Who loves Math?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the beginning I didn't love math that much but started to like it more when I was at Gallaudet.

I probably lost half of the times while in high school mainly due to a classmate fighting with the math teacher almost all the times which wasted our time learning Algebra and Algebra II (two years in row). sigh!

Didn't learn Geometry before yet I was surprised that I passed the Geometry test while in the Gally orientation period where freshmen were required to attend. But I failed Algebra II (not surprised on this one) so had to take it then passed it. Later I advanced and passed Pre-Calculus which I was only one student in the class and got B+, slipping the final exam offered by the professor... if I opt to take the final exam instead, I would receive an A- grade probably.

Guess what? I would say that I almost forgot all of Algebra and Pre-Calculus stuff after 20 years out of college so just ask oneself as why should one waste time learning them huh. But I probably say Algebra is good enough, rather so unless depending on what major you take, ofc.

ps. I wasn't sure as if Gally had a math club there in my time back then.

You did well your improve the math. :D I'm proud of you in Gally got passed your math classes. :D Good job.

I will ask Gally about that. ;)

I tried to like math. I really really tried. No matter what I did, I hated having anything to do with anything harder than 2+2=5 (for large values of 2).

I've had countless arguments with people about what math is. I view math is nothing more than logic, but other people think that logic is nothing more than math.

However, I recently came upon a new thought, that math is nothing more than another language. Much like one can study Latin, French, German, etc., so can Math be considered at that level.

Oh, and what's higher level than math? I can't think of anything else, except very high level philosophical discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back