Why did Gallaudet required biology class before graduation?

Biology = The science of life and of living organisms, including their structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, and distribution.

I'm not sure if I'll have fun, but it's good to know when I go to University of Central Florida for game development (computer programming is part of game development, so I'm taking courses based on Computer Programming and Analysis).

I'm not sure if I'll have fun, but it's good to know when I go to University of Central Florida for game development (computer programming is part of game development, so I'm taking courses based on Computer Programming and Analysis).

What kind of field are you looking into?

For me, character modeling and some levels as well. I like to write the storylines too but my mind is sometime filled with things irrevelant for the game.

Actually, what I mean is, I'm not sure if I'm going to have fun with biology.

I'm going to be a game developer, specifically computer programming. Although I do like to do 3D modelling, it's kind of tough. I can do simple things, like modelling a door, a TV (basically, a widescreen TV), etc. Modelling a human is pretty hard for me, even if I gather references from the Internet... The 3D modelling program that I used is Milkshape 3D. I have some experiences with DirectX and XNA, using Microsoft's XNA Game Studio Express.

By the way, this is not a conversation thread. Plus, I can't send you a private message for private conversation. Let's stick back to the topic about university requirements, especially Biology.

Actually, what I mean is, I'm not sure if I'm going to have fun with biology.

I'm going to be a game developer, specifically computer programming. Although I do like to do 3D modelling, it's kind of tough. I can do simple things, like modelling a door, a TV (basically, a widescreen TV), etc. Modelling a human is pretty hard for me, even if I gather references from the Internet... The 3D modelling program that I used is Milkshape 3D. I have some experiences with DirectX and XNA, using Microsoft's XNA Game Studio Express.

By the way, this is not a conversation thread. Plus, I can't send you a private message for private conversation. Let's stick back to the topic about university requirements, especially Biology.

You might be surprised at how an understanding of some biology will help you understand concepts in computer modeling. Because this knowledge can be applied to other domains, and because it is connected to an understanding of other fields is why universities require you to take subjects outside your major.

Good luck to you.

:hmm:, okay. I'll probably have to do some research on biology (I wonder where do I start when it comes to doing a search in the Internet...) before I take the Biology course. I was also interested in physics, too. Physics is definitely related to game development.

:ty: :)

:hmm:, okay. I'll probably have to do some research on biology (I wonder where do I start when it comes to doing a search in the Internet...) before I take the Biology course. I was also interested in physics, too. Physics is definitely related to game development.

:ty: :)

Oh, yes, and biology will also help you to understand the principles of physics.

If you will give me just a bit, I should be able to come up with a couple of sites for you to start with.

Just add bit....

To be honest with you, it's worth one's time studying biology, whether be it required or not, because it applies to everyone's life to understand one's own body. So I concur that all universities/colleges require the students to take it.

Also it isn't that boring, either so ask yourself, nat84 as why do you complain after about it after all?

:werd: all colleges and universities require every student to take biology or science as requirement for their degrees. It seems that Nat84 does not understand the concept of why taking any science courses to meet the requirements.:hmm:

Just add bit....

To be honest with you, it's worth one's time studying biology, whether be it required or not, because it applies to everyone's life to understand one's own body. So I concur that all universities/colleges require the students to take it.

Also it isn't that boring, either so ask yourself, nat84 as why do you complain after about it after all?

I agree..

:werd: all colleges and universities require every student to take biology or science as requirement for their degrees. It seems that Nat84 does not understand the concept of why taking any science courses to meet the requirements.:hmm:

Yea, at Arizona State University, I was required to take 12 credits of science classes so I took Biology I, II and something else..cant remember.

You might be surprised at how an understanding of some biology will help you understand concepts in computer modeling. Because this knowledge can be applied to other domains, and because it is connected to an understanding of other fields is why universities require you to take subjects outside your major.

Good luck to you.

Yep. It also applies to art as well. Medical Illustration is a very good example. Even if you're a fine artist, a good knowledge of the human body is useful when drawing people. It also comes in handy for drawing plants and animals accurately even if your drawing style isn't photo realistic. Gray's Anatomy is very popular with fine artists because it's so detailed.

Lynn Johnson, creator of "For Better Or For Worse", was a medical illustrator before she became a cartoonist. I can believe she was one because of certain details in her cartoons - especially her early cartoons.

hey ROYALE! yes it fun! i never forget that i took that biology! it was one of my best subject i took since high school! know why???????? they give all of us out for Field Trips! i love it! it soo fun! and it made great point to beat bad grade! LOL! i passed it by that! lucky me! whew! i was not good grade on biology so i use Field trip that helps alot! yup! biology is great to study! neat! my favor field trip from that class.. was gone to dino muesum! lol! i was soo enjoyed!! i love it!\

now i had that memories!

Gallaudet's requirements are a joke.

Gallaudet is a private institute and it's on adaemdic probation or it was last time I heard about it.

Private Institute do not have to have general education, but they can almost do anything they want. They made that requirement so the student can stay longer and pay more. I know few school that can finish faster and cheaper. Why pick Gallaudet? Deaf, that's why and also, comfort in communication skill where you don't have much hassles to commuicate.

But then how will you be able to live in the real world? If you want to live in a deaf city. Go to Dakota, i heard of a deaf city there. Anyways, there are requirements and if you took biology in high school, you shouldn't have a problem passing that class. Stop bitching and pass the class so you can graduate.

1. Gallaudet isn't a private institute. It's a public college/university.

2. Academic probabtion has been lifted for Gallaudet.

3. Dakota? Deaf city? That concept folded a long time ago. Afterall who would want to move to South Dakota? (No offense if you live in SD. :) )

1. Gallaudet isn't a private institute. It's a public college/university.

2. Academic probabtion has been lifted for Gallaudet.

3. Dakota? Deaf city? That concept folded a long time ago. Afterall who would want to move to South Dakota? (No offense if you live in SD. :) )

Britannica Concise Encyclopedia: Gallaudet University

Private university for deaf and hard-of-hearing students in Washington, D.C., U.S. It has its roots in a school for deaf and blind children founded in 1856 by Amos Kendall and headed (1857 – 1910) by Edward M. Gallaudet, son of Thomas Gallaudet, founder of the first school for the deaf in the U.S. It consists of a college of arts and sciences, a graduate school, and schools of communications, management, education and human services, and continuing education.

Source.

Gallaudet sucks. If it was public, I'm sure that I'd get in for free and not pay 10k a semester.

You can't go to any college for free. Someone pays the tuition, whether it is through federal grant money, or scholarships. The school gets paid one way or the other whether it is a private university or a public university.

You are eligble for the same financial aid to attend Gally as you would be for any other university.

I only get BOGG cause of SSI. Other than that I paid for everything. BOGG don't apply to many colleges especially private institutes. As you can see, I'm attending a video game school that has general education but related to video games, for example, english: storytelling, history: the era of video games, math: Computer language, etc etc, but no biology related course. Only Computer Science.

I only get BOGG cause of SSI. Other than that I paid for everything. BOGG don't apply to many colleges especially private institutes. As you can see, I'm attending a video game school that has general education but related to video games, for example, english: storytelling, history: the era of video games, math: Computer language, etc etc, but no biology related course. Only Computer Science.

An unaccredited university, whether public or private, is not eligble for federal or state financial aid. A video gaming school is not an accredited university, and therefore cannot be compared to Gally or any other university.

Back