Why did Gallaudet required biology class before graduation?

nat84

Reaction score
I wonder why did gallaudet required stidents to take biology class before they graduated, how is lead this time from the past?

How come did happen that each biology classes get together to take exams three time during evening?

Why did it only show EXAMS 75 % and Classwork, quizzes, homework 25 %?

Is there really fair for students do in biology class?

I've never heard of this being a requirement.

At RIT, it is a requirement that non-Science students take at least 1 or 2 quarters of science. It doesn't matter what science class it is, but as long as it's a science class and approved by your department... you can take it.

I was required to take at least 2 quarters of science. I took Medical Lab Procedures and College Physics.

:)

LOL at Redfox.

Because there are certain requirements for graduation from all universities. If you want a degree, you fulfill the requirements, period. And because if you register for a class, you don't get to dictate the curriculum. That is not the student's job, it is the professor's job.

I've never heard of this being a requirement.

At RIT, it is a requirement that non-Science students take at least 1 or 2 quarters of science. It doesn't matter what science class it is, but as long as it's a science class and approved by your department... you can take it.

I was required to take at least 2 quarters of science. I took Medical Lab Procedures and College Physics.

:)

Agreed. Biology is only one of the choices you can make to fulfill your general university science requirements for graduation.

At the University I go to, all first year students must do one Foundation Unit.

There is 7 different kind of subjects to choose for Foundation Unit.

I picked Evolution & Revolution Foundation Unit.

Plus all first year students must pass foundation unit, if they didn't pass, then they can't move on to 2nd year. Thanks goodness I did passed it. :)

I am growing tired of that person's pathetic and negative attitudes toward Gally and it pisses me off big time.

I want to make something CLEAR that the Gallaudet students are required to take chemistry OR biology course as part of the general education requirement if I remember correctly. Nothing is wrong with it. I decided to take biology and I had fun!

Whenever you make reply here, that person does not bother to reply here. The person had EVERY CHANCE to reply to our posts in her threads that she created.

I am growing tired of that person's pathetic and negative attitudes toward Gally and it pisses me off big time.

I want to make something CLEAR that the Gallaudet students are required to take chemistry OR biology course as part of the general education requirement if I remember correctly. Nothing is wrong with it. I decided to take biology and I had fun!

Whenever you make reply here, that person does not bother to reply here. The person had EVERY CHANCE to reply to our posts in her threads that she created.

Yup, I picked biology over chemistry, I had took chemistry during senior year and it's very hard, I got B but used got D at earlier.

Agreed. ALL university students are required to fulfill general university requirements. Not just Gally students.

We all need to learn and understand about Biology so Gallaudet forced us to become scientists for a short time.

Gallaudet's requirements are a joke.

Gallaudet is a private institute and it's on adaemdic probation or it was last time I heard about it.

Private Institute do not have to have general education, but they can almost do anything they want. They made that requirement so the student can stay longer and pay more. I know few school that can finish faster and cheaper. Why pick Gallaudet? Deaf, that's why and also, comfort in communication skill where you don't have much hassles to commuicate.

But then how will you be able to live in the real world? If you want to live in a deaf city. Go to Dakota, i heard of a deaf city there. Anyways, there are requirements and if you took biology in high school, you shouldn't have a problem passing that class. Stop bitching and pass the class so you can graduate.

Gallaudet's requirements are a joke.

Gallaudet is a private institute and it's on adaemdic probation or it was last time I heard about it.

Private Institute do not have to have general education, but they can almost do anything they want. They made that requirement so the student can stay longer and pay more. I know few school that can finish faster and cheaper. Why pick Gallaudet? Deaf, that's why and also, comfort in communication skill where you don't have much hassles to commuicate.

But then how will you be able to live in the real world? If you want to live in a deaf city. Go to Dakota, i heard of a deaf city there. Anyways, there are requirements and if you took biology in high school, you shouldn't have a problem passing that class. Stop bitching and pass the class so you can graduate.

Geez..u hate Gallaudet and the people who go there or what?

Geez..u hate Gallaudet and the people who go there or what?

I hated the counselors, location, and the education.

People were jerks cause I was one too.

I kept getting busted by the campus police, but never pinned anything on me since they're kinda dumb. If you'd like to know what happened, I'd be glad to type a story about it, hehe. But that's for the new thread! Only on a request, I will provide.

I hated the counselors, location, and the education.

People were jerks cause I was one too.

I kept getting busted by the campus police, but never pinned anything on me since they're kinda dumb. If you'd like to know what happened, I'd be glad to type a story about it, hehe. But that's for the new thread! Only on a request, I will provide.

Please do tell--we're waiting.

I didn't think I'd fit into Gallaudet so I didn't go.

I didn't last long at NTID either.

I'm happier with my AA from a Community College and now I'm working on a BS from a Public University.

To me, education trumps social opportunities when it comes to choosing a school. The only thing I wish I could have done was experience sharing a house with other students.

I have to admit, Gallaudet and NTID both have the social experiences that I wish I had now. I feel that I've grown enough personally to a point where I could handle social relationships better than I could in my teen years. I would definitely appreciate it more now.

Oh well. Things happen for a reason.

Just add bit....

To be honest with you, it's worth one's time studying biology, whether be it required or not, because it applies to everyone's life to understand one's own body. So I concur that all universities/colleges require the students to take it.

Also it isn't that boring, either so ask yourself, nat84 as why do you complain after about it after all?

Back