thing as a 4 year degree is nothing short of irresponsible.

I did say I don't have a degree.

But I am not sure if I said I wasn't looking for one.

Everyone is able to complete college, they just need to find the right school, right teacher, right environment and of course, some fun in between school and life.

I believe that both deaf colleges aren't perfect.

Perhaps, you could attend a community college or university with some interpreters so that you would make some differences.

It is the best enjoyment with deaf students to attend at NTID and Gally. Of course, these colleges have some advances in English and reading which is not easy for most deaf people. However, they are challenged. These schools are actually generic training program. I could be wrong because things might be changed.

You have to make a hard decision because many deaf students lost their job later after their graduation because they spent too much time to social with friends on the campus. Of course, you have to survive by making money for a living. Nothing is free after you finish your school. You don't want to spend your money, then stay home with your mommy with her hands all the times for rest of your life.

It is a plain stupid to study in biology for an extra fee.

Just a question - How is it stupid to study biology for an extra fee, especially when biology does apply to different aspects other than science itself?

I believe that both deaf colleges aren't perfect.

Perhaps, you could attend a community college or university with some interpreters so that you would make some differences.

It is the best enjoyment with deaf students to attend at NTID and Gally. Of course, these colleges have some advances in English and reading which is not easy for most deaf people. However, they are challenged. These schools are actually generic training program. I could be wrong because things might be changed.

You have to make a hard decision because many deaf students lost their job later after their graduation because they spent too much time to social with friends on the campus. Of course, you have to survive by making money for a living. Nothing is free after you finish your school. You don't want to spend your money, then stay home with your mommy with her hands all the times for rest of your life.

At Arizona State University, I had to pay an extra fee (for lab) to study biology even though it wasnt my major. I am glad that biology was required cuz I ended up finding it pretty interesting. If it wasnt required, I would have never known that I liked science. Also, I learned a lot.

Back