Who loves Math?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have invite you guys who are math lovers to Math Club.

Ok so how does 1+1=0 .... let me explain

I took a class in my ed degree called "Ring Theory" In this class we dealt with Integral domains. If it was an integral domain of 2 than that number system only has 2 number...(0,1)

so if you add 1+1 you have 2, but since you only have two numbers in this system anything even = 0 and anything odd = 1.

so 1+1 = an even number therefore it equals 0!

Make sense? HAHAHA

It sounds cooler before you explain it :giggle:
Well, I know that 1 + 1 = 10. :)

Ok so how does 1+1=0 .... let me explain

I took a class in my ed degree called "Ring Theory" In this class we dealt with Integral domains. If it was an integral domain of 2 than that number system only has 2 number...(0,1)

so if you add 1+1 you have 2, but since you only have two numbers in this system anything even = 0 and anything odd = 1.

so 1+1 = an even number therefore it equals 0!

Make sense? HAHAHA

It sounds cooler before you explain it :giggle:

A ring! :eek3: That was what I thought it was. :lol:

Ring as it alway will be but it not relate to math. Is it? Double :giggle::giggle:

Hey math lovers, join the math club. Chat away about math.

I don't have math club. :( I don't know if Gallaudet University has it. I will find out. :D

any university of a decent size should have a club for anything you could possibly think of.

At the beginning I didn't love math that much but started to like it more when I was at Gallaudet.

I probably lost half of the times while in high school mainly due to a classmate fighting with the math teacher almost all the times which wasted our time learning Algebra and Algebra II (two years in row). sigh!

Didn't learn Geometry before yet I was surprised that I passed the Geometry test while in the Gally orientation period where freshmen were required to attend. But I failed Algebra II (not surprised on this one) so had to take it then passed it. Later I advanced and passed Pre-Calculus which I was only one student in the class and got B+, slipping the final exam offered by the professor... if I opt to take the final exam instead, I would receive an A- grade probably.

Guess what? I would say that I almost forgot all of Algebra and Pre-Calculus stuff after 20 years out of college so just ask oneself as why should one waste time learning them huh. But I probably say Algebra is good enough, rather so unless depending on what major you take, ofc.

ps. I wasn't sure as if Gally had a math club there in my time back then.

was anyone on the Mathletes team in middle or high school?

i was on it in 8th grade (~12 years old)

i didn't even want to be on the team, but my math teacher pressured me into it (i hated coming to school an extra 30 minutes early every week!)

we had 3 ultra-math-geniuses on the team. 2 of them were Asian girls, the third was a thuggish Mexican kid that was mysteriously brilliant at math. and the rest of the team was mediocre white math students like myself.

after 3 months' preparation, we went to the Mathletes competition at a nearby high school where about 10 middle schools competed. out of about 300 students, my friend and i tied for 11th place :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back